Best Loading screen graphics?

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
What is/was your favorite loading screen graphic? Right now, the Galactus / Surfer one , is my all time favorite.. very aesthetically pleasing... and no more Dr. Procto!

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    The one that only shows for a couple seconds rather than the minute plus I get these days.......
  • The Utron Loading Screen was cool. Wasn't it red?

It was a big moment for MPQ to introduce boss battle mechanics via the ULTRON NODES.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Even though it required an extra step to start the game, my favorite is still the original with the Iron Man hand blaster that you had to push to start the game. It was cool and interactive.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I liked the Ultron one, personally.

Least favorite was the Surfer, Mr. Fantastic one. Mr. F. just stands there, looking smug, while he gives you the finger. Ugh.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Galactus/Surfer is by far my favorite. The animation of Surfer.... so great.

This is MUCH better than bouncy Mr. Fantastic giving me the finger every time I open the app... icon_e_smile.gif
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    My favorite was Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, and Bruce Banner. Laughed right out loud when I figured it out. In fact, I love when the game does stuff like this. The Gauntlet's had some good ones; my favorites have been Fury/Prof X./Cage and Hulk/Shulk/Gamora.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    I agree that the one with Mr. Fantastic was a clear miss, while I get the idea was most likely to show he's elastic it looked quite absurd. Made me laugh the first time in a 'is this for real?' kind of way, and just made me shake my head everytime thereafter.

Galactus/Surfer is one of my favourites too, puts a smile on my face everytime SS comes circling around (in my mind he's going: 'Look at me! I'm... FABULOUS! icon_lol.gif ). And I liked the one that was on when I started out almost 500 days ago, featuring IM35 (and two others?), just for nostalgia's sake.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    My favorite was Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, and Bruce Banner. Laughed right out loud when I figured it out. In fact, I love when the game does stuff like this. The Gauntlet's had some good ones; my favorites have been Fury/Prof X./Cage and Hulk/Shulk/Gamora.
    Our next loading screen has a more subtle, meta version of this.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

Oooo.. any leaked images to share?
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    may I represent all us simpletons, and ask you to explain the joke here? TIA
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jam_Adams wrote:

I believe it's because they are all Doctors
  • I loved the Jean + carnage one!

Oh wait.
  • I prefer the thanos start screen.

This one with surfer flying out of galactus' ear is just okay.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Jam_Adams wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFtyh-5LPxw
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Jam_Adams wrote:

I believe it's because they are all Doctors
    And they are all green-themed too.
  • Most of the 2-character ones in the recent months have felt off balance to me- I kept thinking they were about to introduce a new character that would be added in once it was announced but then nope.

The Galactus one at least feels visually balanced.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:

Is it the disappointed look one gets when they pull IW or SL from a legendary token?
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:

Is it the disappointed look one gets when they pull IW or SL from a legendary token?

Star Lord resents this comment.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Inappropriate post
    Dr Richards is a proctologist!!! SS is at that age he needed that test for his physical to enter the game
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Everyone talks about Mr F and his sinister finger.

I was more amused by SS humping the loading logo icon_lol.gif