Which 3 star cover would you throw away?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
aka. First-World MPQ problems

I know most of you like to keep all your covers "just in case", but if you were forced to ditch one of the 3 star covers which would it be?

I ask, because I have DD in my queue and I just can't bring myself to want to expand my cover slots or ditch another character to make room for him (Bullseye (no levels), Modern Hawkeye (mid-leveled), Modern Widow (maxed) are on the chopping block).

Is DD in 14th place when you make a list of all the upper-tier characters?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    He was buffed in Oscorp Heroic and given the Devs past practices of buffing and utilizing new characters, I'd keep him if I were you.

Sell Bullseye if you really, really are adamantly against purchasing a cover slot.
  • It used to be Loki. The advent of Patch makes him far more useful. My Rag is only 2/1 and level 18, so he's near the top of those I'd chuck. Oddly, I think that Patch would be one that I will likely never level. His colors don't fit in where I need him, my BWGS has a strong green and is level 101, so I will likely never dump ISO into him.

Depending on what they do to Spidey, I may end up selling mine (only level 53 or so).

My DD only has 2 covers but I want to keep him b/c of his unique style of play.

So top 4 would right now be:
    Rags, Patch, Spidey, DD (b/c he does only have 2 covers).

But yeah, I sitll have 2 1*s and 12 2*'s that would get chucked first.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always buy one extra slot early. Maybe because of old MPQ times icon_e_smile.gif
  • Hmmmm... probably a toss-up between Loki and DD. I still get lots of utility out of Doctor Doom for chewing up high health opponents paired with stunlock (probably going to be less viable after funbalancing), and Ragnarok still has utility as a tank. If I didn't have those two villains levelled, they'd definitely be the next cuts to my roster if push came to shove.
  • jozier wrote:
    He was buffed in Oscorp Heroic and given the Devs passed practices of buffing and utilizing new characters, I'd keep him if I were you.

Sell Bullseye if you really, really are adamantly against purchasing a cover slot.

Yea, but I've done fine in this game without jumping on the latest character du jour that gets buffed.

I'm really more interested in which upper tier character people would ditch if forced to.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For me its IM40
  • If it wasn't for the new Hero LR I probably wouldn't mind ditching punisher. I dunno why. He just doesn't appeal to me.
  • I don't like DD's design much, but I wouldn't drop covers in case his red does become the PvP scarecrow some think it might. Assuming you'd want to join in that fun, anyway.

Not clear if you have to lose a 3* or those others are also options? Bullseye is eminently scrappable. I've built the guy twice without ever leveling or using him. If it has to be a 3*, probably a Speed Evil villain you've never leveled and have as few covers for as possible. Who knows once they get potential third skills, but none seems to have anything you need other than for their own LRs. Loki if you don't care about Patch much or prefer him with IM40 and someone else, otherwise I don't know.
  • turul wrote:
    For me its IM40

IM40 would be pretty high on my to go list also.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Not clear if you have to lose a 3* or those others are also options? Bullseye is eminently scrappable. .

My thinking is that if they ever run a Dark Avengers/Best Shot PVP again, Bullseye could come in handy.

Outside of him receiving the random buff in a PvE event or being a mandatory character like IW has been in a few missions, I can't ever see a point where having a DD available will come in handy.

With my ISO being so scarce, I'm never going to put ISO into him because I don't like his unpredictability. He will just languish there like my Modern Hawkeye has since day 1.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    turul wrote:
    For me its IM40

IM40 would be pretty high on my to go list also.

I like IM40 but he is a very counterproductive character. Do lots of damage but drain your AP, or gain AP but get stunned for a few turns.
  • doom, ez toss. maybe loki mainly due to his hp, i like his purple. don't care much for punisher, but i keep him for events.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    In Order:
      Rags Doom Hood Daredevil Punisher IM40 Loki Mags GSBW Hulk Spidey Patch
  • None.

If you want to compete in the "fixed" Heroic runback, you'll prolly want DD.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    You may want DD for the event this weekend.
  • The thing with Daredevil is that even when he's buffed, he's still useless. He doesn't do anything against minions and I'd probably still rather have a lv85 unbuffed Ares in terms of damage. So for me, it would be Daredevil.
  • Personally? Assuming I didn't have enough spare HP....

IM40 (I'd be starting from scratch on him.)
    Rags (I'd be starting from scratch and after the changes he's shot way down on my priority...so I'd need to be 2+ covers or he'd just be chopped off for "another time")

Everyone else I have at least 2 covers for already or would MAKE room for them.

My thing with DD. I'm not going to spend money on leveling him and I don't particularly like him on offense or pve...but I'd love to eventually have him on pvp def... I've always loved the idea of having an annoying defense team
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You may want DD for the event this weekend.

I'd rather just sit it out.

I don't want to waste ISO on him (to make him competitive with others) so the best I could possibly get is about 300-400 points. Which might be good enough for a black Doom cover, but I already have all those.

So, I'm just losing out on some ISO and a heroic pull. The ISO I can earn by grinding out SHIELD victories (and tanking my way back down).
  • Tolken wrote:
    My thing with DD. I'm not going to spend money on leveling him and I don't particularly like him on offense or pve...but I'd love to eventually have him on pvp def... I've always loved the idea of having an annoying defense team

Why would he be annoying on defense? His first two abilities don't do anything since you won't be matching environmental and a 5 turn single target stun on your support character shouldn't bother you very much. If he uses his red, you just stop matching red. I'd much rather face Daredevil's red than basically any other character's.
  • I ditched my IW once, and I regretted it ever since.

Back then I sucked (not that much better since, lol), so I had no HP for slots.