Characters stuck in limbo

Options
Zirtak
Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
Hi, I set my phone's date to November. After playing a match of MPQ:DR in the regular story line I noticed the tournaments were gone. Trying to resolve this I set back my phone's date to October. The characters who were downed in the 'November' match now have a rivive countdown timer of 30 days, which means I can't effectively play the game in 30 days. Is there a way to get these characters out of limbo?

Cheers

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    You get heals every hour and a half. Just use those to revive the characters.
  • Zirtak
    Options
    Forgot to mention: the timer for those is also in limbo, as the game thinks I live 30 days from now. So the downed characters and the healing countdown are both counting down to November.
  • Welcome to the downside of using this "exploit"; it bites back and it bites back hard. icon_razz.gif
  • Zirtak
    Options
    It was an honest mistake, of course icon_e_wink.gif

Anyway, bought myself out of limbo for 60 coins. Still something that might need some looking in to.
  • I assume it's deliberate. Most freemium games have a similar deliberate "punishment" for changing the time on your device.
  • Zirtak wrote:
    It was an honest mistake, of course icon_e_wink.gif

Anyway, bought myself out of limbo for 60 coins. Still something that might need some looking in to.

Haha, no worries; I screwed around with it a little bit when I first discovered it, too and learned the hard way that it wasn't worth it either; I'm guessing its a pretty common story on here. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ah, the downside of messing with the system clock, yes.

Try setting the date/time to current, then restarting the app (thus linking the most current data w/ FB), then clearing the app's data. When you open the reset app and push your backup data from FB, your heroes will still be downed for ~30 days, but your heal pack timer should be reset to its normal interval. (1.5 hours or so?) If not, try uninstalling/reinstalling to see if that works.

Otherwise, you're going to have to drop some HP on a heal pack, then use that character to farm for other healing packs. (or spend more HP on more heal packs)

In the future, HYPOTEHTICALLY SPEAKING, of course, one might only advance the system clock by the exact number of hours/minutes needed to keep playing, then set the time back to normal when they go to sleep- all the hours that were "stolen" would then be recovered while the person slept and/or was at work the next day....HYPOTEHTICALLY SPEAKING, of course. icon_e_confused.gif