Need to shave off some 2*'s for roster space

Options
Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in Roster and Level Help
Need to trim down my 2* roster but having trouble choosing who to drop.

Ones I'm keeping for sure:
Thor 70, 3/2/5 (overall strongest character)
Storm 70, 3/4/3 (very handy esp with magneto)
Mags 38, 0/3/2 (low covers, but still usable and proven useful)

Probably going to keep:
OBW 62, 3/3/3 (has her moments)
Daken 62, 3/3/3 (true healing and good dmg)

Not sure about these:
Ms Marvel, 65, 5/3/4 (raised her during an event, pretty decent overall)
Torch, 39, 4/5/3 (good synergy, but i don't like him all that much)
Wolv, 35, 5/5/3 (decently strong when buffed or leveled. Has full covers too)
Ares 25, 2/2/2 (I hear he's a powerhouse but i haven't been using him due to lack of covers)

My roster is all over the place, I know. I level based on events and what covers I can get. Would like to trim down to maybe ~6, for an A and B squad. Advice appreciated.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely keep OBW. She is awesome once you get a few more covers. Easily the best two-star. Daken is good too.
    I think you can ditch Wolverine if you need the space - he is overshadowed by Thor and Ares. I suppose you could abandon either Torch or Ms Marvel too.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would highly recommend adding obw and ares to the definite list. to me, all the rest are optional. I kept hawkeye as well just to have one for any future ultron and when he's boosted, I like running him with witch and gsbw - Charlie's angels lite. truthfully, for function, he's optional. those are the 6 that I have kept - all others are optional. however, daken and wolvie serve important purposes until you get the 3* versions up and running, being the only true healers in 2* land. I recommend keeping them until you have the 3*s covered (mainly black/yellow healing covers).
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll probably be getting rid of Torch and/or Marvel as needed, with wolverine on standby. I still find him somewhat useful with Daken.

Ares is undercovered, but he sounds like a keeper too! Thanks for the advice.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ares is definitely worth keeping once covered and levelled his green is serious one shot potential. His yellow is very useful as well build a 5/3/5 one and hes a great tank for a B team (he's on mine even at lvl 82 there's not much he cant handle)

I would keep wolvie as well, Ms Marvel can be ditched. And I'd keep torch until you get hold of his 3* variety or Mohawk
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Ares is definitely worth keeping once covered and levelled his green is serious one shot potential. His yellow is very useful as well build a 5/3/5 one and hes a great tank for a B team (he's on mine even at lvl 82 there's not much he cant handle)

I would keep wolvie as well, Ms Marvel can be ditched. And I'd keep torch until you get hold of his 3* variety or Mohawk
    I prefer a 4/4/5 build for Ares as the gains from 5 green are minimal and the red does come in handy at times. Yellow should absolutely be at level 5 though.
  • Quebbster
    Options

I prefer a 4/4/5 build for Ares as the gains from 5 green are minimal and red does come in handy at times. 5 yellow is mandatory though.
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    I mean no disrespect in saying this - if you are not rocking OBW in 2* land, you are not doing it right.

She is amazingly useful and fits in with any 2* team that can be put together AND a lot of 3* teams. Sure, hit points are low, but that purpleflag.png AP steal is one of the best active purple skills in the entire game and her blueflag.png that increases countdown timers (and heals!) is HUGE in PVE. Put her on a team where she tanks blacktile.png , bluetile.png , and/or purpletile.png and she double dips on damage and steals AP in that color.

TL;DR - OBW is a BEAST.

OTHER MUST HAVE 2* CHARACTERS

- Ares - Dude is a damage machine. His greenflag.png is absolutely huge, yellowflag.png , while self-damaging, is a big damage dealer, and redflag.png , while weak can chip off some damage to the entire opposing team. Couple this with him scaling brilliantly and he is a must have.

- Magneto - He generates bluetile.png & redtile.png like a champion and his redflag.png skill is great at his rarity level. blueflag.png is kind of meaningless, but will get some board shake going.

- Storm - The essential teammate for Magneto. He generates the bluetile.png , she drops the team damage and a great stun to the character up front. Her green is great for board shake and collecting AP, and her yellow may not seem like much, but over the course of the match it can mean the difference between winning and losing. Never mind her low hit points, she is completely essential as a 2* player.

TL;DR - OBW, Ares, Magneto & Storm will be all that anyone really needs after moving on to the next stage. They should be optimally covered and max leveled on everyone's rosters.

*Characters to keep until getting their 3* versions covered - Captain America, Daken & Thor.
    *Characters to consider using - Human Torch, Wolverine, Hawkeye (for Speed Shot alone, he teams well with Magneto & Storm), Bullseye
    *Not needed/YMMV - Captain Marvel, Moonstone
    *Super-Secret Line Club Awesomeness - Bagman: If you have a fully covered, max leveled Bagman on your roster you are a legend. A legend for taking the time and wasting the resources on a completely meaningless character. And the masses will bow before your greatness.

I'm a fan of holding onto whoever you can, because of 2* characters being essential in PVE and getting boosted in both PVP & PVE. They can save you some health packs when working with easy nodes or taking on the early matches in PVP. But, roster slots are hard to come by and the most important part of the game, so it is inevitable some hard decisions will have to be made by a lot of people.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    note for ddq - obw, storm, mags can all be locked out of a node, but usually not together. I know cmags and mostorm are together in one of the nodes, so that means you'd be left with ares and obw, which are good - good enough to win the node, but might take more damage to them than necessary. I'd keep one extra - mine is thor, because I've gone back to 2*thormneto for big enchilada. I also have hawkeye for ultron and playing with gsbw/witch. but once you're 3s start developing, not much need for more than obw, ares, cstorm, mnmags, and maybe thor or torch or hawkeye or whoever you wish. also, daken and axwolvie are very useful for 2* players, but can be replaced once the 3*s are covered. I recommend keeping them until your 3*s are covered. they can singlehandedly get through LR seeds time after time without health packs. to me that is enough value to keep them until you have their replacements.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Torch would be my first candidate for a drop, probably followed by Captain Marvel (although she hung around in my roster for a very long time, but only if you've got a Hawkeye with maxed Speed Shot).

OBW/MMags/CStorm was my goto DDQ BE team for I don't even know how long. I still use the combo for the 2* nodes.