Could ATTACK tiles be renamed to PUNCH tiles?

Apostrophe
Apostrophe Posts: 14
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I always get confused between Attack tiles and Strike tiles. I always have check the tiles on the board to remember which is which.

Because of the icon and the sound effect, I think it might make it easier for everyone to remember which is which if Attack tiles were called Punch tiles.

That's all icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easy way to remember, attack tiles attack whether you you do or not.. like if your team is stunned, attack tiles go off.. like attack dogs..

Strike tiles, add to your strike, which means you need to take action.

As far as punch tiles.. i am sure that will be a tile eventually, but probably won't replace any of the current.
  • me too, often mistaken strike tile with attack tile vice versa, because there's protect tile(mindset attack/protect)
  • I feel like Attack tiles are named appropriately. Sure, the logo is a fist but for example on Psylocke's black they are supposed to represent bleeding so Attack is probably a more appropriate approximation than Punch tiles.

If any renaming is to be done, perhaps would be better to call Strike tiles Power tiles instead?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grantosium wrote:
    I feel like Attack tiles are named appropriately. Sure, the logo is a fist but for example on Psylocke's black they are supposed to represent bleeding so Attack is probably a more appropriate approximation than Punch tiles.

If any renaming is to be done, perhaps would be better to call Strike tiles Power tiles instead?
    Or maybe enhance tiles, or damage tiles?

I've also thought that they could simplify some of the power descriptions by making tile categories:

Offense tiles: attack and strike tiles

Defense tiles: protect and invisibility tiles

Then, a power like Jean Grey's that can convert "attack, strike, protect, invisibility, or countdown" tiles could be said to convert "offense, defense, or countdown" tiles.

If they wanted, they could add future tile types to one of the existing four categories (countdown, trap, offense, or defense) or leave them out of the categories -- like Ultron's bombs or (apparently) Silver Surfer's black hole (which should probably be a countdown, IMO).
  • Amplifier tiles or Enhance tiles are good names.

Two people here seem to agree on Damage tiles as a new name. I think they're all better names for differentiating from attack.