Which powers does Fastball Special NOT work with?

GuntherBlobel
GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I know there are commonly issues with this power and I can never keep up with the updates. I could be very unlucky, but Twin Pistols hasn't proc'd from Fastball special for me yet in Real Steel (n of around 10)

Anyone know if there are still bugs associated with Fastball?

Comments

• What I don't get about this power is when the other team uses it as a team up it says airborne 3 turns yet they come down the next turn when there's only 1 player left. They should be forced to wait all 3 turns. It's a glitch and its not fair.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I don't think FBS works with moves that have to be targetted, or end the turn instantly.

But I'm not 100% on that.
  • Targeting is not an issue. I've used Fastball with GSBW and have had all 3 of her powers activate (all require targeting). The nice thing about GSBW with Colossus is that since her powers are so expensive, you come out ahead.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    seth_is_OK wrote:
    Targeting is not an issue. I've used Fastball with GSBW and have had all 3 of her powers activate (all require targeting). The nice thing about GSBW with Colossus is that since her powers are so expensive, you come out ahead.

Thats weird because I've launched a GSBW (who was 1/1/1 at the time) and never EVER got anything that wasn't her spooders.
    Luck of the draw be damned.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    To answer the OP's question passive powers do not work with fastball special. Everything else should work with FS. I just want to know why you are throwing Hood. He takes damage from being thrown and even buffed he has low health. Also while in the air he is not stealing AP. You would be better off throwing Squirel Girl and hope you don't fire her yellow. Kamala Khan is also a great person to throw because both her powers are really good
  • If you spawn IM40's yellow and then throw him to time it when he's going to be stunned, he will actually get stunned and not execute any move from Fastball. I was hoping it would skip the stun and be a sweet double maneuver. Sadly, no.
    I think Daken can die in the air without enough blue. I forget if Patch/Daken process their heal before or after Fastball lands.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:
    To answer the OP's question passive powers do not work with fastball special. Everything else should work with FS. I just want to know why you are throwing Hood. He takes damage from being thrown and even buffed he has low health. Also while in the air he is not stealing AP. You would be better off throwing Squirel Girl and hope you don't fire her yellow. Kamala Khan is also a great person to throw because both her powers are really good
    Hood just happens to be on the team because Colossus will keep him alive. And you want to toss somebody, right? Preferably, somebody with an expensive or killer non-black power. Twin Pitols fits that bill.

Self damage isn't as issue really. Hood takes 244 damage, but hits for 2444. That's neglibable in my book, especially when buffed. But yeah, since I haven't triggered TP yet, I'm tossing SG, instead. The odds of getting something useful is better and I love getting the "Nuts from Above" animation after a toss. Worth it!
  • I don't think that is necesarilly true. My go to team with colossus is Loki and 2* hawkeye. I'm aware that passives don't work, but it doesn't allow me to choose Hawkeye at all. Is it because his two moves are countdown?
  • Hm, not sure. I had the situation that the enemy team got Storm 2* on airtime, she got down with her blue, and after that she made it TWICE TIMES again.

icon_eek.gif

Didn't check if the enemy team had that 22 blue AP really, but it seemed not like that. 3 rounds airtime, how could the team collect 22 AP blue within that... didn't see that they did this. No stealing, no 4 or 5 tile matching.

Spooky. icon_e_confused.gif
  • One weird synergy I've found is that If you have KK and Colossus on a team and you throw the third member, it activates KK's Passive twice- once for Colossus casting FBS and once for whatever ability the third character casts.