Heroic token upgrade?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Heroics supposed to get a 4* rate boost with this update? Can't remember exactly where I heard it, but maybe the last video update?

Or is it just because anniversary week hasn't started yet? Maybe I'm crazy, or just crazy hopeful.

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    They did get a boost. 1/10th of 1% extra chance per draw for 4*s. Enjoy that! icon_lol.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    They did get boosted. By about 50% relative to what they were. But these changes are just barely keeping up with the 4* introduction rate. They are mostly just keeping the chance of pulling any given 4* at about .5%, even as the total number of 4*s increases.

Just what you wanted to hear right?
  • tanis3303 wrote:
    They did get a boost. 1/10th of 1% extra chance per draw for 4*s.
    You sure? Pretty sure they were already 0.3% each. Or is it just that there's more of them now? Which would be...a disappointing way to increase the odds.
  • Magisse wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:
    They did get a boost. 1/10th of 1% extra chance per draw for 4*s.
    You sure? Pretty sure they were already 0.3% each. Or is it just that there's more of them now? Which would be...a disappointing way to increase the odds.

Yeah, the odds pool is more "4*s = X%, 3*=Y%, 2*=Z%" and they just divide that pool by the # of characters in that tier.

I remember back before the current 4* flood, and during the last 3* flood, when the only 4*s were Wolverine, Invisible Woman, and Nick Fury, that the odds of pulling a XForce Wolverine were actually greater then the odds of pulling a Hood, or any other specific 3*.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    wants a 99.9% draw rate icon_e_smile.gif
  • Anniversary hasn't started yet, even if you have the R85 update early (ios users).

The last update to rates was with 4* going from 0.2% to 0.3%, which in addition to adding new 4*, is in fact an increase.

If there is to be another one (which even just introducing Creepsicle to the packs will do), it might be a daily push once the anniversary stuff goes live.
  • j12601 wrote:
    Anniversary hasn't started yet, even if you have the R85 update early (ios users).

The last update to rates was with 4* going from 0.2% to 0.3%, which in addition to adding new 4*, is in fact an increase.

If there is to be another one (which even just introducing Creepsicle to the packs will do), it might be a daily push once the anniversary stuff goes live.

Adding Iceman to the Heroics won't increase the odds of getting a 4*. It'll just make it slightly harder to get one specific 4*, as they all draw from the same rough % pool.

As mentioned: It used to be easier to draw X-force Wolverine then Wolverine (Patch) because there were so few 4*s and so many 3*s, and they drew from the same star.png Rarity pool.