Roster help?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
The team I'm currently running is Ragnarok/Storm (Classic)/Loki (or on whim putting in Dr. Doom). Ragnarok is the shield and I find his green ability pretty useful, Storm I use for her blue ability (stun + party wide damage) and Loki's pink ability for switching tiles is good for cascades. I'm wondering if there's a better team I can put together with what I have, as well as who I should be pumping levels into? There's also a Black Widow (Original) and Moonstone sitting in my rewards (one cover each) that I'll be putting into my roster as soon as the event blows over and I have HP for roster slots.

Iron Man (Model 35) Lvl 40 5/5/3
Ragnarok Lvl 39 3/1
Invisible Woman Lvl 34 1/1/0
Storm (Classic) Lvl 6 5/2/3
Black Widow (Modern) Lvl 29 5/5
Dr. Doom Lvl 28 2/1
Loki Lv 28 2/1
Storm (Modern) Lvl 27 5/5/3
Hawkeye (Classic) Lvl 23 5/2
Magneto Lvl 20 0/2/1
The Hood Lvl 17 2/1
The Punisher Lvl 15 1/0/0
Daken Lvl 14 2/1
Captain America Lvl 12 2/1/3
Thor (Marvel Now) Lvl 10 2/0/2
Wolverine Lvl 8 1/1/0
Hawkeye (Modern) Lvl 6 0/0/1
Magneto (Marvel Now) Lvl 6 1/1/1
Spider Man (Bag) Lvl 6 1/2/3
Juggernaut (Classic) Lvl 1 4/4
Venom (Dark Avengers) Lvl 1 5/2

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would pump iso into Modern Storm: she's invaluable at clearing tiles and generating AP. The trifecta of 1*s is M. storm / IM35 / Black Widow, so I would focus on getting them up to level 30 or so and transitioning into 2* covers such as Thor. Try to play the campaign up to the point where you can get 3 Thor covers, and that should be enough for him to replace IM35.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think there are some Thor covers and Wolvering covers in Dark Avengers. This should allow you to replace IW with Thor as he has good HP and does better damage than she will. You can do quite well with a M Storm, M.Widow, Thor team.
  • Multi-layer help:

If you're sticking to just 1* Heroes because you're lazy to farm for covers - Iron Man Model 35 / Modern Black Widow / Modern Storm.

IM35 - 5/5/3 (Red/Yellow)
    M. Storm - 5/3/5 (Green/Black)
    M. B.W. - 5/5 (Purple/Blue)

This allows you to generate substantial damage, cover all possible colour types, and offers utility with Hailstorm (potentially 7*64= 448 damage/turn)/Widow Sting.

However, if you do plan to transition to 2* Heroes, don't waste your ISO on leveling these dudes to their max levels. They're still useful, but ISO is hard to come by and you're gonna want to save them for leveling your 2* Heroes.

In that case, I recommend building M. Storm as 3/5/5 instead, controversial I know, but hear me out. You're gonna want to save your Green tiles for Thor's Call The Storm and Wolverine's Feral Claws instead of arguably wasting it on Storm's Lightning Strike. The potential for cascade is there, but it could also be a complete waste. Meanwhile, if there are a lot of Environment tiles on the board, you can use a 5AP Mistress of the Elements, and because Black abilities are hard to come by at 2*, and by the time you're at 3* you're not gonna want to be using M. Storm any more.

Great 2* Heroes: Classic Storm/Original Black Widow/Thor/Wolverine
    Lousy 2* Hero: Bagman
  • Eddiemon
    Options
    The problem with 5 black storm vs 5 green storm is that firstly too many attack tiles will block wolverines feral claws strike tiles, which is where the real damage comes from. Also in PvE events, the ability to reset the board becomes the difference between life and death.

3 black storm is still fine for PvP but 3 green storm is crippled for PvE.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    The problem with 5 black storm vs 5 green storm is that firstly too many attack tiles will block wolverines feral claws strike tiles, which is where the real damage comes from. Also in PvE events, the ability to reset the board becomes the difference between life and death.

Help me with this, can't I block countdown tiles by using Hailstorm to block the tiles which essentially helps a lot in PvE?

And yeah, I tend to combine it with Feral Claws cause the strike tiles stack on the damage tiles too.
  • My Modern Storm is at 4/3/2 already so I'm loath to redo her, so I'll probably go for 5/3/5 for her. I've heard good things about Classic Storm so I was wondering if I'm better off trying to farm covers for her instead?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Modern Storm is at 4/3/2 already so I'm loath to redo her, so I'll probably go for 5/3/5 for her. I've heard good things about Classic Storm so I was wondering if I'm better off trying to farm covers for her instead?

5/5/3 is the best long-term build for storm imo. I have a 5/4/4 storm, and I regret not going 5/5/3: the thing about hailstorm is that while it is a good source of dps early on, her AP generation abilities are far more useful as her damage gets outclassed.
  • Doragon wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

Help me with this, can't I block countdown tiles by using Hailstorm to block the tiles which essentially helps a lot in PvE?

And yeah, I tend to combine it with Feral Claws cause the strike tiles stack on the damage tiles too.

Eddie, even a successful blockade won't last more than a turn or two...afterwitch you'll get spammed with more tile abilties at once (NPCs would have stockpiled ap an extra turn or two)

Clearing out is always the better strat then blockadeing. (A cleared tile is ap lost and a timer reset)
  • Eddiemon
    Options
    Doragon wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

Yes but blockading is bad generally. Lets say you were getting a countdown tile every 3 turns and you maintain a blockade for 9. The minions have enough AP saved up to throw 3 countdown tiles in a row.

Before you had 3 turns to deal with a countdown before another showed up. Now you're gambling that replacement tiles aren't in the target colours or you may get a countdown tile to deal with 4 turns in a row.
  • Thanks for everyone's help that chimed in for the first iteration! I'm working towards getting my C. Storm to 5/5/3 as soon as the darn blue covers show up, as I seem to be pulling nothing but Bagman as of late. Figured I'd be conscientious and just recycle this thread with my updated roster rather than make a new thread.