How about a PVE Season rewards/ alliance ranking?

Darknes21
Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I know we have a PVP season reward / ranking, how about one for PVE?

I was reading the forum today and saw the rankings for PVP and thought how cool would that be for PVE. Being a commander for an alliance I know how much of my time is consumed by the recruiting. If we had a ranking system it would help show potential recruits how good an alliance is. In the same instance if there was a player rankings would make a commander job a little easier on filtering out all the liers and non active players.

Also I know a lot of beginners players PVE because there rosters are not strong enough for PVP. If you add a reward or alliance reward it might help them built up there roster faster.

Just a thought!

Darknes21 (LogansLoonies)

Mod Edit: Moving to suggestions thread on 10/08

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darknes21 wrote:
    I know we have a PVP season reward / ranking, how about one for PVE?

I was reading the forum today and saw the rankings for PVP and thought how cool would that be for PVE. Being a commander for an alliance I know how much of my time is consumed by the recruiting. If we had a ranking system it would help show potential recruits how good an alliance is. In the same instance if there was a player rankings would make a commander job a little easier on filtering out all the liers and non active players.

Also I know a lot of beginners players PVE because there rosters are not strong enough for PVP. If you add a reward or alliance reward it might help them built up there roster faster.

Just a thought!

Darknes21 (LogansLoonies)

As a mostly PVE player I second this notion.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    PvE does have some benefits not afforded to PvP (new character releases particularly), but this could still be an interesting idea.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    I think the reason is that PvE doesn't have any costs associated with it. You can get quite a bit of hp, iso, and covers without using hp for something similar to shields and seeing as most PvE players soft cap their chars they don't have the iso needs that a PvP player has.

In terms of recruitment, I've seen many top alliances take screenshots of their placements and use those in their ads. The liars aren't that big of a problem since once they join they're easily booted. You cab always have people send you screen shots of their current score if you wish

Lastly some commanders have been known to lie as well. I've been recruited to multi alliances where the commander has said one of his sub alliances would place t100. Just like you can boot liars, I can leave an alliance.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    KK Bundy wrote:
    ... most PvE players soft cap their chars
    Do you have actual numbers to back that up?

There is certainly a vocal contingent of people who advocate not leveling characters for the purposes of PvE, but it's probably a stretch to say it's the majority.
  • Im not trying to insult/disparage the programming on this game, but this might be an issue with how point structure is set up.

IE, for Seasons in PVP, there's only 1 "Sub" for each PVE event, and they feed into the Season score. So the subs are tracked, and totaled for the season score. There's 2 "lines" of scores being tracked.

In PVE, the "Seasons" are essentially the story arcs/chapters. The subs total up to the story arc score, so there's still 2 "lines" of scores being tracked.

For PVE to be put into "Seasons", there would have to be a third line, tracking the totals of story arc scores, and I can't think of a spot in the game where 3 scores are tracked in this method.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember reading from that the devs a while back that they were considering this before but instead they chose to give us Deadpool Daily.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    Im not trying to insult/disparage the programming on this game, but this might be an issue with how point structure is set up.

IE, for Seasons in PVP, there's only 1 "Sub" for each PVE event, and they feed into the Season score. So the subs are tracked, and totaled for the season score. There's 2 "lines" of scores being tracked.

In PVE, the "Seasons" are essentially the story arcs/chapters. The subs total up to the story arc score, so there's still 2 "lines" of scores being tracked.

For PVE to be put into "Seasons", there would have to be a third line, tracking the totals of story arc scores, and I can't think of a spot in the game where 3 scores are tracked in this method.

Ultron has personal progression, alliance progression, and ultron health, which was a type of progression.