Attack brackets

Rumbles
Rumbles Posts: 28
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I know many top tier players and tend to play at a highly competitive level myself. I do not know a single top player that likes the current system. It is ludicrous to have the top players struggle to find targets worth hitting. Anybody with 700 points can wait till the top players drop shield and pick up an easy 75 points. The player that struggled, timed shields and earned a meager 30 points per battle only to see -xxx after being hit by numerous late comers.

Instead players should only be able to target others with in a set range.
Eg: player score 500, cannot target anyone over 700
Player score 700 cannot target anyone over 1000
Player score 1000 cannot target anyone over 1500
Player score 1500 hit anyone you want and be rewarded, you worked damn hard.

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Wouldn't this just create a bloodbath at the very start of a pvp as strong players race to put as high a score on as they can and be out of reach for being hit by the majority and therefore anyone who couldn't start at the very beginning of their slice would be at a perm enact disadvantage as they would be limited in who they could attack (though you aren't clear whether people could attack down but not up).

Can't see it working myself - if you where first over a threshold you basically get a free shield but also no targets to be able to climb further - overall scoring likely to fall and d3 revenue.

Not sure I see this as a solution.

Maybe cap the max points lost from a single fight (and to address the multiple hits in 2 mins) in a 15 minute period - if all you were losing was say 15 points max for a loss then you might see more people getting towards milestones like 1000 points and shielding to make it which would drive up revenues and make players happier - plus address some of your issue.
  • You raise a valid concern. However, shouldnt the individuals who play a solid 50hr event and push for high score have an advantage over the people that play <12 hours?

As a point of note I recently compiled ~1800 points in the mystique event. I joined with under 12 hours left in my bracket and benefitted heavily from the hard work others put in.
  • alphabeta wrote:
    Can't see it working myself - if you where first over a threshold you basically get a free shield but also no targets to be able to climb further - overall scoring likely to fall and d3 revenue.

Can't see that being the case.

Say the target restriction is:
    [Max Score of Target] = ([Your Score]*1.5) + 100

All matches played by people under 1000 points actually bring the average score of the 2 players closer to 1000. Using formula quoted the bracket leader would have to be past 1600 points before you should even start becoming concerned about whether they are safe.

Even if you are concerned at this point, there is nothing to stop the second player in the bracket from climbing past 1000 or even reaching the 1600 mark themselves.

I'm not someone who ever reaches the lead of a PvP bracket, but surely a leader doesn't reach 1600 without either fighting a lot of very small points battles or having close competition?

If that formula doesn't work it could instead be
    [Max Score of Target] = ([Your Score]*1.8) + 200
    or whatever, it would just bring a little bit of control to the system.

This would mean you need to have a score around 450 to be able to target someone at 1,000, a score of about 780 to target 1600 and a score of 1,000 to target 2,000.

For all we know there may be some system like this already in place? I don't think it would change things dramatically, can players with 0 points target the leader straight out of the box? I've never seen it happen that I'm aware of.
  • players who put time (and yes, money) in should not

I'm assuming that is a typo. I don't train to run marathons but I would certainly expect people that push themselves have an advantage.