Just wondering does the points change if you join a Pve late

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Say an event starts on thursday for 7 days.

on sunday (what would be stage 4) the Ess. nodes are worth say 600 pts each

If you join a new bracket on sunday will that same Nod be worth 600 pts or more cause you joined the event later. Trying to see how late you could join and still reach the final placement.

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    The point values for the nodes are fixed now, as far as I'm aware.

The node value used to be variable, utilising a "rubber-banding" mechanic, where the node point values would increase for lower placed players, depending on how far ahead the leaders were. The problem with this was that people would join late, and use the rubber-band to leapfrog into a T10 placement. Demi played with the rubber-band mechanic for a while, making the rubber-band weaker, but as far as I know, they've switched it off entirely.

The point values for nodes do tend to go up from sub to sub (as I'm sure you're aware). I guess how late you can join and still grab the legendary token progression depends on the event length. I tried joining the Simulator halfway through the second sub, then realised I wasn't going to make final progression. A longer event, with more subs allows you more time to grind the sub end to catch up in point value. I daresay that for most people, the latest you could join a four day event would be day two, and a seven day event, day three, in order to have a reasonable chance of grabbing the final progression.