Hmm so which characters were released in 2015?

uberhamster
uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Wasn't sure where to find a chronological list!

Comments

• xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    From digging through the announcements:
    Luke Cage
    Squirrel Girl
    Star-Lord
    Cyclops
    Iron Fist
    Professor X
    Kamala Khan
    Kingpin
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Hulkbuster
    Vision
    Bullseye 3*
    Carnage
    Thing
    Ant-man
    Jean Grey
    Deadpool 4*
    Spider-man 1 *
    Captain America 4*
    Mr. Fantastic
    Silver Surfer
    Iceman
    (others pending)

Did I miss anyone?

Edit: I also wonder if this would include characters that were released post-Anniversary, but still in calendar 2014.

Edit 2: For the record I believe those would be Blade, Mystique, R&G, Thor 4*, Gamora & Elektra.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    FINALLY BUFFED 3* BULLSEYE!
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Wow! That's a busy year.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    42 weeks and 23 characters released! Anyone else think that this is just way too many?
  • what would the best 2015 team be?

From what I have: Cyclops, Kamala, Iron Fist--Boosted icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    From digging through the announcements:
    Luke Cage
    Squirrel Girl
    Star-Lord
    Cyclops
    Iron Fist
    Professor X
    Kamala Khan
    Kingpin
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Hulkbuster
    Vision
    Bullseye 3*
    Carnage
    Thing
    Ant-man
    Jean Grey
    Deadpool 4*
    Spider-man 1 *
    Captain America 4*
    Mr. Fantastic
    Silver Surfer
    Iceman
    (others pending)

Did I miss anyone?

Edit: I also wonder if this would include characters that were released post-Anniversary, but still in calendar 2014.

Edit 2: For the record I believe those would be Blade, Mystique, R&G, Thor 4*, Gamora & Elektra.

I was just about to post the list! Technically Luke Cage was released 12/31/14 but I would think he would still be considered 2015.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    I was just about to post the list! Technically Luke Cage was released 12/31/14 but I would think he would still be considered 2015.
    His was a little tricky. He was definitely announced in December, but it looked like his event technically ended in January. I went with January, because you could only earn the character at the end of events at the time (no cheat packs).
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    42 weeks and 23 characters released! Anyone else think that this is just way too many?

I need a faster way to earn imcoin.png to roster them and all the other good relevant characters man this is hard. icon_e_sad.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's going to be a **** PvP to fight through the top end of the leaderboard.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demiurge counted cage as a 2015 release. They stated in December that Elektra was the last 2014 release, even though the cage release event started in 2014.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    So with 4* Cyclops, 4* Hulk, 5* Wolverine and 4* Red Hulk that is going to be a minimum of 27 characters released in 52 weeks and I am positive that number is going to increase.

Question now is for all but the biggest spenders is this continued release rate sustainable, especially with the cost of roster slots and availability of covers to get these characters to a useable state? I am not even going to start on the amount of ISO to get them all levelled up.

With the advent of an in my opinion overpowered 5* tier all of the previous 3* character releases are now defunct. Most of the top 100 versus event ranking rewards tend to be occupied by those who actually do not need the 3* characters being offered meaning those who do need them have a longer and harder time getting their 3* characters up to strength.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    That's going to be a **** PvP to fight through the top end of the leaderboard.

Unless D3 is offering 2+ legendary tokens, few players would bother fighting for first place.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Linkster79 wrote:

With the advent of an in my opinion overpowered 5* tier all of the previous 3* character releases are now defunct. Most of the top 100 versus event ranking rewards tend to be occupied by those who actually do not need the 3* characters being offered meaning those who do need them have a longer and harder time getting their 3* characters up to strength.

Excellent point. DDQ was supposed to alleviate that. It wouldn't hurt if D3 offered a second node giving an additional 3* cover as reward. It could even be a second color/cover of the same character.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

Excellent point. DDQ was supposed to alleviate that. It wouldn't hurt if D3 offered a second node giving an additional 3* cover as reward. It could even be a second color/cover of the same character.

They need to fix transition.

PVP that only allows 3*'s and lower to help the 2*->3* transition (along with DDQ)
    PVP that only allows 4*'s and lower, rewards 4*'s as -ALLIANCE- reward.
    Add 4* Daily DDQ (soon - we're getting towards 4* numbers similar to what 3* numbers were when DDQ was added to help that ransition)
    PVP that allows anyone, and rewards Legendary tokens as alliance rewards.

Thanks for the OP list xKOBALTx! I thought about digging through for those, but didn't want to spend the time. Just a casual glance confirms that you need way, way more than 2x the amount of ISO to level year two characters compared to year one characters - which further shows double-ISO everywhere in the game should be permanent.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lets stay on topic here.. we have enough threads about how hard/easy it is to get/not get everything