Watch my epic fight against Silver surfer

Omega Red
Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, last sunday I checked my retaliation queue in "Real McCoy" and found KingDreadnaught himself. He beat me with Beast, Thing and Silver Surfer. First thought was to hit "skip" but I decided to give it a go. This is what happened:

Link removed -DayvBang

Comments

• GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Well done! That was tense.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    dear bob that was a nail biter.. warn us next time!

BTW, nicely done! i love how the team up and the singularity both did bad things.. but wow that ending.

+1 for submitted for The Oscor(p) Awards.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I almost bailed when Beast got wiped, but I figured there had to be a reason you uploaded this other than "watch me lose to Silver Surfer". Glad I stuck it out.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    You got extremely lucky! There were a few times where you should of died, especially towards the end when you left your Professor X purple tile out to be matched but the dumb CPU matched a different set of purple tiles lol.

Out of curiosity, why would you bring Patch into battle? So he tanks for Beast? It just does not seem like a good team and it almost looked like you wanted to die so Professor X tanks everything haha. Also, you do realize you can use Beast's Green with just his Blue CD tile, the CD does not have to resolve to count as a "special blue tile"

Overall, awesome job! I wonder how many other players are targeting this player just because of his SS.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    You got extremely lucky! There were a few times where you should of died, especially towards the end when you left your Professor X purple tile out to be matched but the dumb CPU matched a different set of purple tiles lol.

Out of curiosity, why would you bring Patch into battle? So he tanks for Beast? It just does not seem like a good team and it almost looked like you wanted to die so Professor X tanks everything haha. Also, you do realize you can use Beast's Green with just his Blue CD tile, the CD does not have to resolve to count as a "special blue tile"

Overall, awesome job! I wonder how many other players are targeting this player just because of his SS.

Patch is there as sacrificial lamb to tank, farm as much green as possible and leave a few strike tiles around for Prof. X to boost. His healing is really critical early in the game when surfer's matches aren't mitigated yet by protect tiles.

As for Beast's green, I waited as long as possible before using it since both Beast and surfer have healing, no point in using it earlier.

Thanks to everyone for your comments!
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    7 min match - you must be so proud. hit him again, i'm sure he'll be happy to show you the 30 second retal.

side note - where's a mod to shut this down? i thought we were not gonna focus on a single player's roster anymore, and yet he keeps getting highlighted.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Please do not create posts that call out a single player. This is against the forum rules.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.