Simulator 3, Simulation 6

GMadMan040
GMadMan040 Posts: 207
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Wow...Jean Grey, Iceman & Cyclops are a ridiculously well balanced team that hurts you in a wide variety of ways (that low cost 4 turn stun coupled with the stun against match-5's is a killer). I imagine that as Iceman gets some traction, this will be a very common team to see.

Community suggestions on counters of both the 3* team and 3* plus team variety?

Comments

• Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I used Loki, Blade & LDaken, went for Cyclops first then Jean Grey.

I kept Blade and Daken and added Falcon for the next node.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I tried Marvel/Witch/Thora and failed miserably. icon_redface.gif Then switched Wanda with Natasha and it went much better.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Used Mystique Hood OBW. Matched pink and blue to build up and deny ice then unleashed blue to create black pink to let Mystique gun em down. Swapped cyc in for Mystique for surfer node.
  • my team is Mystique Hood and shehulk,easy to win,but mine all are max level
  • jdoe893
    jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    Wow...Jean Grey, Iceman & Cyclops are a ridiculously well balanced team that hurts you in a wide variety of ways (that low cost 4 turn stun coupled with the stun against match-5's is a killer). I imagine that as Iceman gets some traction, this will be a very common team to see.

Community suggestions on counters of both the 3* team and 3* plus team variety?
    WXF,hood and cage..deny blue and yellow,take out iceman first,cyke and jean
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Cap/IM40/Witch (mine is 5-4-2, based on how the covers fell). Started with Jean (she overwrites Cap's tiles, otherwise), then Cyclops and finally Iceman. If they're going to make red and blue tiles for me, I might as well use them...
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2015
    I did it with Lady Thor / Gamora / IF. IF's purple accelerates Bad Reputation, which can bust someone down in a hurry. I also went after Cyclops first, so that I'd only have to watch three colors once he was downed.

If you only have a 3* roster, I'd use CMags in place of Thor. Just be careful with his red while Jean is still up. I tried that once with a board full of TU tiles, and it cascaded for three criticals. My team was melted before the tiles stopped dropping.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    loki, patch and surfer.

the ai team literally had match 4s/5s every turn. if i didn't have loki i would have been smoked. but still, every turn. not exaggerating.
  • i use DD, XF, the hood. first try success
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I had a lot of trouble with this too, but eventually got lucky using my Surfer, 2* Storm, and Kamala Khan. Surfer tanked blue for Storm to get her stun, and he ate the Snowman stuns, which I only have his blue. Got off a Wind Storm and an Embiggened Smash and Surfer tanked a lot of hits.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    SirLanik wrote:
    I had a lot of trouble with this too, but eventually got lucky using my Surfer, 2* Storm, and Kamala Khan. Surfer tanked blue for Storm to get her stun, and he ate the Snowman stuns, which I only have his blue. Got off a Wind Storm and an Embiggened Smash and Surfer tanked a lot of hits.

I tried this and was not lucky first attempt, but second attempt I swapped in Loki for KK, and then it went ok. It's a great strategy, and I'd forgotten SS is immune to iceman's stuns. Ended up winning only by the skin of my teeth, SS last herald standing with 300 or so health, against Iceman. Thank you for the great idea!
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    4Thor, XF, Hood.

AP denial and stun.

Classic team that worked pre-nerf and still work today.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    I went in with Kamala, Cap and Hood and simply denied whatever was available. Took out Iceman first, then Jean then Cyke.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    lymang wrote:
    I tried this and was not lucky first attempt, but second attempt I swapped in Loki for KK, and then it went ok. It's a great strategy, and I'd forgotten SS is immune to iceman's stuns. Ended up winning only by the skin of my teeth, SS last herald standing with 300 or so health, against Iceman. Thank you for the great idea!

The only reason I don't use my Loki more is I still only have one green cover for him. So, he can shake the board a lot and steal all tiles, but barely puts a dent in stealing enemy AP. Glad you got it to work! Stun immune OP!
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I did it first try with Patch/Loki/Cmags & +2 G/B.

I targeted Jean first cause, well she's a nightmare. I built Black then Red/Blue/Green as it presented itself.
    Took a match-3 weakened Jean out with Cmags Magentized Particles.

Then I had to target Cyclops cause he was building Red. Loki helped tremendously to keep enemy AP in check.
    But, with Berserker -> Trickery out, it was pretty much game over.
    Iceman never even got an ability off, the little joker.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    I used XFW, Cap & Loki (actually used them for the SS node too). Took out Jean first, then Iceman, then Cyclops. Got Cap's red and blue shields going, and was able to use Surgical Strike twice. Got out relatively unscathed.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    I used Mystique, 2Torch and Loki. I'm lacking a ton of 3* covers, so I got smoked the first time I tried it. Healed up and went back in, and only took one optic blast before winning. Mystique's 7k damage black x2 and a few Fireballs was a pretty quick win since Loki procced about 40 times with the other team hitting 4-matches left and right.

I don't even want to try the Silver Surfer node after that nonsense. (edit: beat surfer with the same team. Tried to deny as much as possible but Surfer found a way to get all of his abilities off at least twice. Beat it by the skin of my teeth using a Hypersonic Punch teamup after getting off a lucky Masterstroke)
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I did it with 2* Torch, 2* Storm, and DD. Wasn't pretty, but I won. Both times it was due to Storm's yellowflag.png. AoE attacks trigger than thing that almost never used.