Clan

Options
Hello,

Sorry if a similar topic exists, I did not find any.

I'd like to know if a "clan" mode is scheduled to happen any time soon. A tournament where your individual matchs counts for your team global ranking (similar to Judo's or Tennis for instance) would be really really cool!

Thanks for reading

gahu

Comments

• radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No replies yet?

It's an interesting idea, but difficult to implement. Do you have to pick your clan? Casual gamers would balk, and I'm pretty sure the forum warriors would band together and slaughter the masses.

In a way, each individual bracket is its own "clan," with rubberbanding implemented to help the "clans" "fight" one another. So if you implemented a true clan system, it'd have to be random like the brackets. To an extent it's a fun idea, but it's just hard to execute.
  • Well, the game is pretty popular among the 1st french videogame forum (canardpc.com), we discuss the game a lot, and I'm pretty sure we would have a blast playing together against other team icon_e_biggrin.gif

To be honest I have no idea whether it'd be difficult to implement, I just feel it'd be an amazing addition. Actually in my opinion MPQ is a bit lacking on this front: we do not talk to each other in game, we always end up in random bracket, with anonymous player. From time to time I recognize a name from the forum, but that's it. We always play for ourselves, but as the multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 taught me, some cooperation mode add to the fun.

Now wouldn't it be cool to organize some team (via the forum for instance), and compete with each other, comment and taunt on each other performance? icon_twisted.gif

Or even organize some world tournament? French vs Brits for instance would be really funny icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Again I have no background in videogame whatsoever, no idea on the feasibility.
  • arf, looks like no one gives a damn except Radiopy and I icon_cry.gif
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Radiopy said everything that needs to be said about it really. If given the choice of clans, there are certain groups who would dominate. It would really only further help those individuals who already are enjoying the game a lot, at the expense of those who may not be enjoying it as much. Would a clan of high level players accept a noob? Random would be the only way to do it, and at that point, it doesn't seem like it has as much of the impact you are driving towards.
  • Thanks for the reply Pwuz. I think I misunderstood Radiopy. What I had in mind was a very limited thing, space-wise, like maybe 7 or 8 people (at most), to promote cooperative "gameplay". To play with buddies, basically. Anyway, let's see, it may happen one day.
  • not having a clan was one of the attractions of this game to me. In most other games where clans exist it furthers the gap between top players and other, you *have* to be in a clan to be competitive and if events are on any schedule it can quickly become work rather than fun. ive been in my share and led many winning clans, its a welcome change not to see them here
  • Alright, I desist! icon_lol.gif
  • Ahah, thanks Devs!