Time to nerf 5*

Vinmarc43
Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
After seeing a fully covered SS today, I think we don't need 5* in this game. It's getting ridiculous to fight longer and longer battles against 4*....now battling a 5* mean's quitting time for a lot of player's.
SO D3 NERF THE 5* TO REASONNABLE HEALTH, SAY 20K... and while you are at it, un-nerf wolverine please. icon_mad.gif

Comments

• GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I usually don't post like this (ok lets not lie i try to knock every person who types in anecdotes right flat on their backs).

But are you kidding me dude?
    Because you say so, because you were inconvenienced?

I could think of thousands of things to nerf aside from a singular character with no one else in his tier, most glaringly obvious, the path to that tier.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    at worst you have to skip the 1-3 players that have covered SS, at best you'll never see them anyway, they can't be in every slice
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    My apologies for hard time on maxed SS, however, today I was defeated 4 times within 10 minutes from a single player. There is a way.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who are you using as the other 2 to be defeated so quick?
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Pongie wrote:

I believed it was in Shield Event. I guess my last play was SS, MR F, CapAmerica*Wilson
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    People are probably just taking a maxed SS as a challenge. You can defeat him if you go infinite with GSBW and PX (with SW helping). Jean Grey hard counters this but even she can be stunned with team ups.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Vinmarc43 wrote:
    After seeing a fully covered SS today, I think we don't need 5* in this game. It's getting ridiculous to fight longer and longer battles against 4*....now battling a 5* mean's quitting time for a lot of player's.
    SO D3 NERF THE 5* TO REASONNABLE HEALTH, SAY 20K... and while you are at it, un-nerf wolverine please. icon_mad.gif

First, no one is forcing you to fight a fully covered 5*.

Secondly, you can make many arguments for a nerf; however, with the newish point system, a longer fight is not really the strongest argument. Pvp still takes a lot less time than the previous system.

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of a 5* tier. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. There's been many times in the past MPQ makes a change in the game, then it turns out it was just one part of an larger change that makes more sense when they are done.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    My apologies for hard time on maxed SS, however, today I was defeated 4 times within 10 minutes from a single player. There is a way.

some people have collected a lot of whale points icon_e_wink.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Pongie wrote:

I believed it was in Shield Event. I guess my last play was SS, MR F, CapAmerica*Wilson

Just slot in your Jean Grey and Carnage. Or Hood and Thing, unless you are actually trying to give people a chance. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Watch out man, you made a suggestion. This is going to get moved to the suggestions forum where most people don't check.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:
    Watch out man, you made a suggestion. This is going to get moved to the suggestions forum where most people don't check.
    Hey, you seem to know where the posts are, so maybe you're checking it.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    DayvBang wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:

Except I don't check it. Going by the view counts, barely anyone else does either.

Maybe a tag system would be more appropriate, where something could be tagged as a suggestion?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    DayvBang wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:

I like how the sticky in that forum was last updated in October of last year.

Can we just admit that if you propose to actually change anything in this game that it needs to be done in the main forum... you know, where all of the recent changes stemmed from?

So, if you call out a problem with a character, it gets to stay in main. If you are helpful enough to propose solutions to the problem that you have identified, then it goes to where no one will ever see the topic again and where change never happens.

Sounds like a good system. From now on, **** threads with no solutions.