She-Hulk .... So Annoying

LXSandman
LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I forgot how annoying it was to fight against her. Her constant spam of furious charge always seems to hit the colours you want.

Of course it's not like it's hard... it just makes the games more aggravating! I'm going to give up on this PVP just out of frustration lol.

Comments

• yeah, definitely obnoxious. Also some confirmation bias. I used her recently in pve, saving up 12 green 'just in case' the ai Venom got to 12 black, since he was getting close. I'd only cast her green a few turns before so there were some colors with 0 already... double cast left the ai with exactly 12 black and I ended up eating a devour anyway.

Most of the time I do ok if I deny green, but I can't count the number of times it drops in for her for free, and then they next turn after I get enough to cast an ability it perfectly nukes that color. >.<

She's a toon I keep wishing I'd max'd everytime she's featured or buffed.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    LXSandman wrote:
    I forgot how annoying it was to fight against her. Her constant spam of furious charge always* seems to hit the colours you want.

Of course it's not like it's hard... it just makes the games more aggravating! I'm going to give up on this PVP just out of frustration lol.

*Except when you are the one using her ability. If so, she'll always hit the TU AP poolor the pools with 1-2 AP with uncanny precision.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    She-Hulk PVP is a mess. boosted blade and hood.. ap steals back and forth.. stealing strike and attack tiles back and forth.. ap destroying.

I am still going for my 1k.. but sorta dreading it lol.
  • She is extremely annoying to fight in pvp thats for sure. Furious Charge always wrecks my plans lol. I have her at 12/13 covers now thankfully so ill be using her quite a bit.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    She-Hulk PVP is a mess. boosted blade and hood.. ap steals back and forth.. stealing strike and attack tiles back and forth.. ap destroying.

1k, for an xf cover I don't need... in this event...

Just the short climb to float at 400 was fairly infuriating. 3 health packs against matches that should have been easy by character levels... many times. I can't even imagine against the 4* wall when I crest 800. Then again, might be easier if I exclusively search teams not using hood? Blade/Hood is just having a lot harder time than I expected just due to the propensity for the AI to get massive amounts of blue even when i'm trying to deny it. Makes me wish I had the iso to max SG, cause hood/shulkie/sg was pretty messy everytime I've fought it.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's fun only taking match damage when you run SHulk/Blade/Hood.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    I've taken down two level 350 Icemen with this team. Enough AP denial, and Bobby fights like a kitten. I was a little worried at one point when my Furious Charge missed his blue, but She-Hulk used it on Settlement instead.
  • Daiches wrote:

I was thinking this was how things would go for the team, but its been quite the opposite so far. Cascades in the AI favor are the natural enemy of ap denial. I'm hoping my later climbs go just a bit more smooth...
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Daiches wrote:
    I've taken down two level 350 Icemen with this team. Enough AP denial, and Bobby fights like a kitten. I was a little worried at one point when my Furious Charge missed his blue, but She-Hulk used it on Settlement instead.

I've also had to take down an Iceman, and will have to do so at least 1 more time.

For some reason I'm trapped at 920 with my skips giving me:

A) 20 point nodes of maxed 3s
    B) 4 to 8 point nodes of low level 2s (which I really shouldn't be able to see). Though I saw a 4 point max Blade/Hood as well.
    C) maxed Iceman/Hoods (takes a couple 100 ISO to find those even when I can see them unshielded in the rankings.)
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Daiches wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Daiches wrote:

I've also had to take down an Iceman, and will have to do so at least 1 more time.

For some reason I'm trapped at 920 with my skips giving me:

A) 20 point nodes of maxed 3s
    B) 4 to 8 point nodes of low level 2s (which I really shouldn't be able to see). Though I saw a 4 point max Blade/Hood as well.
    C) maxed Iceman/Hoods (takes a couple 100 ISO to find those even when I can see them unshielded in the rankings.)

Weird. I wonder if that's because fewer people are doing this PVP as "casual" - meaning that they just go up as high as they can without shielding. That's certainly where I'm at. I went up only to get the season reward (~500ish) and I'm not climbing any higher because of how annoying it is to fight a 240 She-Hulk.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

1k, for an xf cover I don't need... in this event... .

ugh, my XFW is 5/3/2..i do need the cover, and badly.. much to my chagrin, i trudge on.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

Makes me wish I had the iso to max SG, cause hood/shulkie/sg was pretty messy everytime I've fought it.

Thought about the same but realised that means you're dropping either

- Hood, No AP steal so you'll probably not make it that far to 9AP in any colour.. With the steal on top of Furious charge and Nightstalker
    - drop Blade, by that time you're probably dead as the opposition Blade has filled the screen with Strike tiles and dropped that 2k + Attack tile you been trying to deny...

icon_cry.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    And yet rarely used. Even when she's buffed there are usually two better options that folks would prefer to use.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    And yet rarely used. Even when she's buffed there are usually two better options that folks would prefer to use.

I dunno, man, She-hulk/Loki/Hood took me to 2000 in shield sim. That team is tons of fun.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I look forward to the times she's buffed. Especially if the other buffed characters don't use green.
    She's evil on defense. This PvP is AP steal central. It's actually kinda fun to use Squirrelgirl against Blade. 586 damage for every special tile on the board plus 2629 damage on top. That's a max of 7317 at level 129 boosted to 183. Only down side is leaving her as defense means fewer furious charges, so I sub her out for Hood again.
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I cant remember how many times She-Hulk clears my red AP when my DPX needs to activate OoB to heal himself. icon_e_confused.gif Just like she knows exactly what im going to do next.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy using She Hulk in pvp, whether buffed or not. Have a few teams she works well in that I mix around.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    she-hulk is my main character to play in long term (more than 100 days)
    i can confirm that:
    whenever i use her, her furious charge has low chance of clearing opponent strong colors or the ones they accumulate to fire the powers
    whenever i am against a team with she-hulk, she has very high chance to take away your favourite colors which looks like a cheat to me.
    it works just like when u are against loki, u get a board of many match4 and match5, like he is taunting u to match them. the other way around, if u have loki to play, u barely see match4 or match5.
    Like it or not, it is SO ANNOYING!!!!
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Theory about furious charge. It only hits colors that aren't at zero. So humans, who collect in one-two colors, and fire powers asap often lose both of their top colors. AI which plays like a drunken idiot usually has at least 1 in each color, so furious charge kinda sucks. In addition, in high end pvp, it's a random ability that doesn't speed up the battle... So Shulk is a beast on D, or with hood/Loki to clear out minor covers, but she's pretty meh on offense, so, sigh...
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    mgallop wrote:
    Theory about furious charge. It only hits colors that aren't at zero. So humans, who collect in one-two colors, and fire powers asap often lose both of their top colors. AI which plays like a drunken idiot usually has at least 1 in each color, so furious charge kinda sucks. In addition, in high end pvp, it's a random ability that doesn't speed up the battle... So Shulk is a beast on D, or with hood/Loki to clear out minor covers, but she's pretty meh on offense, so, sigh...

Good theory. Also, that means that having hood around to steal 1 in a bunch of colors helps to offset it.

Suggestion to rename the ability: "Makes Me Furious Charge"