A dislike of the current pvp system!

g0dai
g0dai Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Kudos, D3!!

Kudos for finally succeeding, in a game with such complicated mechanics, a game in which your developers have made a PVP system where only those in elite alliances that participate in elaborate shield gymanstics have any hope of breaking 1000 points, in a game system where your combat AI to this day cheerfully matches a countdown tile it has just placed on the board by firing an expensive power, my congrats to you for somehow prioritizing the code needed to have She-Hulk always drain a player's fullest AP color with Furious Charge - a power that rarely works when players attempt to fire it themselves.

I have to give you credit for showcasing the efforts of your dev team on this latest campaign to make this game as unenjoyable as possible. I couldn't have been more frustrated today while I played! Well done! It was exactly the emotion I was shooting for on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I also admire how you knocked my PVP score down repeatedly after each round - just enough to keep it slowly declining - and only gave me the same five players to choose from as I paid my 10 AP like a fool over and over again, looking for fresh opponents!

I'm sure you'll bring me back around just in time for the anniversary celebration, so that I may be tempted to spend real money just to get pissed off all over again! (PS: the two-star I pulled from the free taco token wasn't enough! Try harder!)

Sincerely, g0dai, who has been playing for almost all of your two years.

Mod Edit: Changed thread name to accurately reflect content

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    3ff.jpg
  • timbopp
    timbopp Posts: 88
    I have been free-to-playing for a year (compared to your almost 2 years) and I have passed 1000 points in pvp each event consecutively for the past several seasons without the assistance of my alliance. Sure, sometimes I may need to put down a cheap 75hp 3hr shield to do it but I'd hardly call that "elaborate shield gymnastics".

As for She-Hulk's Furious Charge, sometimes it does drain my fullest AP colour, sometimes it doesn't. Same goes for when I use it. I'm sure the times it doesn't work how you'd like it to are just more vivid in your memory.

I will concede that paying to skip over and over but only cycling through the same 5 opponents is annoying. I do wish they'd fix that but it won't ruin my enjoyment of the game if they don't.

I'm sorry you only got a 2* off the FREE taco token. I know that it was FREE token that they didn't have to give to us but did so because it was National Taco Day and hey wouldn't it be a nice fun gesture to do so, but still, they should try harder. Maybe I just see it as a fun bonus because it wasn't Taco Day in my country but I'll happily take the 5 health pack I got from it, as I'm sure those lucky enough to get a 4* from theirs will too.

You've been playing this game for almost 2 years, there has to be things you do enjoy about it. May I suggest you focus some more on them
  • You got the free taco already? I kept getting the popup and completed the DDQ, but didn't get an extra taco. My stockpile is always an even number and I would expect it to increase to an odd number. I was just thinking that the free taco will be given after today once they tally the DDQ.

Dude, I have to shield 3 or 4 times and sometimes I can hit 1000 and sometimes not. It's a bummer to not hit. Once I took on a 70 point target and wasn't going to make it. So I did a Super Whale. Have your alliance send you DP 3* Team Ups so you can use a Super Whale in dire need. It's only the second Super Whale I've ever used in the game (close to a year). The first one was just a test. And I didn't have to resort to one in Gauntlet. But I'm starting to think I should use them more in the final stretch of PvP for 1000 goals.
  • You got the free taco already? I kept getting the popup and completed the DDQ, but didn't get an extra taco. My stockpile is always an even number and I would expect it to increase to an odd number. I was just thinking that the free taco will be given after today once they tally the DDQ.

Dude, I have to shield 3 or 4 times and sometimes I can hit 1000 and sometimes not. It's a bummer to not hit. Once I took on a 70 point target and wasn't going to make it. So I did a Super Whale. Have your alliance send you DP 3* Team Ups so you can use a Super Whale in dire need. It's only the second Super Whale I've ever used in the game (close to a year). The first one was just a test. And I didn't have to resort to one in Gauntlet. But I'm starting to think I should use them more in the final stretch of PvP for 1000 goals.

May I suggest using 3-4 shields to 1000 only for toons which will enable you to be able to hit 1000 with 1-2 shields in the future? When I say "toons" I am, of course, referring to Hulkbuster. Once HB and Fist is up and running smoothly, you don't even need 1 shield to hit 1000. Trust me.

You will save a ton of hp this way, and it can be channeled into other areas such as buying roster slots or (my personal favourite,) playing the slot machine that are daily discount tokens. I still have fond memories of the old slot machine. * reminiscing mode on*
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    You got the free taco already? I kept getting the popup and completed the DDQ, but didn't get an extra taco. My stockpile is always an even number and I would expect it to increase to an odd number. I was just thinking that the free taco will be given after today once they tally the DDQ.

