PVE: Thick as Thieves (September 28 - October 2)

Options
2»

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    27K after not quite one clear of The Meeting -- Legendary Token probably out of reach, right?
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As if the Business Partners node wasn't going to be tough enough as is at lvl 326, it doesn't help when its "Lucktoberfest". I've wiped 6 times here without really being close to winning. Maxed Cyc/Loki/ + Mysty or Cage or Doc Doom...didn't matter.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    As if the Business Partners node wasn't going to be tough enough as is at lvl 326, it doesn't help when its "Lucktoberfest". I've wiped 6 times here without really being close to winning. Maxed Cyc/Loki/ + Mysty or Cage or Doc Doom...didn't matter.

I think of Business Partners as the original 4* DDQ except you didn't win anything but 20 ISO lol

Anyways, mine was scaled to lvl 295, I used fully covered lvl 120 Hulk, Daken, and IF. Target Hood first, always have Hulk infront, his Anger goes off quite a bit, I destroyed Hood in about 4 turns between IF's Attack tile with Daken's Strikes and a few Hulk Claps. Magneto was actually tough because the next turn he released his shields which negated all damage to 1. By the end I only lost Daken and a very hurt Hulk, IF lost no damage.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Business Partners is lvl 326, and Who is level 252. I cleared them both with Surfer 270 (red), Cyclops 137 (2/5/4, not ideal), Loki 114 (4/2/3, also pretty meh). Wiped once to a HUGE cascade in Who, otherwise did ok. I got my token and I should be guaranteed top 150 in my bracket, might have to work a bit more to get top 50 for hp in sub though.
  • How many points is each clear of the final sub worth? The third sub is ending for me tonight and I want to gauge how much grinding I need to do on that sub in order to stay on track for the legendary token.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Krognar wrote:
    How many points is each clear of the final sub worth? The third sub is ending for me tonight and I want to gauge how much grinding I need to do on that sub in order to stay on track for the legendary token.

The first clear is roughly 6.5k with about 1k of that being one-time fights.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any other teams for business partners? Tried both surfer/cyc/Loki and hulk/daken/IF and was handily served. My levels are at 346!
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any other teams for business partners? Tried both surfer/cyc/Loki and hulk/daken/IF and was handily served. My levels are at 346!
    Before my IF was fully online, I'd always use some combo with daken against hood. Need to get rid of him first and as fast as possible, and those strike tiles make every hit count a bit more. Blade would work too if given a proper board.

I thought SS didn't impact scaling? My business partners are at 326....
  • Akari
    Options

I actually almost lost Business Partners (SS/Cyc/Loki), but the order was Hood>Ares>Ragnarok, saving Full Blast for when there were plenty of red on the board. At the end I only won because I had 30 black and there were less than 9 red on the board, letting me use it twice for desperation damage. Try using +yellow/red damage so that Cyclops can make them hurt with every use of Mutant Revolutionary.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Business Partners can go shove a flaming porcupine up it's urethra.
  • Probably because I'm so far behind (not been caring about PVE lately), Business Partners hasn't been an issue.
    :cyclops: 185
    icon_hulk.png 166
    icon_deadpool.png X-Force 156

Scaling also not an issue

21663032969_ef5ff1ee58_c.jpg
  • Akari
    Options
    After reading OJSP's feedback to my post, I had the wrong one. For Hood/Magneto, same team but deny blue. Magnetized Projectiles does 9000 damage (which Surfer can survive, but it won't be fun after that). It hurts because I have no outlet for blue AP, but Surfer does do 450 damage with a blue match so it's not AS bad.

Edit: I guess I don't really understand PvE. All my nodes went up 20 levels, including Business Partners. Sometimes it stays there, sometimes it goes back down... why?
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    since both icon_cyclops.png and icon_daredevil.png are boosted, I would try them with icon_silversurfer.png . If icon_silversurfer.png tanks any of his colours (especially redtile.png ), even better.. (I just checked, he should tank all 3 colours.. even at 255)

Try putting Ambush traps ASAP and only collecting redtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.png or bluetile.png (in that order) if there are less than 9 of them on the board. Aim for icon_hood.png first.

This worked like a charm. Actually, everyone barely got any damage...could've been a good board, but still. Surfer as a tank helped me breeze through this last node clear. Thanks again!
  • Akari
    Options
    I just cleared it again at 346 with Surfer Cyclops Loki, used yellow/red AP+2 and damage+30% (arbitrary number). I guess it just comes down to if you can get yellow/red and start the cycle before they get blue, since Magnetized Projectiles did over 11000 damage and oneshotted everyone. Denying blue helps until they get a couple lucky cascades, at which point you go all in and blow up what you can before you die.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so glad I ground hard last night and I can comfortably skip those last 2 nodes. don't feel like banging my head on that.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Came here to check to see if others had the insane scaling at the end of this slice, it appears they do. With having two 166 characters, and everyone else lower (none of my boosted match this) staring at these super high level Mag/Hood and Hood/Ares/Rag, at least I know I'm not alone in them more than doubling my highest level characters.

And I'm not even doing well this event... I'm ranked 261 for it.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    learn no matter what never give up icon_e_smile.gif i was in 3rd up to day 3, the person in 2nd all of a sudden just stopped playing in the middle of the 3rd stage. Was able to past the yesterday and was able to cement my 2nd slot today.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing against hood is brutal when you can't bring your own. Then to give him 10k+ health, ouch. I haven't lost yet, but the matches take forever and are guaranteed health pack sucks.