Thank you, Jamie Madrox!

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Your brackets are always my favourite. You're way up there fighting the good fight for 2000 points and I sneak up and grab a 1000 point progression and scarper.
This is two times now I've ended up in your brackets and got a straight forward 1000 points. Thank you...for being you.

Comments

• That's just what happens in a busy slice - 1k is barely enough for top 50 and sometimes even top 100! They really need to rejig the placement rewards so those who actually need them can have a shot at them. It's the sacrifice you make for getting easier 1k I suppose.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    xequalsy wrote:
    That's just what happens in a busy slice - 1k is barely enough for top 50 and sometimes even top 100! They really need to rejig the placement rewards so those who actually need them can have a shot at them. It's the sacrifice you make for getting easier 1k I suppose.

Speaking purely on my own selfish position I rarely need placement rewards these days. I forget which time slices are better for those, it's 2 and 4 isn't it?

I've pretty much perfected all of the 3*s barring one or two (need more Iron Fist, badly). I just notice that Jamie always fights hard to get as high a score as possible and this elevates the really heavy fighting to a much higher score. I just breeze my way up to 1000 in those.

But yeah, I know your point. I'm glad I managed to get most of the 3*s I needed before they introduced this system. I would normally hit top 25 for a score of 700, maybe 800 before with the 1000 point being a distant and unobtainable prize. Now I can get 1000 if I time things right and end up maybe top 50 if I'm really lucky. One time recently I hit 1000 and was placed about 105th.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leagues, leagues, leagues.

Time and again, it's the same story for folks at the top, middle, and bottom of this game. Make some leagues, and everyone will be happier. Everyone.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Speaking purely on my own selfish position I rarely need placement rewards these days. I forget which time slices are better for those, it's 2 and 4 isn't it?

It's definitely not slice 4...1000 barely gets you top 100....not that I'm complaining since I'm like you and rarely need placement awards.... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    rbdragon wrote:

It's definitely not slice 4...1000 barely gets you top 100....not that I'm complaining since I'm like you and rarely need placement awards.... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Just a tip, slice 4 is very very point heavy.. if you pre-join (choosing a slice before the event starts), then yes, hitting t100 is going to be a rough go.. if you wait, like i did in Iceman (really needed those beast covers). you get a squeaky clean bracket. In slice 4, in my bracket, 1042 got me T20.

That is the only tip i have if you are looking for progression in slice 4. Easiest one to hit 1k, hardest slice to get the 3* rewards.. so it really depends on what you are after.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I actually hit Madrox twice for 70+ each. So gotta give him thx too. icon_mrgreen.gif

Yes, pre-joining will land you in death brackets usually. But if you're not concerned w/ placing first then it doesn't really matter. Personally, I'll be content w/ the 1k cover, and even the legendary token if I manage to reach 1.3 (as I did in Ice Breaker, with top 5 placement). icon_cool.gif
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    El Satanno wrote:
    Leagues, leagues, leagues.

Time and again, it's the same story for folks at the top, middle, and bottom of this game. Make some leagues, and everyone will be happier. Everyone.

Yeah leagues does seem like the logical solution and while their at it if they could see their way to adding a season pve score as well. That would be appreciated.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I apologize, but feeding Jamie's ego will soon be against the forum rules.. especially feeding it after midnight... and make sure to never get it wet. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Your brackets are always my favourite. You're way up there fighting the good fight for 2000 points and I sneak up and grab a 1000 point progression and scarper.
    This is two times now I've ended up in your brackets and got a straight forward 1000 points. Thank you...for being you.
    One thing though, the bracket did nothing to help you here, but the slice. You could be in any other bracket and the targets would be the very same.