The Taco Vault: 100 days later

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I've been tracking what I've gotten from Deadpool's Tacos since the switch from a totally blind token to a vault system, and today brings to a close the 20th 5-day vault cycle.

There have been some rough cycles in the last 3+ months (my "favorite" was the one that yielded 250 HP and 9 2*) but I thought I'd take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

I didn't have exactly 200 tokens to pull for either my Steam account or mobile account, but it should be a reasonably good snapshot all the same.

Steam (198 tokens): 30 star.pngstar.pngstar.png covers; 11 1500 iso8.png rewards; 3 10,000 iso8.png rewards; 25 health pack rewards; 9 250 imcoin.png rewards; 1 1000 imcoin.png reward; and 119 star.pngstar.png rewards.

60% of my Steam pulls were star.pngstar.png covers. 175 of 300 items in any given vault are star.pngstar.png covers, for 58.333% of the possible rewards.

The odds of pulling any given 3* cover from a 300 item vault are 34/300, or 11.333%. My 3* rate was about 15%.

On the other hand, with x30 1500 iso8.png items in a 300 item vault, the pull rate on those should have been about 10%, but my x11 total pulls clocks in at just over 5.5%.

Three 10,000 iso8.png pulls in 198 tokens is about a 1.5% pull rate compared with a 0.3% rate for pulling that award from a 300 item vault.

Health packs are a 14% pull possibility, but my 25 health packs came in at about 12.6% of my total pulls.

250 imcoin.png are a 4% pull possibility, but my 9/198 clocks in at about 4.5% of my total pulls.

And finally, the 1000 imcoin.png shares the same rate as the 10,000 iso8.png - 0.3% - but pulling one of them in 198 tokens made that about 0.5% of my total pulls.

I didn't pull any 4* covers or legendary tokens on Steam.

Obviously, the math on all of that is fudged some because of how the rates change as you pull items from the vault. Which is how I can be pulling 2* at a higher than "expected" rate and still get some pretty good rates on the other rewards.

Now, mobile (149 tokens):

20 star.pngstar.pngstar.png (13.4%); 14 1500 iso8.png (9.4%); 1 10,000 iso8.png (.6%); 2 5,000 iso8.png (1.3%); 14 health packs (9.4%); 8 250 imcoin.png (5.3%); 88 star.pngstar.png (59.1%); 1 icon_wolverine.png 4* (.6%); 1 legendary token (.6%)

Slightly above "expected" pull rates on 2*. Slightly lower 3* pull rate than what Steam got. Got two 4*-equivalent rewards in 149 tokens there, slightly below what I'd have gotten by cleaning a 300-item vault out, but both 4* covers were useful to my roster without having to add a roster slot, so there's that. No 1000 imcoin.png rewards here, but about an 18% higher 250 imcoin.png pull rate compared to Steam. Glancing, it looks like I got more iso8.png , imcoin.png and 4* covers at the expense of health packs, which I'm okay with (I have nearly 100 stockpiled on mobile, heh).

One notable difference between the two accounts: I barely play PVE or PVP on mobile, while I play PVE regularly and PVP semi-regularly on Steam. Sample size is likely too small to draw any conclusions about pull rates from that, but I thought it was interesting.

I had a bunch of runs in there - both accounts - with 7+ 2* pulls in a given five-day cycle. I'm still horribly horribly annoyed by the Wheel-of-Doom animation that has precisely zero effect save the elevation of my blood pressure.

But the macro view suggests that my pulls have actually been reasonably good, even though it doesn't "feel" like it.

I wish I could run the same experiment without that stupid tinykitty animation and see what my "sense" of my pull rate is compared to what the next ~200 tacos actually bring.

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    So basically... 29750 iso (from 2*s) + 30000 + 16500 = 76250 iso and 3250 HP assuming you needed every single 3* cover.
    Hmm.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    So basically... 29750 iso (from 2*s) + 30000 + 16500 = 76250 iso and 3250 HP assuming you needed every single 3* cover.
    Hmm.

Every 3* cover my mobile account got was necessary, yes. Some of the Steam ones were not. For example, I got Magneto's yellowflag.png from a taco today to give him 5 yellow, but he would have gotten that from DDQ anyway. So, split hairs, but still.

There were others where I got a cover that I technically could have used but did not want to go 4 or 5 in the power in question. So not all of the 3* covers I got on Steam were needed, but on mobile, they absolutely were.
  • Blahahah
    DFiPL wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Hmm.

Every 3* cover my mobile account got was necessary, yes. Some of the Steam ones were not. For example, I got Magneto's yellowflag.png from a taco today to give him 5 yellow, but he would have gotten that from DDQ anyway. So, split hairs, but still.

There were others where I got a cover that I technically could have used but did not want to go 4 or 5 in the power in question. So not all of the 3* covers I got on Steam were needed, but on mobile, they absolutely were.

I did it more just to make the iso amount quantified as I don't want to estimate the need/not ratio of the 3*s.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently opened 95 savory tacos and here're my results:

1x 1000 HP
    1x 5000 ISO
    12x 3* (none were needed)
    6x 250 HP
    9x 1500 ISO
    16x Health Packs
    50x 2* (none were needed)

The other 6 (1 from above were from the national taco day if you're wondering why there were 101) I opened previously and gotten these:

1x 10000 ISO
    1x Health Packs
    3x 2* (none were needed)
    1x 3* (not needed)

Disappointed that I didn't get any 4* covers.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    After 100 days I'm thinking: really, I'm only 1/3rd of the way through hoarding these? Ug, that seemed like an eternity by itself - really wish the vaults only had 100 items. Can't believe you have to hoard for a year now. Would it really kill sales to have 1 legendary token and 2 4*'s collected once every three months? That would be one 4* a month...when two a month are being released!

