MRF healing bug

Buret0
Buret0 Posts: 1,591
Normally if you have two tiles matched in a single move, his ability only triggers once. However, I made a corner match five against an opponent's MRF and he healed twice.

blacktile.pngblacktile.pngredcrit.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.png
strike.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.png
blacktile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.png
blacktile.pngblacktile.pngstrike.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.png

So the crit tile made a match five, but it was counted as two match 3s... is this working as intended?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    Normally if you have two tiles matched in a single move, his ability only triggers once. However, I made a corner match five against an opponent's MRF and he healed twice.

blacktile.pngblacktile.pngredcrit.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.png
    strike.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.png
    blacktile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.png
    blacktile.pngblacktile.pngstrike.pngblacktile.pngblacktile.png

So the crit tile made a match five, but it was counted as two match 3s... is this working as intended?

I am going to say yes, only because Doc Oc does the same with his passive when i match away 2 tiles, in separate lines on a corner match. If 2 of the tiles were in the same line, it would only go once.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

I am going to say yes, only because Doc Oc does the same with his passive when i match away 2 tiles, in separate lines on a corner match. If 2 of the tiles were in the same line, it would only go once.
    I'm going to say no. The logic they used for the two characters has the same flaw.

Moderator fight!!!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

I'm going to say no. The logic they used for the two characters has the same flaw.

Moderator fight!!!

Think of it like this, if the corner match was instead a line of red with 1 tile, and a line of blue with another.. moving the crit into the corner spot makes 2 separate match 3's.. which means 2 separate matches of an enemy tile, so the passive goes off twice.

The descriptions do not say "each tile" but they also do not limit them to once per turn, they "matching" , so 2 tiles in 1 line = 1 passive, 1 tile each in 2 different lines = 2 passives.

If it isn't working as intended, i hope they don't fix it.. more times than not, the AI does not make those matches, so they generally favor the player.