Best team for defense

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
What do you all think is the best team for defense that will deter and repel attacks?

Comments

• No such team. The best defence is a fast offence and shield.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The most annoying team for me would probably be something like max level mag/spidey/hulk. Magneto and spider-man slow the game down with their protect tiles. Magneto can be dangerous too with his cascades and his purple doing potentially boatloads of damage. Also if you ignore spider-man too much he can be really annoying with his stun. And if get past both of them you still have to deal with nearly 10k hp worth of angry tiles. I think I would skip that team unless it was worth a lot of points.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think mag spidey hood would be worse, only because you can't even deny them red/blue. If you can beat down mag/spidey then hulk isn't bringing anything scary to the table on defence.
  • As a general rule you want characters with either large health pools, or with abilities that the CPU will use effectively when playing, for example 3* Magneto and 3* Widow are both powerhouses when controlled by a player, but very ordinary when in the CPUs hand. I find the punisher to be an excellent defense character, the CPU can't really go wrong with any of his abilities, Patch Wolverine and Daredevil are also good choices, as well as Hulk and Spiderman which have been mentioned above.
  • There are two type of defense characters:

1. Characters that are intimidating but not necessarily hard to defeat.
    2. Characters that are not intimidating but can actually win fights.

Category 1 would be like Hulk and IM40.
    Category 2 would be like The Hood and Modern Storm.

Depending on what kind of your roster you'll have to decide what team you can field.

Character like Punisher and Patch is sort of like half/half. They're not the most intimidating characters out there, nor are they the characters most likely to win you a game on defense, but they can do a bit of both.
  • For what it's worth, I almost always skip passive spammers like Bullseye and Daken. It's just way too annoying to fight them compared to skipping into a match with a nice squishy OBW instead.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You have to be careful with OBW, though. I've neglected to pay attention to how much purple she had available a couple of times and what should have been a straightforward win turned into a very annoying defeat.
  • Yeah. I run oBW right now, so the difference between me getting the first Aggressive Recon and the opponent getting the first Aggressive Recon is the difference between 100% win rate and 50% win rate. Thankfully, the AI doesn't realize how important purple matches are and I built my oBW 3/5/4 so I rarely lose the purple battle.
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    I really, really hate having to fight Daken, and Hulk is a pain in the neck too. Thor, Wolverine (Amazing), Black Widow (Original), and Storm (Classic) never deter me, although they're very effective when a human uses them against the AI...