Marvel Puzzle Quest For PS + Xbox Officially Confirmed

Cabol
Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
After speculation and denial on the forums, the official trialer for the PS + Xbox version of MPQ has been released:

Playstation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t3qPcCdInM

Xbox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAePqVuh_Vg

Seems like there will be an online 2 player mode in it. Very intrigued.

EDIT: Updating with Xbox version as well.

Comments

• Also, that character select screen.

Everybody at 5/5/5

And up in the upper right?

icon_ironpatriot.png

Also, Cap and LazyCap and other reskinish characters are there, too.

Iiiiinteresting~
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like they can be 5/5/5, max level 300?, no sign of 4* Thor although there is one blank tile in the character select screen

Character List from Character selection screen in video
    Colossus
    Captain Marvel 3*
    Black Panther
    Sam Wilson 3*
    She-Hulk
    Iron Patriot
    GSBW
    Nick Fury
    Steve Rogers 3*
    DD
    Doom
    HT 3*
    Bullseye 2*
    Moonstone
    Cap Marvel 2*
    Hawkeye 2*
    IM40
    Rag
    Bagman
    IM35
    MBW
    Hawkeye 1*
    Storm 1*
    Devil Dino
    Storm 3*
    Spidey 3*
    Wolve 2*
    Thor 2*
    Steve Rogers 2*
    Ares
    Magneto 2*
    Juggs
    Venom
    Yelena
    Daken 2*
    HT 2*
    Psylocke
    Hood
    Storm 2*
    OBW
    Patch
    Thor 3*
    CMags
    Xforce Wolv
    Sentry
    Daken
    Beast
    IW
    Loki
    Pun
    Hulk
    Doc Ock
    Deadpool

Match damage comparison
    IM35 level 50 in mobile vs 300 in console
    27/31/24/8/7/7/3.5
    152/171/133/21/19/18/3.5 86tu
    lvl 300 15200 health

2* Cap
    55/49/43/09/10/11/3
    171/152/133/18/19/21/3 86tu
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    A screenshot on Kotaku also showed that Jugs' green and red cost 13 and 14 AP in the console version. Also, 2* Thor only has two powers in the shot, his red and his green.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Just the other day I joked that we could use a "Mortal Kombat" style character select screen....and there the damn thing is icon_lol.gif

As much as I would like the Steam version to be patched to incorporate interface improvements from Xbox/PS versions ... would be far more native that's for sure ... I wouldn't want to be severed from the mobile community!

Love you guys icon_cry.gif

Well, sorta. icon_twisted.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was actually discussed on a recent thread: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=33119&p=416569&hilit=console#p416569

IceIX stated that the game is separate from the Mobile version.

I believe the game will have all the characters upto 4hor's release. You'll see that Wolverine has his older model. My understanding is they were have all their pre-nerfed abilities, so you can destroy everyone with X-Force.

What I find intriguing besides the 5/5/5 lvl 300 builds is that Iron Patriot is clearly a character. Why can't he finally come to the mobile now? Just seems silly at this point.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    What I find intriguing besides the 5/5/5 lvl 300 builds is that Iron Patriot is clearly a character. Why can't he finally come to the mobile now? Just seems silly at this point.

Hi D3/Demiurge, perhaps the console version would be a great excuse to finally release Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn) on mobile as a tie-in/promotion?

I've been awaiting this character for SO long, as
    i) I'm a fan of the character and particularly his machiavellian machinations during the Dark Reign era
    ii) It would finish off the Dark Avengers roster of in-game characters (#OCD)
    iii) his moves that leaked months ago -- while obviously subject to change -- looked incredibly fun. I still think there'd be place in this game for a 4* version of him someday, and hope it'll happen eventually.

Thanks, all!

-M
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Can we have on PC this character select screen?
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    This was actually discussed on a recent thread: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=33119&p=416569&hilit=console#p416569

IceIX stated that the game is separate from the Mobile version.

I believe the game will have all the characters upto 4hor's release. You'll see that Wolverine has his older model. My understanding is they were have all their pre-nerfed abilities, so you can destroy everyone with X-Force.

Would be interesting to see if how the rebalancing works out ... what new stories or modes there are if any ... maybe they finally found uses for Bagman and Yelena.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    iii) his moves that leaked months ago -- while obviously subject to change -- looked incredibly fun. I still think there'd be place in this game for a 4* version of him someday, and hope it'll happen eventually.
    His moves in particular, while serviceable, are also very much an artifact of older design sensibilities. We'd definitely want to have a full re-do on him if/when we go back to ol' Normy.
  • Denial? But it was confirmed here in the forums...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, but we're in denial that it was confirmed.
  • IceIX
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Denial? But it was confirmed here in the forums...
    Hmm? Not denying that he's in the console. I'm saying that if/when we push him to mobile, we'd want to rework his abilities. Probably do bit of update on the art too.

Edit: Ahh, the OP. No, the denial was specifically that it was out "this week" a couple weeks back when MS leaked it with some random launch date. Obviously, it didn't come out then. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Is there any particular reason it's still using the old Wolverine art? I understand why you didn't keep everything up to date while this was in development, but I would've thought replacing the graphics wouldn't be that big of a hassle.
  • IceIX wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Denial? But it was confirmed here in the forums...
    Hmm? Not denying that he's in the console. I'm saying that if/when we push him to mobile, we'd want to rework his abilities. Probably do bit of update on the art too.

Edit: Ahh, the OP. No, the denial was specifically that it was out "this week" a couple weeks back when MS leaked it with some random launch date. Obviously, it didn't come out then. icon_e_smile.gif
    Haha sorry, I really threw that randomly here...

Yes, it was denied the date it was first said by the other OP but not the game itself, actually a lot of stuff was explained about the game.

Still, should have a Nintendo version as theirs (both 3ds and Wii u) should work better to swap tiles.
  • IceIX
    Is there any particular reason it's still using the old Wolverine art? I understand why you didn't keep everything up to date while this was in development, but I would've thought replacing the graphics wouldn't be that big of a hassle.
    The changeover was more than just a paintover graphics update. The animations also changed a bit which requires client changes. Hence, not in the console version.
  • Hi D3/Demiurge, perhaps the console version would be a great excuse to finally release Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn) on mobile as a tie-in/promotion?

I've been awaiting this character for SO long, as
    i) I'm a fan of the character and particularly his machiavellian machinations during the Dark Reign era
    ii) It would finish off the Dark Avengers roster of in-game characters (#OCD)

Thanks, all!

-M

Pssst. I missed it when it was leaked.

What WERE the leaked moves for Iron Patriot?

I mean, just out of curiosity and whatnot.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Will we be able to upload our roster we've worked 2 years on?
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    Will we be able to upload our roster we've worked 2 years on?

It's pretty much an entirely different game, so no.

However, since it's not F2P, you'll probably get your roster and more in under 50 hours, much less the 500 it takes to build the F2P one.
  • I will kick the tires on it, but not spending any money in this one, if that's even an option.
This discussion has been closed.