Wow my first time at 2000 points in Shield Sim!

I know for some folks its not that big of deal but for me it's a great confidence booster. First my highest characters are only at level 142 (I have Cyclops and Kamala both at 5/3/5) so I had to do a LOT of back and forth to just get to 1700. It was tough because I could only find matches that were worth in the mid 40s for most of the season. I also used up my boosts. I also depleted a lot of HP for shields. I used 3x 24hr shields and 2x 3hr shields. In the end I think it was worth it for a Green Jean Grey. 1050HP + some iso for skips vs 2500HP outright.

I also apologize if I messed up your run in the Shield Sim but feel free to get some revenge since I'm unshielded. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I hope I can do better and be more efficient in future seasons. Thanks to the folks that post advice on the forum especially on what teams to use, characters to level etc.

Is this struggle normal for 3 star transitioners?

Comments

• M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Back about two or three seasons ago (whichever had PX purple as a top prize), I played the SHIELD Sim seriously for the first time. 2000 always seemed ridiculously out of my reach. Somehow that season I got up to ~1950 and almost wet myself...but instead of shielding or burning health packs I just waited and kind of forgot about it. About 5 hours later I was back under 1600 and never got that cover. Still one of my biggest regrets in game.

After that I started playing that Sim with more purpose and I haven't missed a top prize yet. I manage to get to 2000 within a couple days, and I've never shielded or boosted there. Of course, I do have about a dozen or so covered and maxed 3*s, so it helps.

Congrats on the Green Jean, and good luck in future Sims!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats! It is always fun to reach a milestone. Hopefully you can keep this one up each season!
  • good job! Hopefully the first of many more for you.

Tried my first sim this season aswell, got to 1600+, only to drop down to 1500- a few hours later, better luck next season icon_razz.gif
  • I've been playing for awhile, but I've never gone for the last SHIELD Sim reward. However, I was getting close to the Season 7500 Legendary Token so I pushed myself. I achieved the SHIELD Sim and season progression reward at the same time! That was a good feeling. I've lost almost 500 points since then, but I don't care anymore. I've got my first Jean Grey and (waiting for release of 2nd 5*) another 4* or better. To top it off, I just got my 4th X-Force black from 1000 progression in Trial by Combat. Good day.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice work =)
    I don't find it *simple* per se, but I find it more straightforward than most short PvPs. This one was a bit trickier since the time was shorter, but usually 10-5 days to go is the sweet spot. Not many people are fighting, but the true warriors have started reaching 2000. I try to do 100-200 here and there up to that last week and just look and see how my bracket's doing. If most, if not all, of the top 10 have hit 2000 then I go for it. I've managed it pretty much every time. It's only when you leave it for the last few days you make it harder for yourself.

When I hit 2000, I don't shield. I just let people feed off me. Yeah it can screw up my overall total, but the last few days are always good for getting some missing points back and hitting that Legendary Token target =)
  • mpqstooge wrote:
    I know for some folks its not that big of deal but for me it's a great confidence booster. First my highest characters are only at level 142 (I have Cyclops and Kamala both at 5/3/5) so I had to do a LOT of back and forth to just get to 1700. It was tough because I could only find matches that were worth in the mid 40s for most of the season. I also used up my boosts. I also depleted a lot of HP for shields. I used 3x 24hr shields and 2x 3hr shields. In the end I think it was worth it for a Green Jean Grey. 1050HP + some iso for skips vs 2500HP outright.

I also apologize if I messed up your run in the Shield Sim but feel free to get some revenge since I'm unshielded. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I hope I can do better and be more efficient in future seasons. Thanks to the folks that post advice on the forum especially on what teams to use, characters to level etc.

Is this struggle normal for 3 star transitioners?

I only started playing shield sim when they started giving the 4* as a reward and didn't find it too difficult to do... I usually take a whole day off everything else to focus on the 2000 points. I have about 4 3* teams so I alternate between those and go until I use up my health packs, wait, go again, until I make the points.

This last round of the simulator sucked for me though, I kept losing and getting attacked, but I made it this morning! Haha. It was all the IF/LC teams that kept popping up and getting me down to like 20% health each battle, I almost threw my phone at the wall lol.

Keep building your characters though! It'll only get easier the more options you have (and if you don't get all the IF/LC teams). And congrats!