game integrity (or, when the game decides you're going to lo

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I know people are tired of 'whining' threads, but i need to get this off my chest. and that is the instances where the game basically has decided you're going to lose. we've all experienced it. but in a game where it's supposed to be random, i don't see how things can end up so lop-sided in favour of one team.

playing pvp match, i was in a situation where my loaner iceman was downed (5300 health), silver surfer was down to 700 health (from 12,000) and cyclops was down another 5000 health (from 11,000).

the other team, down 3000 health. total. that's a cumulative total of approx. 22,000 to 3000...

and of course it was a milestone match that would have put me up to 800 points.

even on the most unlucky of randomness, how is this possible?

to boot, won my next match to put me within striking distance of 800 again, and then the next match, another 'random' blowout in a relatively easy winnable match.

conveniently losing a milestone twice in a row? and many other times besides those two. really?

Comments

• It's like being ahead in Mario kart... You never want to be ahead lol
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Sometimes I feel it happens when you get near rewards too. I was 29 points away from winning the heroic 10 pack. After winning and thinking I was finally there for the season, I lost 156 pts while I was in that battle. I decided it was time to stop playing for the day after that.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know right? I also hate when the game decides it's time for me to win and I get crazy cascades in my favor! Cmon d3 please address player cascades and luck as well.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    The game isn't designed for you to win, its designed for you to lose. You can aleviate this with HP. Just look at how rewards are placed. Only top 100 get x, top 50 get y, and 1 person gets z. They want to make sure most of the people lose, and only a few win.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just remember it is personal. The game is out to get you. MPQ has you on a special list, and hopefully one day they will be generous enough to let you off that list. For now just remember they know who you are, and where you live. Just be happy they only are messing with you in MPQ.
  • I know people whine about this a ton and all, but it got me thinking "Oh, what if there was SOME way to alleviate it?"

To which I ponder, what if one of these sorts of games had like, a set, pregenerated and limited amount of "Next Tile Up" views? Like, you could see upwards past the Playing Area for like, 50 rows or however many you'd need for a match.

Then you'd have no excuse about luck screwing you or whatnot. Just your own laziness in calculating all those drops. icon_razz.gif
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    jredd wrote:
    even on the most unlucky of randomness, how is this possible?

Unfortunately you answered your own question here. In the wide distribution of possible game outcome, the worst is possible.

I once downed a 3* team all outleveling me in 30 seconds and a few very lucky cascade. In the grand scheme of things, the tiny kitty always hits the fan somewhere.