More events needed

Look at your play numbers. Look how many people ground to the middle of this 7 day ISO Brotherhood event and stopped playing.

Aside from DDQ, which is 30 minutes of play max, our only other event is PvP, which many people won't play until they have a good roster.

Please, MORE events. Events for 1* and 2* and 3* teams to compete against each other. Survival mode combat with ever harder opponents rotating in. Proffered teams that other players can play and the winning players, and team suppliers, win prizes. Loser events where the objective is to LOSE the match as quickly as possible with a fully stocked and levelled team where if you don't fire your powers when they have charged, the game does it for you! (Invisible Woman would, admittedly, have an unfair advantage there...)

You should have 4-5 events running at a time. Minimum.

Would many of you on the dev or business teams would play a MMORPG with 2 dungeons--one of which was PvP, and the other of which was a week long mega-crawl with the loot being a few grey vendor loot items, a green set of gloves, and some really killer purple random gear piece that you would not be able to wear until you levelled up over the next 4 months?

Few of you would.

And that is precisely what we have offered to us right now.

You have the mechanics in place for a LOT of different events.

More variety yields more customers... And, happier customers.

You have the ability.

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are many who appreciate the break between seasons. Plus I hear there's something happening on Thursday. Supposed to be a big deal, I guess?
  • There are many who appreciate the break between seasons. Plus I hear there's something happening on Thursday. Supposed to be a big deal, I guess?

So you are saying that because some people take a break between seasons, nothing else should be offered for people who want to play?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a suggestion thread.. no need for attacking anyone, or countering anyone's input... a suggestion was made, please keep responses constructive, and remember that millions play this game, and most likely no 2 play alike...keep an open mind, especially with suggestions.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    There are many who appreciate the break between seasons. Plus I hear there's something happening on Thursday. Supposed to be a big deal, I guess?

So you are saying that because some people take a break between seasons, nothing else should be offered for people who want to play?

Such as lightning rounds. Not playing PvP and then comparing about not enough events doesn't really make sense. There's a reason why many people asked for breaks between seasons, longer periods of time for refreshes of PvE, and not having multiple subs running in PvE.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do think OP has something of a point here, I think a couple of new game modes (scenario mode, maybe a competitive collection mode, time attack) would help to ease this issue for some of the higher transition gamers. Also love the star tiered arena idea, that could definitely work and would benefit every single player equally, including the ones with 4 and 5 * rosters.

We know the Devs have been busy so nobody here is pointing fingers, but these are pretty good suggestions to consider for the future.
  • I do think OP has something of a point here, I think a couple of new game modes (scenario mode, maybe a competitive collection mode, time attack) would help to ease this issue for some of the higher transition gamers. Also love the star tiered arena idea, that could definitely work and would benefit every single player equally, including the ones with 4 and 5 * rosters.

We know the Devs have been busy so nobody here is pointing fingers, but these are pretty good suggestions to consider for the future.

Precisely. This game, like any other entertainment business, cannot say, "Good enough" and leave it at that. While I do appreciate the fact some people like to take a break between seasons, the solution is not to prevent everyone from playing by not offering anything, but let people pick and choose what they want to play.

Others would like some variety. For me, because I only have 2* teams, any PvP boils down to grinding to near the prize I want, and then having people chew away at my numbers faster than I can recoup them. And that is because I am in direct competition with 3* and 4* teams.

Is it possible for me to beat them? Absolutely. Is it more likely they have me for breakfast ten times before I make a single meal out of them.

Yes.

So why not tiered PvP. MMORPGs have various level battlegrounds for a reason--so lower level players can do something besides die really, really fast over and over? Why not have 2 or 3 story events running at the same time with different rewards? Why not the "fastest death wins" tournaments? You can have 5-10 events running at any single time. There are enough players. Yes, it does mean that you must pick and choose which events you participate in.

But guess what--you can't run every instance in Warcraft tonight with every group. If I like his event, I'll run it. You run that one.

There is a reason Amazon sells more than 3 books, and iTunes sells more than 3 songs.

Actually, what we should do is start to compose a list of player proposed events. Let the genius if the Internet... I mean genius of the MPQ players, come up with events. Have a competition where the first person to suggest an event that is implemented gets... A maxxed out Old Logan.

Or, if you REALLY want people competing, a maxxed out Pitiful One.
    (I want, in a Marvel based game, somewhere, sometime, to play the Pitiful One. If SG gets her own character, PO should as well!)

