Team Based Powers

I was thinking that it would be cool if there was like a triple attack/ultimate team ability that could be performed when specific characters are used together (I'm thinking something like X-Men blue/gold team, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.)

Maybe each character would need to build up an amount of AP (different AP type for each team member) and then once all character has the required amount a team-up attack is performed that depletes all AP.

Comments

• Would be brilliant, but:

- Would need a user interface re-design to incorporate an extra button
    - The total number of possible teams is very large. Only empowering certain teams would be a disincentive to a diverse roster.
    - A lot of characters have some sort of synergy with specific other characters whether planned (eg icon_mrfantastic.pngyellowflag.png Master of the Fantastic) or unplanned, which to a certain extent achieves the same goal as team based powers and has I assume been much easier to incorporate into the game.

Perhaps an easier to achieve middle ground on this would be more characters with dependent abilities like Master of the Fantastic. For example if we ever see a 4* Hawkeye perhaps one of his moves could say what it does and then at the end say "If Antman is also on your team and not KO'd, Hawkeye also launches Antman at the enemy team..." and effectively this move gives you a free Fastball Special if you've got both those guys on your team. A similar clause could apply to someone like Bishop: "Bishop fires his gun at the enemy for X damage, if Storm or Cyclops are on the team they attack Bishop allowing him to do a further Y damage with this attack". I think it would be nice with Dazzler and any sound projection character eg Banshee/Siryn/Black Bolt: "Siryn screams at the enemy dealing X damage to the enemy team, if Dazzler is on your team some of the sound is absorbed you gain 2 Yellow AP"

Trouble with representing team ups in this sort of fashion would then be the majority of people will not want to be constrained to pairing the characters designed to team up, creating an overwhelming consensus on preferred build away from any team-up related powers and 'robbing' these characters of some build diversity and gameplay.