Prof X boost week cut short 2nd time in a row

Slarow
Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The final pvp of last season was the start of Prof X's most recent boost "week", and therefore he only got a single boosted pvp instead of 3 (since the boosted chars are different in the two off-season pvp's). The exact same thing is happening this season. He will be boosted for She-Hulk's PVP, and not for the two off-season pvp's, and then on to other 4* boosted chars for the beginning of the new season.

While we are discussing Prof X, His blue generates AP in "his team's strongest color", but Prof X's strongest color is blue, which is a passive ability for him. This means you have to either underlevel him, outlevel him with another 4*, or have a 3* team member that needs blue AP (very few good choices). Why doesn't he have his active ability (purple) as his strongest color, that way he can actually use the generated AP when he is the strongest team member?

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    We don't set events around the weekly buff list, so it's quite possible that characters will be cut off. Just bad luck for Xavier in particular.

As for the strongest color, you can always place Professor X in the second or third slot with someone in front of him with equal or greater color strengths so they take over strongest color, assuming he's not buffed. If he's buffed, really only one other character right now would qualify. Or you can use someone like Iceman or Hulkbuster that will take advantage of that Blue as it's generated since Professor X won't be using it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    you might have meant hb instead of jean there.

they say its random, but thor and fist always seem to only get boosted on off-weeks. this time thor is for anniversary week. again, out of season. I know random can create things like that but boosted fist and thor are crazy good. of course we just had boosted Cyclops, which helped me to 1300 twice, so I can't complain.

edit: blue can be very useful, but not with the popular witch/gsbw grouping. 4thor, fury, iceman, 3cap, mags, or depending on level, cstorm, or if you put a weird team together, mbw even. think I pulled out all the major blue abilities in the game for that lol.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    TxMoose wrote:
    you might have meant hb instead of jean there.

they say its random, but thor and fist always seem to only get boosted on off-weeks. this time thor is for anniversary week. again, out of season. I know random can create things like that but boosted fist and thor are crazy good. of course we just had boosted Cyclops, which helped me to 1300 twice, so I can't complain.
    Indeed I did. I wrote Jean because of a conversation we're having right this second in the office about rainbow teams with the new 5*. Slipped. Fixed!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    TxMoose wrote:
    edit: blue can be very useful, but not with the popular witch/gsbw grouping. 4thor, fury, iceman, 3cap, mags, or depending on level, cstorm, or if you put a weird team together, mbw even. think I pulled out all the major blue abilities in the game for that lol.

You forgot surfer. icon_e_smile.gif
    edit: and fury.
  • Then again, people who use PX only on PvE (the majority I think) do not level him up to 270. Not even past 170 actually, as the 'magic number' for when he's buffed and GSBW or SW can still tank as purple for strongest color.

And cant Antman on center position also make PX generate purple for GSBW?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    +1 on dissapointment about ProfX no-full-week treatment. D3 should do Profx's pvp after anniversary to compensate.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    You're saying that Professor X's boost is there at the start of the week, but then mysteriously disappears?

What could possibly explain that?

icon_professorx.pngpurpletile.png
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since he is primarily PVE look at the end of this her buffed characters he goes with. QS in the middle with IF! Put psylock in front and you get red faster. Blade in front for more black. The buffed 3* that does not really help is SQ because her yellow is poor and not many ISO 8 on opponents place special tiles to her purple.
  • So this time we are gonna have two regular pvps on off season, colossus and DP. So good news op, PX will be buffed all week.