Iceman vault vs Venom vault

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Both contain 80 items
Both contain 1 token_legendary.png
Both contain 3 Iceman covers
Venom you could earn 2 pulls from progression, 3 from sub placement, 3 from alliance sub placement
Iceman you can earn 3 pulls from progression...

Comments

• Huh, and there are exactly 3 Moonstone's in my vault. Coincidence? I think not.
  • SodaPopinski
    SodaPopinski Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I do not have a vault for Iceman. Why does this keep happening!!!!

I did not have the juggs vault from his last heroic when the guy sitting next to me at work did have it. I like the vault format. To have a finite amount of rewards is always preferable in my opinion. Provided it is not a 1,000 item vault or more.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    I do not have a vault for Iceman. Why does this keep happening!!!!

for goodness sake why do they continue to A/B test this or alternative players on vaults. The point was to see data of old system vs. new vault system.

it's clear most ppl like the 80 item vault vs old garbage tokens. no real reason to keep doing this
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Venom vault only had 1 Iceman cover. Mine did, anyway. Not that it matters, since I didn't pull any 4* rewards from it.
  • mjh wrote:

for goodness sake why do they continue to A/B test this or alternative players on vaults.

They probably can't build a sufficient financial model to prove anything from one test, or even two. If they test enough to show they lose money on the vault, they probably won't implement it, and vice versa. If people are buying vault tokens left and right, but don't do the same on random tokens, one will win out. This likely has nothing to do with what the players like or want.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Both contain 80 items
    Venom you could earn 2 pulls from progression, 3 from sub placement, 3 from alliance sub placement

The Venom vault, as previously mentioned, only had 1 Iceman cover. Also you still get the discounted HP tokens as well if you wish to spend.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    you still get the discounted HP tokens as well if you wish to spend.
    My point was you could earn 2.5x free pulls with Venom
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    I am missing both my iceman vault and my off-cycle vault. What gives?
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Nope, no vaults for me for either venom or iceman.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a thread on this in Bugs and Technical Issues. I saw the same behavior this morning, but it has since started behaving again. You may want to completely close and restart the app.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    There's a thread on this in Bugs and Technical Issues. I saw the same behavior this morning, but it has since started behaving again. You may want to completely close and restart the app.

It worked, thanks!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    vemon had 1 iceman dont knwo where your getting 3 at
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Both contain 80 items

Top 2 players could earn 6 from sub placement.
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I dont know what should i say about this but i feel stupid when i try to trace the pattern of the vault today.
    Personally i think there is really a very significant pattern when the no. of covers in the vault is relatively small. Lets say the pattern is like this: X,X1,X2(Falcon),X3,X4(Legendary token). Basically it repeats over and over in a single draw. I follow this pattern and i click on X2(Falcon) and the vault really stops at X4 but it gives me a She-hulk. I tested several times and the results are the same - the pattern is fixed and unchanged until i click on it. I dont know whether someone experiences things like this. Just want to share my personal experience...
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    OJSP wrote:
    TOFU3 wrote:
    I dont know what should i say about this but i feel stupid when i try to trace the pattern of the vault today.
    Personally i think there is really a very significant pattern when the no. of covers in the vault is relatively small. Lets say the pattern is like this: X,X1,X2(Falcon),X3,X4(Legendary token). Basically it repeats over and over in a single draw. I follow this pattern and i click on X2(Falcon) and the vault really stops at X4 but it gives me a She-hulk. I tested several times and the results are the same - the pattern is fixed and unchanged until i click on it. I dont know whether someone experiences things like this. Just want to share my personal experience...

There's no definite way to get a specific reward out of the vault. The developers have said that the animation was just for aesthetics purpose only. However, I have personally noticed, with a 3* reward or less, what is given to us is consistent with the last icon that the vault shows and it follows the sequence.

It's possible that when we time the icon to stop for 4* rewards, the icons could switch to a different one.
    Thanks for answering my question icon_lol.gif It makes me feel better but i still feel so stupid to spend time recording the pattern icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Huh, and there are exactly 3 Moonstone's in my vault. Coincidence? I think not.

Half-Life 3 Confirmed!
  • much better, but i don't want spend hp for gambling or even guaranteed but with more hp, hp hard to get i prefer spend for. . . . .roster slot

free/casual-player dilemma