Pretty Much Done...

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Well... This morning I played my first event round since the latest "anti-fun" patch with an open mind. Maybe the changes weren't so bad? maybe I was just over-reacting?

Time to give what was an awesome game another go. So I played the best there is event against a lvl 15 OBW, lvl 20 wolv, lvl 44 Thor with my mid 30s wolv,BW and storm.

By the time I had matched 6 blues my black widow was half dead. By the time I had stunned Thor my BW was down to about 100 health so I just had to resort to tanking with Wolvie. I managed to win but BW was dead, storm and wolvie were around the 100-200 health mark.

I guess this is the way the game is now - 1 round, everyone is dead (or near enough), wait for hours before playing again. I'll give it till the next update to see if at least some of the fun has been put back in but I think i'm pretty much done with MPQ. icon_e_sad.gif

On a side note, it's nice to being playing my Vita again!

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't get it.

The only member of your team modified was wolverine, and both the Thor and wolverine you were up against were nerfed.

Or were you using 100+ ISO worth of boosts to win that fight? They were doing you a favour if they prevented that.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Where's the dislike button? Being surprised by a team significantly stronger than yours highly damaging your team is just absurd. Also, even when you do have that happen, that's what health packs are for... You regenerate up to 5 health packs, so they're a free/renewable resource.
    Hint: think of buffed characters as being about 50-75% buffed, as such, that 'mid-50s' Wolvie may have been acting like a level 50-60 character (that should make it obvious why your low-level, squishy Widow got smoked).
  • Well... This morning I played my first event round since the latest "anti-fun" patch with an open mind. Maybe the changes weren't so bad? maybe I was just over-reacting?

Time to give what was an awesome game another go. So I played the best there is event against a lvl 15 OBW, lvl 20 wolv, lvl 44 Thor with my mid 30s wolv,BW and storm.

By the time I had matched 6 blues my black widow was half dead. By the time I had stunned Thor my BW was down to about 100 health so I just had to resort to tanking with Wolvie. I managed to win but BW was dead, storm and wolvie were around the 100-200 health mark.

I guess this is the way the game is now - 1 round, everyone is dead (or near enough), wait for hours before playing again. I'll give it till the next update to see if at least some of the fun has been put back in but I think i'm pretty much done with MPQ. icon_e_sad.gif

no comments....find the error!?!
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bahamut685 wrote:
    Where's the dislike button? Being surprised by a team significantly stronger than yours highly damaging your team is just absurd. Also, even when you do have that happen, that's what health packs are for... You regenerate up to 5 health packs, so they're a free/renewable resource.
    Hint: think of buffed characters as being about 50-75% buffed, as such, that 'mid-50s' Wolvie may have been acting like a level 50-60 character (that should make it obvious why your low-level, squishy Widow got smoked).

yeah, pretty much. Besides that, this behaviour has nothing to do with the patch. Truth be told pre-nerf-Thor would have probably smoked his whole team..The only difference would have been that his wolfie would have regenerated faster (but the other two would still be dead)
  • Using Widow against buffed anything is hard work, assuming you're using her for Espionage. She matches potentially more than half the board and will die from match damage alone quite easily, or one cascade if a couple of crits go off in succession. You can try to get her matches off as secondaries and cascades, but that's about it. If I'm doing it, I reserve health packs for undeading Widow and Prologue heal anyone else. Strange reason to quit, though. Maybe you'd just had enough and were looking for a straw?
  • Eddiemon
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    Using Widow against buffed anything is hard work, assuming you're using her for Espionage. She matches potentially more than half the board and will die from match damage alone quite easily, or one cascade if a couple of crits go off in succession. You can try to get her matches off as secondaries and cascades, but that's about it. If I'm doing it, I reserve health packs for undeading Widow and Prologue heal anyone else. Strange reason to quit, though. Maybe you'd just had enough and were looking for a straw?

He didn't have OBW, he had 1* based on his stun comment. The opponent had Original
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    He didn't have OBW, he had 1* based on his stun comment. The opponent had Original
    Sorry, right you are. Wasn't paying attention and tend to forget the others exist. Including GS, tbh. I mean, she's actually good, but I never use her because no 5 green.
  • Next time, fight them on the jungle board (left dot) and use your modern storm's red to collect environmental tiles. Once you have collected enough, use the environmental power to +5 all your AP and go to work.
  • you can choose your environment to fight in?

ignore, i know what you mean, doh icon_lol.gif
  • bahamut685 wrote:

I wouldn't say the team was significantly stronger... given that 2 enemies were 10-15 levels lower than my lowest levelled character.

Anyway... previously I would use boosts and would (probably) end a match with enough health to go again and again and again. This allowed me to actually work towards progression but now it's a case of reviving/healing everyone for each match... nah it's not for me, I would rather play more rounds than 1 or 2 at a time.

I do have other higher level characters - although not by a huge amount - and it's about finding the team that works well together right? I dunno, I tried to be open minded about the changes but I guess i'll just i'll have to find another addiction. Crack anyone?!
  • Eddiemon
    Options
    To heal your characters between rounds you go to one of the free Spider-Man levels in venom prologue. Health packs are only for the dead.

Your characters are still at the point where their levels cost less than a thousand ISO. That's a better investment than boosts to win 4 or 5 matches. The boosts were holding you back.
  • I wouldn't say the team was significantly stronger... given that 2 enemies were 10-15 levels lower than my lowest levelled character.
    One of whom was the buffed character, making him at least on par with your entire team. Given that he had a full 2* team, a tanky character whose health dwarfs your entire team, and you're using a squishy 1*, you're really thinking that he wasn't significantly stronger?
    I do have other higher level characters - although not by a huge amount - and it's about finding the team that works well together right? I dunno, I tried to be open minded about the changes but I guess i'll just i'll have to find another addiction. Crack anyone?!
    Your first statement is completely correct. You need to find a team that works together, so the impetus is on you. Playing 3 squishy characters and then complaining when they get the tar beat out them? I almost want to call troll, but you seem sincere. So pick a tanky character that will tank blues for you (such as IM35 - he matches blue at 24 whereas Widow only matches at 22) and tada! Your BW is suddenly far less squishy.
  • The Spidey levels is a good shout but that just means 3 to 4 wins just to win 1 event round. I used to enjoy the grind and was quite happy with mid table results but now it's just a chore... and that's even before I can think about starting to grind for positions.

I don't want to bang on about the last patch because that's been done to death but all I know is that i'm just not finding it fun anymore.

Like I said; I will see what happens in the next update but for now I just don't find it fun.
  • Well... This morning I played my first event round since the latest "anti-fun" patch with an open mind. Maybe the changes weren't so bad? maybe I was just over-reacting?

With a team like that, you really need to start grinding the Prologue a bit to get more ISO to level your characters. You are still in the beginning of the game, and can get a lot of useful covers and ISO from the Prologue.