To cash in or not to cash in?

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I have saved up 6 sweet tokens (no mean feat for me!) I was going to save them up until I had 30... but looking at the vault there is a Nick Fury, DPX, and a few Blade, Magneto and IF covers I badly need. I have calculated my odds at getting what I want at 8%. Should I go for it?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    put another way, you have a 92% chance of getting nothing good. your call. I'd wait. that is a little hypocritical though since I just pulled 20-something yesterday since I had 2 hb covers in there. didn't get either one, but got a leg token, so it worked out. I have 70-somthing savories and not sure what I might target with it. really want to get hb going. probably a hb red with a top-half other i'll pull the trigger, but thing might do it too.
  • OneLastGambit
    TxMoose wrote:
    put another way, you have a 92% chance of getting nothing good. your call. I'd wait. that is a little hypocritical though since I just pulled 20-something yesterday since I had 2 hb covers in there. didn't get either one, but got a leg token, so it worked out. I have 70-somthing savories and not sure what I might target with it. really want to get hb going. probably a hb red with a top-half other i'll pull the trigger, but thing might do it too.

Ha ha, I think this is the first time I have ever seen "glass half empty" thinking be more appropriate. 92% chance of not getting what I want is pretty bad really. It's so hard holding onto these, I'm gonna stop looking in the vault until I've got 30 then there's no temptation
  • philosorapt0r
    philosorapt0r Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    In the longer run, you'll get more of the covers you need if you wait until you have a bigger collection of tacos (as each 'miss' increases your odds of pulling what you want slightly, so the more tacos you have, the closer to guaranteed you are to get something you really want).

In the short run, I'd suggest waiting until at the very least you're in a position to make use of extra health packs if you get them---so, when you're trying to make a long grind in PvE, or a prolonged push in a PvP tourney. If you're ready to make a run at the PvP Sim if you end up with 20-25 health packs, then go for it!
  • OneLastGambit
    I think waiting is best, I got really mad earlier after I drew 5 MHawkeyes in a row from event heroic tokens and there's tons and tons of them in the vault.
  • I currently have 100 sweet tokens and 0 savory tokens. To cash in or not to cash in? I say yes.

More than anything I need ISO, so I cash in my savory tokens basically for ISO, and occasionally I'll get a lucky 4* pull or some HP. The others I'm saving to guarantee a legendary and two 4*s that I need. I'll save until I have 400 tokens if that is what it takes to get a good vault to pull from. Right now I'm thinking Carnage black and Thing yellow as those two seem to have eluded me for quite some time now.