The Android / IOS Switcheroo

Wooodd
Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I have a £15 iTunes voucher which I've had for ages, if there was ever a time to be buying HP this is it.

The only issue is that I play on android so I just wanted clarification on how to swap over to add the credit then swap back.

I believe I know what I'm doing but didn't want to mess up as its not my iPad I'll be using. Here's what I think the process will be:

1) Install and sign into facebook on iPad.

2) Install MPQ.

3) Play through opening prologue (yay!!).

4) Back up with facebook, which should then pick up on my current game and load.

5) Purchase the HP.

6) Play a round just to force a save server end.

7) Load up again on android, and the HP should be there.

Am I missing anything? Has anyone else had to go through this, and if so is it as straight forward as it appears?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, that should do it. Make sure you close it completely on your Android device and do a quick prologue match to make sure the FB save is as current as possible before loading it on the other device.
  • Wooodd
    Thanks for confirming.

I
    will turn the android off before I start and leave it off untill I'm all done. Likewise with iPad when I swap back.
  • Malcrof
    Wooodd wrote:
    Thanks for confirming.

I
    will turn the android off before I start and leave it off untill I'm all done. Likewise with iPad when I swap back.

Just be careful touching the IoS device.. i have heard they can carry diseases... (joke)
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't stress about the ios backup part once you get through the prologue. Unless they changed it since last time I did it the wording is very ambiguous and makes it sound like you're going to overwrite your main fb save with the new prologue only save data, that is not the case. Just ignore the wording and hit ok.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I switch back and forth all the time between my ipad and Android phone usually with no issue. The only difference I have notice when switching between the 2 is that my q's in pvp are different and sometimes the covers I just sold are back in my inventory but I'm usually careful about closing out before I switch.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I switch back and forth all the time between my ipad and Android phone usually with no issue.

Ditto. You shouldn't have any issues using both, OP.
  • Dimh
    Dimh Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I switch back and forth all the time between my ipad and Android phone usually with no issue. The only difference I have notice when switching between the 2 is that my q's in pvp are different and sometimes the covers I just sold are back in my inventory but I'm usually careful about closing out before I switch.

That can be fixed by playing a quick match (usually against level 5's in Prologue) prior to ending your session. After the match, close the App in the processes of the device.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Just be careful touching the IoS device.. i have heard they can carry diseases... (joke)
    Horrible diseases like... privacy. No Android user wants that! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    Horrible diseases like... privacy. No Android user wants that! icon_e_wink.gif

I bet you're signed into a facebook account on your iOS device. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    i tried doing this, but ended up having some serious issues and it didn't work for me. this is the message I sent to support, but I am posting here to see if anyone has any suggestions:
    I redeemed the gift card into iTunes, then downloaded MPQ onto an old iPod Touch that I don't really use any more. I played through the tutorial on the iPod, then purchased a Logan's Loonies (I think it was after the third node in the Prologue). Obviously the $15 iTunes credit was not enough, so I covered the ~ $5 difference by using my credit card through iTunes.

After that, I tried connecting to facebook; however, this does not seem to be working. I go to Options, click on Save Backup Using Facebook, then click Log In when prompted. At this point, it seems like the facebook app does not want to connect with MPQ. not sure what is going on. i have tried this process numerous times, and it either seems to stall here (a blank facebook page opens and gets stuck) OR it opens facebook and stays there (it does not go back to MPQ, and when i go back to MPQ manually, i am back to where i was before, i.e. MPQ has not connected to my facebook account).

Secondly, not only am I having the above issue, but I am having a problem with the HP credited after buying the Logan's Loonies. With the Anniversary Sale, a LL should be worth 3,770 HP, but after buying the LL on my 'dummy' ios MPQ account, I only have 3,075 HP. This also includes whatever HP is provided as a new player. It looks like the extra 30% was not issued, only the standard 2,990 HP in the usual LL.

after going through all of this, I realized that I should have backed up to facebook prior to purchasing the LL. however, I am still unable to link to facebook, so i'm not sure that would have made a difference. the ipod touch is old, and I have gotten a "performance warning" that I've never seen on my android.

another thing I tried without avail is deleting the facebook app from the ipod, then tried linking to facebook using safari. when I did that, I got a message that this facebook account had already approved MPQ (or something to that effect).

i'm also boggled by the fact that I didn't get the bonus HP from the LL. I have a screenshot of the dummy account as proof, as well as my receipt from iTunes. hopefully with those things support can help me out.
  • Wooodd
    Just an update, did the old double device dance this morning and it went without a hitch.

The only draw back is that all my HP is gone already. On the plus side those 12 *** covers I had queued are all rostered, only Reed Richards and IW left queued now.
  • Malcrof
    Wooodd wrote:
    Just an update, did the old double device dance this morning and it went without a hitch.

The only draw back is that all my HP is gone already. On the plus side those 12 *** covers I had queued are all rostered, only Reed Richards and IW left queued now.

If you could, head over to Tips and Guides and write up a step by step on how you did it, using an i-tunes card for an android device, include fb syncing and all that, i will sticky it, this gets asked quite a bit, and since you did it successfully, a guide would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Wooodd
    Malcrof wrote:
    If you could, head over to Tips and Guides and write up a step by step on how you did it, using an i-tunes card for an android device, include fb syncing and all that, i will sticky it, this gets asked quite a bit, and since you did it successfully, a guide would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Here you go, couldn't think of an appropriate title so feel free to rename it something more descriptive.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33462
  • Malcrof
    Title is now - "Using Gift Cards Cross Platform - A Guide" nice work!

locking this one, now that we have an official guide!, feel free to post in the new thread!
This discussion has been closed.