So IceIX - did you beat Hulk with your 2/2/1 HB?

CaptainFreaky
CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I think you have a lvl 111 2/2/1 HB. I wish I had a red cover (mine is 0/3/2) as I have had absolutely zero luck even if mine is a higher level (127). Hulk just kills me with match damage every time.
I think with 2 red covers and enough tries to get a lucky board it's doable - but curious if you were able to clear it.

I think this 4* DDQ (like the IW vs. QS node) really highlights that you need SPECIFIC covers in these matches (Yellow for IW, Red for HB) - otherwise you are out of luck on these 1x1 lvl 270 matches without any TU support.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    In my top-10 I see a player with a 2/2/1 level 74 HB that completed the event today.

(I assume anyone who beats the DDQ 4* nodes like this had somewhat tremendous luck)
  • Why would they not dump some iso into it? It can get up to what, 94 or something max with those covers? People just enjoy making life harder? icon_razz.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    231 wonder if i should try it with those covers
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    231 wonder if i should try it with those covers
    I'd say yes. with enough attempts I'm sure you could do it. might take 10-15. took me 10 tries. mine started at 2/2/3 but I added a red after about 6 tries or so. I did it with a 3/2/3, but looking back at the match I won, I did not need the extra red.
  • Really thought 1/3/2 would be enough but not got him below 5k in 20 attempts. Maybe in 17 weeks time I might be in a better position
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    bobbyfish wrote:
    Really thought 1/3/2 would be enough but not got him below 5k in 20 attempts. Maybe in 17 weeks time I might be in a better position
    in 17 weeks, hb should cycle through 1K in pvp 3 times, so if you can hit those yours would be at least 2/4/3, plus any pulls you get icon_e_wink.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Cleared it on test after a dozen tries or so. On Live I've tried 5 times and had the board be horribly anti-Hulkbuster each time. I've gotta say, if Yellow were one of HB's colors, I would have killed Hulk 3 of those 5 times...

As it stands, out of those 5 tries, I got Hulk down to 3K before he got enough AP to Smash me. The other problem is that I've eaten both parts of Ms. Marvel's Sonic Boom each battle which doesn't help healthwise.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:
    Really thought 1/3/2 would be enough but not got him below 5k in 20 attempts. Maybe in 17 weeks time I might be in a better position
    in 17 weeks, hb should cycle through 1K in pvp 3 times, so if you can hit those yours would be at least 2/4/3, plus any pulls you get icon_e_wink.gif

True, but I'm yet to hit 1000, maybe next season, my pb is 930 but the last 3 events I've not had the featured. So tempting to cough up a bit of cash and add a second red cover and a few levels, just to satisfy my curiosity
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Wouldn't you have to collect 70+ red to beat him with 2 red covers? That's ... a lot.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    These challenges should really give us the full 5-days attempt, instead of a single wednesday where I basically barely have time to play, must less try 17 times.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    ...or even lets us to equip a TU's...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought calling out other players was a cardinal sin...
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Wouldn't you have to collect 70+ red to beat him with 2 red covers? That's ... a lot.

I beat him with a level 172 2/5/1. I had to boost all match damage and carefully match damage him down to 6K, then drop a 30AP Repulsor Punch on him. It was touch and go, and took a few attempts.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Katai wrote:
    These challenges should really give us the full 5-days attempt, instead of a single wednesday where I basically barely have time to play, must less try 17 times.

Funny you mention this, that's how I thought it worked the first event so I didn't push hard for the cover.

It should give us 5 days!
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    1/2/3, lvl 131 HB here. Beat it on the second try.

First time, I had no boosts and he clapped.

Second time I boosted red, blue, and all match damage. Beat him with 2400 hp left. The secret is getting out protect tiles right away, denying red/green, and the strike tiles help a good deal as well. Oh, and a bit of luck is needed as well.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards

I beat him with 2 red covers. Mine is a level 152 2/4/1 though. It took me about 10 tries before I could get a good board. I also used match damage boosts so I wouldn't have to collect so much red.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I managed to get Hulk down to 5k with my level 94 1/2/1 HB. I boosted all match damage, green/black, and red/yellow, got some good cascades, and only triggered anger once. The key problems are not enough red damage to make even big collections of AP very impressive, and black does far too much self-damage to justify its very small red generation at one cover.

Still, getting him to 5k was pretty impressive -- I hope to be able to handle this the next time it rolls around.