It's time to change 4* PvP rewards and events

Gowaderacer
Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
So far this season I have been having quite a bit of fun with the PvP's that have been scheduled: I really enjoyed the Identity Theft as I have Mystique maxed but rarely use her, Red Shift was fun and challenging and Black Panther is one of my favorite characters so Predator and Prey was great as well.

However, all of that came to a screeching halt with the Iceman PvP. It may just be the (in my opinion) terrible selection of boosted characters, but so far Ice Breaker has been just a boring slog of an event as many of the new 4* PvP's usually are.

Since I mainly play PvP exclusively and only dable in PvE for progression rewards or new characters, I almost always only secure 2 covers for a newly released 4* going into the PvP. So my options are to play with a 1/1/1/ loaner or my measly 0/0/2 character. The only other cover available in PvP before the featured 4* tourney is by getting 1st in the previous event which is almost impossible since scores usually push to at least 2000 in my bracket.

Why can't we have tiered rewards for the newly released 4* in PvP the way we have them in PvE? I'm not saying that t100 should get a 4* cover but at least move it to t50 for a 4* cover for a newly released 4*. This would make these new PvP's much more enjoyable for everyone that doesn't whale a new character immediately.

Comments

• Pvp rewards need a heavy revision.

As of now, most of the time the prizes do not reach the ones who need them, specially the top prizes. Someone who gets #1 on veteran brackets sell the cover immediately, unless it's a recent character (maybe not even that, right whales?). With the "recent" changes on the progressive prize pool (two 4* covers and later the legendary token) a lot of people aim at those prizes and anyone with a 3* roster is limited to one 3* reward for rank, sometimes not even that!

The ones that only need/want the legendary token get the ranking reward covers and they become 1500 iso in a blink, they don't need those (unless it's a recently released 3*, which we don't have for some time alredy and have no plans in the near future for those). And they push the 3* transitioners down, the unlucky ones that need those covers.

I'm in the 4* transition, still need some 3* covers and before the legendary token at 1300 I had a shot at T25 sometimes. Now I hit T50 at most and all I get is a single 3* cover, which most of the times I don't need. While I'm hitting that there's one more guy being #101 that probably needed that cover.

Just an idea of how I think it should be:

3* reward pvp
    #1 - 4* cover
    #1-20 - 3x 3* cover, iso, hp (100)
    #21-75 - 2x 3* cover, iso, hp (50)
    #76-150: 1x 3* cover, iso, hp (25)
    #151-250: heroic token, iso
    #251-400: standard token, iso
    #400-500: standard token

4* reward pvp
    #1 - legendary token
    #1-10 - 3x 4* cover, iso, hp (100)
    #11-50 - 2x 4* cover, iso, hp (50)
    #51-100 - 1x 4* cover, iso, hp (25)
    #101-150 - 3* cover, iso
    #151-200 - heroic token, iso
    #201-350 - standard token, iso
    #351-500: standard token

(I had this ready to post and forgot to make a new thread, so I here it goes)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moving to Suggestions and Feedback.

Not speaking as a moderator, I agree that PvP prizes and new 4* availability need an overhaul.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw a nice suggestion by someone who plays at a high level. He said he feels obligated to aim for high points, but would like the option of giving up his placement to someone else if he doesn't need the placement awards.