Also thinking: hope that "99" means "99+" like it says on top!
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    After 100 days I'm thinking: really, I'm only 1/3rd of the way through hoarding these? Ug, that seemed like an eternity by itself - really wish the vaults only had 100 items. Can't believe you have to hoard for a year now. Would it really kill sales to have 1 legendary token and 2 4*'s collected once every three months? That would be one 4* a month...when two a month are being released!

On the bright side: When you DO start opening up tacos, and if you're hypothetically only going for 4*s, you can stop pulling them as soon as you get them, and be set up already for the next batch!

If you're lucky, at least.
  • Blahahah
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Only half of a year, slightly less

Since theres 73 taco rotations in a basic year, assuming you never miss a taco ever it'll only take you 300 days to get 300 tokens in both categories.
    since thats 10 tokens a week, out of a 5 day span, and then 10 for the remaining 5 days out of a 10 day span.
    Then it just keeps going.

You'd even have I believe 2 months spare, give or take, to wait for the specific covers you wanted the most.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    By the time a person hoarding that many tacos lets loose, I imagine they won't need the cover if they are getting legendaries and 4 stars from events.

I really really really would love communication on how those smaller vaults do. It'd be something I'd love to see more of in game.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    I think a fun solution would be to occasionally give out taco tokens as random rewards for things to help with hoarding or just regular spending. Maybe a 1/50 chance of getting a taco instead of the normal 20 iso or something similar. Maybe give out X amount of tacos in addition to placement rewards for events.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    GurlBYE wrote:
    By the time a person hoarding that many tacos lets loose, I imagine they won't need the cover if they are getting legendaries and 4 stars from events.

I currently have 100 tokens in each of my vaults. By the time I'm up to 300 I will have most of my 3* finished with the possible exceptions of the last ones introduced. With a bit of luck I might even not need any 3* covers at all.

The 4* and legendary token will be what I'm after and believe me, I will need them. There's no way my 4* will be near completion in 200 days even if they introduced an event that actually mirrors the 3* DDQ.
  • Pongie
    Lee T wrote:
    The 4* and legendary token will be what I'm after and believe me, I will need them. There's no way my 4* will be near completion in 200 days even if they introduced an event that actually mirrors the 3* DDQ.

Do you play pve? I thought the same, but with the legendary tokens at max progression now, you do get a 4* every 3/4/7 days. I'm not done with my 3* yet (only need 20-25 covers to complete/respec), but I have noticed my 4* getting their covers much faster now. I'm starting to consider hoarding the ISO for my 4* instead of levelling 3* beyond my dozen to 166.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mod Edit: 10/08 this will be moved to all new Statistics sub-forum. These are the types of things we want to see in there to make it fun!
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Pongie wrote:
    Lee T wrote:

Do you play pve? I thought the same, but with the legendary tokens at max progression now, you do get a 4* every 3/4/7 days. I'm not done with my 3* yet (only need 20-25 covers to complete/respec), but I have noticed my 4* getting their covers much faster now. I'm starting to consider hoarding the ISO for my 4* instead of levelling 3* beyond my dozen to 166.

Faster but not so much. I currently need more than 160 4* covers to complete the current roster. In 200 days they'll have added at least 91 covers to that total (7 characters). In 200 days I should get about 50 legendary tokens through PVE and lucky 4*DDQ. That's better than nothing but not much more.

If the rumored new gameplay to get 4* is comparable to the 4* DDQ, chances are one important character will be missing from my roster by then and that would be me icon_e_smile.gif .
  • Pongie
    Was running low on HP so I had the intention of opening my 120 sweet tacos
    Stopped at 34 once I hit the jackpot, 1000 HP.
    The other 33 were:
    1x 4* deadpool
    3x 3*s (only needed 1)
    1x 250 HP
    3x 1500 ISO
    8x Health packs
    17x 2*s

I'm happy with that.

Edit: opened 32 savoury tacos today as I needed health packs for the sentry pvp.

5x 3*s (all sold)
    1x 250 HP
    4x 1500 ISO
    7x Health packs
    16x 2*s

Guess the sweet ones are better for me

Edit#2: my savoury tacos streak continues. Another 20 opened resulting in

1x 3* sold
    2x 250 HP
    1x 1500 ISO
    2x Health packs
    14x 2*s

Edit #3: tried to get the red hulk cover in the vault to increase my chance of beating the clash of titan. Opens 132 sweet tacos...

1x legendary token (red imhb)
    1x iceman blue
    1x 10000 ISO
    15x 3*s (at least 1 used for respec)
    2x 250 HP
    14x 1500 ISO
    21x Health Packs
    77x 2*s

Would have liked a little more HP.

Edit #4: opened 16 savoury tacos since I ran out of health packs for pve grind

1x 3* sold
    2x 250 HP
    1x 1500 ISO
    2x Health packs
    10x 2*s

Almost identical to the 20 I opened last time

Edit #5: finally something good from the savoury tacos

1x legendary token
    1x xfdp purple
    1x 250HP
    2x Health packs
    4x 2*s

Edit #6: opened 32 savoury tacos this week. Needed so many health packs to grind for quake.

4x 3*s
    5x 1500 ISO
    4x Health packs
    19x 2*s

Edit #7: venom bomb sux, 30 sweet tacos opened for health packs

4x 3*s
    1x 250HP
    8x 1500 ISO
    5x Health Packs
    12x 2*s

Edit #8: 17 sweet tacos

4x 3*s