Strangest place or excuse you've ever used for shield hop

Gowaderacer
Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I'm sure we have all went for a hop under the guise of an "extended" bathroom break, but what are some more unusual excuses or places you've used for a hop?

I was at a church attending a wedding once and the bathroom had no reception so I pretended that I saw a dog run across the street to a park and sat on a park bench to make a hop.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing too crazy - I was on my way to pick up my kid from Grandma's house and pulled over on a side street so I could hop before I got there.

I don't shoot for 1300 so my events usually only require one hop, if that. If I was shooting higher and rotating shields I'm sure I'd have to get creative more often.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Subscribing for the "my significant other wanted to get amorous just as my shield timer ran out" stories. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Gowaderacer
    evil panda wrote:
    Subscribing for the "my significant other wanted to get amorous just as my shield timer ran out" stories. icon_mrgreen.gif

Yep I definitely been guilty of rushing certain "activities" because I knew I needed to hop soon icon_e_wink.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorted mail in the mailroom on days that weren't actually my days just to get private time to hop.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    last Friday, i was getting an MRI, and asked them to wait on giving me the radioactive iodine until my hop was over.. the nurse has a husband who plays (we had been talking about it earlier) she laughed and said she needed a smoke anyway.
  • How about this:

In the middle of a grinding mid-hop, some one calls (you play on your smartphone), what do you do? Who would you answer?

For me, I drop several calls during these intense play sessions. I dropped a call from my gf once and my boss one time.

They can wait! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I offer to pick up lunch, coffee, Ect. The sit in the car and put all calls to VM! Hahaha

I also tell the wife I'm on a global text to fix a work issue
  • Oh! Worst ever was just allowing the fight I was trying to avoid with wife. This way she storms out or gives me silent treatment. On the downside the silent treatment lasts much longer then the game
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Customs queue at the airport, waiting to clear immigration to leave the country. The line looks like it's going to take about 20 minutes to get to the customs official, so I figure I've got time to do a quick hop. I'm at 1200, shooting for 1300 (this was in Pool Party, I think). Finish the first match, and halfway through the second match, get told by an immigration official to put away my phone. Briefly contemplate begging the official to give me 90 seconds to finish my match and reshield, but after one look at his face, decide it's more important to make my flight. Stew for what feels like 5-10 minutes, until I've moved out of sight, whip out my phone, finish the match, and miraculously get to reshield, because no one's hit me yet.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about this:

In the middle of a grinding mid-hop, some one calls (you play on your smartphone), what do you do? Who would you answer?

For me, I drop several calls during these intense play sessions. I dropped a call from my gf once and my boss one time.

They can wait! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I've been guilty of that. Mostly when the phone has been hooked up to the loading station while I was playing - that makes the phone go into speaker mode, and if I take it out of the loading station the game crashes. I tend to reject the call then call up when I've finished playing.
  • Deadpool369
    Deadpool369 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I once made my wife wait until I was done with my climb before we did the deed...needless to say she hates this game
  • SuperSkrull
    SuperSkrull Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Kids were at their grandparents for the night and Mrs. Skrull was hoping for a super powered evening of passion. Unfortunately my 'migraine' put the dampeners on that.

But I got my fifth prof x blue.

Totally worth it.

Celebrated with Mrs. Skull the next morning.

Kl'rt does it again.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    During the birth of my first child.. it was either I cut the cord or do a shield hop.. I earned a Hulkbuster that day.. Wife is mad though.. doesn't help that I held the baby while playing.. might get divorced for my addiction to MPQ.. need Marvel rehab.. just lost my job.. shield hopping during a meeting.. apparently they don't read comics or play games.. might end up homeless.. plan is to use free WiFi at a 24hr McDonalds.. yeah.. icon_e_surprised.gif .. icon_cry.gif .. icon_e_biggrin.gif .. icon_neutral.gif
    Yes this is absolutely a joke and is intended for entertainment purposes only. Players, please don't try this at home. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    During the birth of my first child.. it was either I cut the cord or do a shield hop.. I earned a Hulkbuster that day.. Wife is mad though.. doesn't help that I held the baby with playing.. might get divorced for my addiction to MPQ.. need Marvel rehab.. just lost my job.. shield hopping during a meeting.. apparently they don't read comics or play games.. might end up homeless.. plan is to use free WiFi at a 24hr McDonalds.. yeah.. icon_e_surprised.gif .. icon_cry.gif .. icon_e_biggrin.gif .. icon_neutral.gif
    Yes this is absolutely a joke and is intended for entertainment purposes only. Players, please don't try this at home. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I once failed to stop an old man from getting hit by a truck because I was too busy playing MPQ. Luckily, some little kid shoved him out of the way. Kid got hit, though. I heard he went blind. Tough luck -- I didn't even hit 1300.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    During the birth of my first child.. it was either I cut the cord or do a shield hop.. I earned a Hulkbuster that day.. Wife is mad though.. doesn't help that I held the baby with playing.. might get divorced for my addiction to MPQ.. need Marvel rehab.. just lost my job.. shield hopping during a meeting.. apparently they don't read comics or play games.. might end up homeless.. plan is to use free WiFi at a 24hr McDonalds.. yeah.. icon_e_surprised.gif .. icon_cry.gif .. icon_e_biggrin.gif .. icon_neutral.gif
    I once failed to stop an old man from getting hit by a truck because I was too busy playing MPQ. Luckily, some little kid shoved him out of the way. Kid got hit, though. I heard he went blind. Tough luck -- I didn't even hit 1300.
    Were you driving the truck?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a shield hop, but one time back at the White House I was busy grinding PvE. It was one of those damn Enemy of the State events, which take forever, so I blew off the daily briefings. Well, soon after that some stuff happened that I'd rather not revisit, but one day I happened to notice a memo at the top of that stack of briefings that was titled, "Bin Laden determined to strike in U.S." Damn! But at least I locked up T2 in that event.
  • Gowaderacer
    DayvBang wrote:

If it weren't for MPQ you could have become icon_daredevil.png !
  • Bathroom is of course my hiding place of choice. After work one day i pretended to take a long shower while awaiting an ally to hop and shield. I let the water run the whole time while i waited. My wife knows my showers dont take that long but she didnt question it lol. What is it about this game