Migrating from Android to IOS

NighteyesGrisu
NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
I've been playing the game since Nov '13 on my Android Phone (and sometimes the Android tablet). I'm about to get a new phone from my employer, but unfortunately company policy for some reason only allows IOS devices, so my next phone will have to be an IPhone.

So my question is, is it possible to use my account on a iPhone and if it is, is it somewhat painless?

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been playing the game since Nov '13 on my Android Phone (and sometimes the Android tablet). I'm about to get a new phone from my employer, but unfortunately company policy for some reason only allows IOS devices, so my next phone will have to be an IPhone.

So my question is, is it possible to use my account on a iPhone and if it is, is it somewhat painless?
    It is, if you first make sure your game on the Android device is backed up via a Facebook login. Then use the same login on the new device and let it restore your progress from the save.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    thx for that reply. So the process is bacisally the same as switching to a new Android phone? Did that before and that worked pretty well.

I already had nightmares of losing all my progress icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    thx for that reply. So the process is bacisally the same as switching to a new Android phone? Did that before and that worked pretty well.

I already had nightmares of losing all my progress icon_e_wink.gif
    Yep, the Facebook saves are platform-independent. Some people even use both devices interchangeably, playing on an Android tablet at home and an iPhone on the road, or vice versa. Just don't try to play on two devices at the same exact time, of course.