Who to Max next?

Options
bobbyfish
bobbyfish Posts: 299
edited September 2015 in Roster and Level Help
Hi all, so I have Mags and SW maxed at 166 now, my first 2. Mags was planned and SW just kind of happened. Usual team is Mags/KK and either blade or loki

The easy answer would be max out Loki or blade next, right? But I just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions for who to level that will help me wade through the wall of 166 in shield sim, for example.

All my other 3* are between 120 and 135, except for those I can't cover properly (damn Iron Fist Green - 0/2/5 makes me sad)

KK is stuck at 153 cos I cannot get that 3rd purple to save my life

Fully covered potentials: Thor, Daredevil, QS (could be fun with Mags/SW?), Blade, Mystique, Hulk

12 covers: Loki, Cyclops
11 covers: Shulk, Cap, Cage

Most others are on 10 I think

Thanks

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thor and Cyclops should be your next to max i feel. You want to keep Loki and Hood slightly underleveled.. their powers really do not gain anything from levels, and it just makes them tank colors, when you want them hidden from damage.

Hulk if you like to hulkbomb, but you would need KK or Thor high enough to be effective with their AoE's, but, in Thors case, not too high that he tanks all the colors.

But i stand by Thor and Cyc
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    thanks, Thor is at 135 I think, I was unsure because I do have a soft-spot for KK and obviously the greens are a clash. Who would you play with Thor?

Forgot to say I also have fully maxed GSBW, but the same kind of applies, and a fully covered Human Torch

I do like Cyclops a lot, he's at 4/4/4 so he's pretty strong, definitely worth the push to 150 I guess
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It might be a good idea to sticky mpq.gamependium.com links of the roster in question. I can parse the stats with a visual roster much quicker than in wording.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    cool, I'll look into that later

forgot to mention Doom/SG also fully covered. They were my original lvl 120 powerhouse before everyone else overtook them
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thor/Doom are a 2 man perfect rainbow team.. my 3/5/5 Thor and 5/3/5 Doom were my staple against anyone and everyone for a long time. Doom can 1 shot many 4*s if enough traps are out.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    both a bit slow I find, but maybe someone like Loki could help with that? or KK to keep them cushioned?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No love for Blade? He's probably my second pick of those fully covered after Thor. Cyclops should also be a priority though. Loki is nice, but the only benefit from leveling him is that he gets more health - it's good if you plan to PvP, but not really necessary if you mostly PvE.
    Steve Rogers and Luke Cage are also excellent candidates at a later stage.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bobbyfish wrote:
    Who would you play with Thor?
    thor plays well with mags even though they share 2 colors, red is thor's weakest color and mag's is strong and yellow is mags weakest color and thor's is strong, so you get 4 very strong abilities with an alternative on red if you already cast it and the board is TU dry. add with them a purple/black user - loki is perfect, blade is good - and you have a solid old-fashioned team. not as good on defense due to the AI choosing wrong yellow/red, but is very good on offense. the beginning combo of mags red/loki purple (sometimes followed by mags blue) leads to cascades and extra ap that thor can mop up with.

I agree that doom is slow, but add a hood behind the rainbow and let him do his thing and they become very strong.

like 2* land, daken is a good one too. thor yellow leads to lots of green matches that lead to lots of strike tiles. again needs purple/black and with daken, blade is perfect here. you end up with a ton of strikes and if you can gather enough purple, you eat through the enemy pretty quick. if not, you have other ap for thor.