R85 on iOS out early

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The R85 update for iOS has gone out early. Updates for the Google Play and Steam versions are currently scheduled to be released on Monday, October 5th.

If you choose to update, players who download R85 will not be able to access the upcoming anniversary events or gain access to any gifts in advance of players currently on R83. All applicable patch notes posted in the forums at current will take effect though, so keep that in mind in deciding whether to manually update or not. We do not anticipate any changed features providing any advantages or marked disadvantages to users on different versions.

All anniversary content will be released as scheduled on October 8th, with no other schedule changes planned.

Thanks for playing, as always, and we really look forward to celebrating our birthday with you all!

Comments

• Woohoo I knew my iPhone came in handy. (nah, not really). At least I don't have to worry about it now.
  • My iPhone automatically downloaded the R85 update... So does this mean I'm screwed? How do I get R83 back?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    My iPhone automatically downloaded the R85 update... So does this mean I'm screwed? How do I get R83 back?
    You're absolutely fine. The software update just came a bit earlier than expected. Nothing to worry about.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing to worry about? The first post said you will not be able to access the anniversary event!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Pongie wrote:
    Nothing to worry about? The first post said you will not be able to access the anniversary event!

I read that too and was about to rabble up the forum. Then I read it again.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    The R85 update for iOS has gone out early. Updates for the Google Play and Steam versions are currently scheduled to be released on Monday, October 5th.

If you choose to update, players who download R85 will not be able to access the upcoming anniversary events or gain access to any gifts in advance of players currently on R83. All applicable patch notes posted in the forums at current will take effect though, so keep that in mind in deciding whether to manually update or not. We do not anticipate any changed features providing any advantages or marked disadvantages to users on different versions.

All anniversary content will be released as scheduled on October 8th, with no other schedule changes planned.

Thanks for playing, as always, and we really look forward to celebrating our birthday with you all!

i think my little cheap flip phone is a iphone and wants to play the game..something downloaded to it overnight LOL says download complete.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    For what it's worth, I noticed NO difference in play wi Bullseye.

And the people rejoiced.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    I did the update. Am I the only one who finds the game play much smoother and quick. The tile matches seem to match faster and the animation from when someone does a shot seems to be sped up too.
  • I did the update. Am I the only one who finds the game play much smoother and quick. The tile matches seem to match faster and the animation from when someone does a shot seems to be sped up too.

+1. Seems a lot smoother and no lag like previously. Very nice.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    While playing with black widow I had a critical tile fall then activate instead of activating mid-air like they did before. Has that bug been corrected or did I saw things ?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lee T wrote:
    While playing with black widow I had a critical tile fall then activate instead of activating mid-air like they did before. Has that bug been corrected or did I saw things ?

That may be the oldest "feature/bug" in the game!
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Live on Android as well.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Updating now. thanks JoJe for letting us know the android one was rdy!