May I suggest using 3-4 shields to 1000 only for toons which will enable you to be able to hit 1000 with 1-2 shields in the future? When I say "toons" I am, of course, referring to Hulkbuster. Once HB and Fist is up and running smoothly, you don't even need 1 shield to hit 1000. Trust me.

You will save a ton of hp this way, and it can be channeled into other areas such as buying roster slots or (my personal favourite,) playing the slot machine that are daily discount tokens. I still have fond memories of the old slot machine. * reminiscing mode on*
    Seconded. I have little issue hitting 1000 with the weekly boosted threestars. It's only when I want to go for 1300 that I break out the ol' Fistbuster.
    I think the important thing to realize is that losing points is not necessarily a bad thing - as long as you are under 1000 points, the opponent gains more points than you lose, so you actually contribute more points to the pool. Moreover, an opponent that hits you on their way up the scoreboards may be worth a lot of points if you wait a while to retaliate.
    Tl;dr version - don't shield too much. Try to find your equilibrium point (where not too many attacks come in and you can regain lost points with little difficulty) and hang out there until you are ready to make a rush up the score board and start the shielding.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_bias

I'll just leave this here for you. It'll help you out in game specifically and life generally.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Oh, the humanity and melodrama!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    sc0ville wrote:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_bias

I'll just leave this here for you. It'll help you out in game specifically and life generally.
    It sure seems like you post this link a lot. I keep noticing it.
  • g0dai wrote:
    Kudos, D3!!

Kudos for finally succeeding, in a game with such complicated mechanics, a game in which your developers have made a PVP system where only those in elite alliances that participate in elaborate shield gymanstics have any hope of breaking 1000 points, in a game system where your combat AI to this day cheerfully matches a countdown tile it has just placed on the board by firing an expensive power, my congrats to you for somehow prioritizing the code needed to have She-Hulk always drain a player's fullest AP color with Furious Charge - a power that rarely works when players attempt to fire it themselves.

I have to give you credit for showcasing the efforts of your dev team on this latest campaign to make this game as unenjoyable as possible. I couldn't have been more frustrated today while I played! Well done! It was exactly the emotion I was shooting for on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I also admire how you knocked my PVP score down repeatedly after each round - just enough to keep it slowly declining - and only gave me the same five players to choose from as I paid my 10 AP like a fool over and over again, looking for fresh opponents!

I'm sure you'll bring me back around just in time for the anniversary celebration, so that I may be tempted to spend real money just to get pissed off all over again! (PS: the two-star I pulled from the free taco token wasn't enough! Try harder!)

Sincerely, g0dai, who has been playing for almost all of your two years.

Mod Edit: Changed thread name to accurately reflect content

Don't you like paying ISO over and over to be given the choice of an opponent you passed by 1 choice ago?

Don't you like the fact some 4* team can come in at the end and **** you for 60 points and if you are foolish enough to retaliate against them, it would be for the hope of winning the 2 points your defeat of them would be worth?

Then this is not the PvP game for you. This PvP is designed to let you languish at the 300 point level unless you drop serious loot on HP.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    From my comments in another thread
    mgallop wrote:
    Theory about furious charge. It only hits colors that aren't at zero. So humans, who collect in one-two colors, and fire powers asap often lose both of their top colors. AI which plays like a drunken idiot usually has at least 1 in each color, so furious charge kinda sucks. In addition, in high end pvp, it's a random ability that doesn't speed up the battle... So Shulk is a beast on D, or with hood/Loki to clear out minor covers, but she's pretty meh on offense, so, sigh...

The last PvP was awful... On the other hand, I think PvP in general is quite fun, and I say this as someone who's been playing for under 200 days, has spent maybe 50 total on the game (for roster slots) and bought 1 total cover w/ HP.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Don't you like paying ISO over and over to be given the choice of an opponent you passed by 1 choice ago?

Don't you like the fact some 4* team can come in at the end and tinykitty you for 60 points and if you are foolish enough to retaliate against them, it would be for the hope of winning the 2 points your defeat of them would be worth?

Then this is not the PvP game for you. This PvP is designed to let you languish at the 300 point level unless you drop serious loot on HP.

So not true. At the high end meta you can start selling your body so that you can climb to 1k untouched.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    69025.jpg

still waiting for my chesse. People offer it but i never get it icon_e_smile.gif
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    i don't like getting hit multiple times for 100-200 points by 20 ppl in an instant erasing all progress i put in this game for the last hour evaporate in an instant. so i stop playing it and this game, and move to ones that stress me out less. this game has been a roller coster, but the lows were alot harsher and the highs were not so high. good luck if you continue to play. nice vent, now get back out there and and battle that rng until it submits to your will.