It costs nothing for the Devs, and the wealth of ideas flowing in will be gold. So, how do we propose a formal suggestion list?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards

Is it possible for me to beat them? Absolutely. Is it more likely they have me for breakfast ten times before I make a single meal out of them.

I Love taking on over powered teams. It probably makes me a bit odd but if you get stung by an unusual team (instead of the usual Ares, Wolvie, Daken, Hulk combos) that seems a little underpowered...it's probably me. My 2* team are not maxed out (level 90 CStorm is highest) and my 3* team can't be maxed out. For me part of the fun is testing myself, not looking for a 'winnable' match but looking at every match as winnable (I even attempted to match damage an over powered Juggs with OBW). That's just me though, not seen anyone else posting similar weirdo quests.
    It costs nothing for the Devs, and the wealth of ideas flowing in will be gold. So, how do we propose a formal suggestion list

True, very true. Isn't this whole suggestions forum exactly what you are describing though? Just without the same categorising.

• Is it possible for me to beat them? Absolutely. Is it more likely they have me for breakfast ten times before I make a single meal out of them.

I Love taking on over powered teams. It probably makes me a bit odd but if you get stung by an unusual team (instead of the usual Ares, Wolvie, Daken, Hulk combos) that seems a little underpowered...it's probably me. My 2* team are not maxed out (level 90 CStorm is highest) and my 3* team can't be maxed out. For me part of the fun is testing myself, not looking for a 'winnable' match but looking at every match as winnable (I even attempted to match damage an over powered Juggs with OBW). That's just me though, not seen anyone else posting similar weirdo quests.
    It costs nothing for the Devs, and the wealth of ideas flowing in will be gold. So, how do we propose a formal suggestion list

True, very true. Isn't this whole suggestions forum exactly what you are describing though? Just without the same categorising.

Perhaps. But it is disjointed. I was envisioning something a little more segmented, so people could go back and forth on tweaks and nuances of ideas, and the current best ideas would be in one spot.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards

whats happening on thursday
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

Judging by the graphic on the event panel, it's silly hat day.
  • lockness
    lockness Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    slidecage wrote:

Judging by the graphic on the event panel, it's silly hat day.

The end of the world or Mardi Gras. icon_razz.gif
  • lockness
    lockness Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    On a more serious note...

I know a recent announcement from the developers have hinted that there is more to come outside of Anniversary week, so hopefully we will see new stuff.

But until that happens, I would love more events to choose from. I’m at the point in my transition where certain 3* covers are elusive. For a specific character’s cover, it can take weeks or months for it to cycle around into events as obtainable prizes (obtainable for someone of my level). Earning certain covers through DDQ can also take time with 40-3* characters. I’m doing the current 7-Day PVE for the Legendary token, however, the only cover I could use is at T10, which I’ve never been able to reach. The covers I do win will be sold. It’s my first attempt to earn a Legendary via PVE – yes, testing my mettle in a 7-day was not smart, but since I started it, I’m aiming to complete it. It’s not as fun and I don’t think I’ll be doing that again.

I know the developers have added new events in the last few months, but I don’t think they’re doing it as frequently as they should. In addition to having more events running simultaneously, I would love it if they introduced new events half as frequently as they introduce new characters. Wishful thinking: Multiple events for every tier level or fun/silly story events - shoot, just excite me with a Star-Lord & Devil Dino dance off! Maybe more events like Growth Industry for casual players, and why not a Prologue, Part 2 – Chapters 6-10 offering a starter 3*, maybe 4*, set.

Prologue was what got me hooked. Low stress, casual play where you can stand in line at the grocery store, play a match, and actually win a cover or HP. Similar to how they offer a starter 1* and 2* in chapters 1-5. A part 2, offering 1 cover of each color for (maybe 5) 3* characters would be a fantastic incentive for casual / early 2-3* transitioners. I would even bet a reasonable number of players in this group would invest $ in HP to roster a starter set instead of selling the single random 3* they pull from a token.

I do know that participation in my alliance has dropped significantly. From our chats, some are bored or feeling the game is too competitive or feeling that they’re far behind with the introduction of the 5*.
  • I think they should do a specific versus for 4 and 5* only. The 5* would be taken out of the normal versus so it's not impossible to rank without one. If it keeps going on it would be like an MPQ Armageddon.

Also some new story lines like Hail Hydra, Superior Carnage, World War Hulk, or many other NON-DARK REIGN ones. There's some very cool stories to introduce new characters.