Idea: Split Characters away from Costumes.

Tannen
Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
Howdy,

Basic idea: each unique character (eg : Wolverine/IronMan/Black Widow) can be levelled from x-270. You collect the covers of the "Costumes" to unlock the levels, but can use ANY costume to the level of the character after they're unlocked.

Pros:
- Only spend iso on a character once. -- Thus allowing iso spent on 1*s to be "useful" later in game.
- Can change move sets for characters by changing "costumes".
- Retains the current need for all characters by translating them to "costumes"
- Allows reuse of 1*/2* abilities at a higher level by collecting the higher version of the character.

Cons:
- What do you do with Roster spots? Do they become Costume spots? Do they become unique Character spots?
- Currently would allow use of overpowered abilities at much higher levels than intended.
- How do you deal with people that have the higher level costumes, but not the lower ones?
- May require a revamp of lower level chars / power levels when scaled.
- Would require a revamp of iso costs per level, as some characters can now level from 1 to 270.

Example.

Wolverine. I have 2* wolverine @ 94, 3* wolverine @166, 4* wolverine @ 220. All of them are fully covered. At present, I can use only one of each per battle, as they are a single character. As per the above suggestion, I would like to see those three characters merged into one. The resulting character, Wolverine, would be level 220 with three costume variants - 2* AXM, 3* Patch, 4* XFW. Choosing any of those costumes would allow me to use Wolverine at level 220, with the move sets attached to the costumes.

The powers that the costumes confer would be limited by the cover distribution. The actual numerical power level of those powers would be determined by the level of the character. So if you had Wolverine levelled to 220, you could run the 2* costume at level 220.This scaling tech already exists in game. You can and do run into 2* wolverine scaled up to level 395.

Limits to the character's level would be based on "costume" so if you have only AMX, the highest level you could take the Wolverine character to would be 94. If you have a fully covered XFW, highest level you could take Wolverine to would be 270. Theoretically, if wolverine gets a 5*, that would boost the top level to 450, if you had all the covers of his 5* costume.

Basic thing would be
- 1* costume allows the character to level from 1 - 50, dependant on covers.
- 2* costume unlocks up to level 15 if the character has a 1* version, else starts character at level 15 and allows up to level 94, dependant on covers.
- 3* costume unlocks up to level 40 if the character has either a 1* or a 2* version, else starts the character at level 40 and allows up to level 166, dependant on covers.
- 4* costume unlocks up to level 70 if the character has 1-3* versions, else starts the character at level 70 and allows up to level 270, dependant on covers.
- 5* costume unlocks up to level 255 if the character has 1-4* versions, else starts the character at level 255 and allows up to level 450, dependant on covers.

If you get a 4* cover without having the lower *versions, you unlock the character and can level that character up to level 70. You can use that character, but it would be scaled down (ie underleveled) until you reach 70 which is the start of 4* territory.

If a character only has a 4* version, treat them as you do currently, so the character starts at level 70 and can go up to 270.

I, personally, don't think that the costume should limit the character, so a level 220 wolverine wouldn't be limited to 94 if he was wearing his AXM costume. I think that allowing someone to use that AXM costume at level 270 once you collect the full 4* costume and level up the actual character is a perk of collecting both costumes and having a fully levelled wolverine.

You can also add more lower levelled characters with the view to having them be more powerful at level 270. Which could allow more popular characters to be introduced at lower levels, but not truly come into their power until you collect the later levelled costume...

Thanks for reading if you've made it this far. icon_e_biggrin.gif
- T

Comments

• The TLDR version is that this is the motion to be able to scale up low star.png characters past their existing level cap if you also own an alternate of that character at a higher level.

My thoughts: This would be fun and I'd like to see it. However I don't see it as likely to happen due to the extra character balancing work that would be needed before this could be put into place. It might change which characters are high end characters, but I don't see it actually having much of a major impact on the game even if it is implemented.

I think ISO costs aren't likely to change for it though, that's a revenue stream.