Who ya got?

Handoftheking26
Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
My roster is getting decent, although nowhere near scary. But I know LOTS of people understand and are better at this game than I am. So my question is: What's your favorite team? When you absolutely have to win a match, which 3 characters names are called? I understand that the situation can dictate different match-ups, and I am abysmal at recognizing epic combos. So if you would like to post your favorite for all those scenarios feel free. But if it was one match, and your opponent was a mystery, who ya got? icon_e_smile.gif

My roster still tops out with 166ers, and my IF is low level, so I'd have to go with 3*Thor, 3*Mags, Blade.....(But Cage, Groot and Deadpool is pretty fun). Thanks for any input icon_e_ugeek.gif

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very situational, depends on PVP or PVE, and who the opponent is.

We have an entire thread devoted to just this topic, check it out, its a fun one, and many great ideas.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32583

not going to lock this one yet, i would love to see the above post get more attention, it is a wealth of tactics, toss your post in the existing one and join in the fun!
  • Despite just lacking a fully covered SW, Cmags and Quicksilver, I still swear by my Patches, Loki, DP team (pre and post green addition to Loki). Even though I covered my LThor pretty early on in my 3* transition, I was never a big fan of how slow he was.

Loki + Patches is always great synergy with Patches since I could turn any match into easy mode with green into black. DP is just icing on the cake because his red benefits from Patches' tiles after the initial 65% hit so it hits like a truck and easily downs characters and if I'm able to save up for whales, I can green -> red 1 enemy -> red 2nd enemy -> whales and finish off the guy who's limping.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Depends on my mood and what I'm up against. If I absolutely, positively HAVE to win, and do so with minimal damage, my fall back is Charlie's Angels (Professor X, Scarlet Witch and 3* Black Widow) If one or more of them are locked out, its usually Hulkbuster/Iron Fist (the 3rd doesnt really matter...) or Cyclops/Thoress/Loki. And of course, there's always the Hulk-Bomb: Hulk/Patch/Daken.

Some fun ones I've come up with over the last few months since maxing out all the 3* characters and dipping my toe into 4* land include:

Doc Ock/Carnage/Bullseye or Daken
    Doc Ock/Elektra/Patch
    Professor X/Quicksilver/2* Magneto
    Professor X/Iron Fist/Mohawk Storm
    3* Cap/Hood/Starlord (amazing vs. goons)
    Iron Fist/Daken or Blade/Falcon (fastest team ever vs. trivial nodes in PvE)
    Daredevil/Nick Fury/Quicksilver (It's A Trap!!)
    Kamala Khan/Professor X/Devil Dino
    Scarlet Witch/Kingpin/Hood

I can't wait till I get X-Force Deadpool to a usable state, as Countdown to What into Surgical Strike seems like a fun time...
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I'm finally to the point where I have 11 fully leveled 3* characters covered how I want them. Ten thousand more iso and Luke Cage will join themas my 12th. Situation dictates what I use of course but I really like

3* Captain America
    3* Captain Marvel
    2* Black Widow for DDQ and all other survival nodes

3* Kamala Khan
    3* Magneto
    3* Cyclops for simulator and most non-essential PvE nodes in general

The roster I'm up against dictates what I do of course but I use 3* Thor, Hood, Black Panther, Luke Cage and Deadpool a lot as well as those other six. I try to go for having each color covered.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    question - if you have both dd and fury traps out and the opponent matches one, what processes? does the system know its a fury trap and pops those or does it pop (including dds) all regardless or does fury's traps get processed like daredevil's? I could see something going wrong there with how that happens.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    For DDQ, I run with Luke/Fist/Witch. (Witch is the only one not maxed, and she's close.) Accumulate during the goons (and fire Fist's purpletile.png while it still generates black), then unleash the kraken in the character rounds. On a good day, Fist by himself can wipe out the three chars. On a bad day they get a round off. And of course the boring old Ares/Mags/Storm team for the 2* rounds -- which isn't the only 2* team that can handle the nodes, but which is definitely the quickest.

PvP is totally situational based on the featured, because I don't have any 4*s well covered. Cyclops and Cage feature a lot, though. (Down side: the AI is TERRIBLE at using Luke.)

PvE: usually a smorgasbord of currently buffed chars. Otherwise, Cyclops and R&G plus whomever. Or 3* Thor.

If I have even the slightest excuse to use Squirrel Girl, I'm all over it.

Sometimes I get a little bored and use "actual" team-up teams, like Falcon/Wolverine/Witch (Super Hero Squad!) or Witch/Quicksilver/Mags, even if they aren't actually all that compatible...
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    From Season Simulator perspective. If I'm going with 3*s, my top team from defensive and offensive perspective:

Cyc/SW/IF

SW auto loads up IF with purple. You end up with 15 pretty quickly. Then the match gets punchy and blasty pretty quick.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Oh, another fun one: Daken/Falcon/Thor, and just hammer away at green and yellow. You'll look up all of a sudden and notice, "hey, I'm doing like 1200 match damage...."
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    My funnest team right now is Hulkbuster/Carnage/ProfX. Boost and get blue/purple right away. Then used invis X to buff protect and attack tiles to kingdom come. I think my highest so far is 5000 damage worth of attack tiles a turn. And giving the enemy their own attack tiles doesn't matter if you have buffed protect tiles.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lacking any kind of imagination I go with 2* Magneto, 2* Storm and The Hood for season Simulator just for the laughs when they take down full on Hulkbuster/Iron Fist combinations.

My go to Deadpools Daily team is Black Panther, Super Soldier Steve Rogers and Falcon. 4 blue AP and the countdown tiles are dealt with no problems and by the time waves 2 and 4 come round I usually have enough AP stored to just wipe the opposition with Rage Of The Panther twice or Steve's red shields.

I do have a certain affection for 3* Captain America, 3* Black Widow and The Hood, just a real shame The Hood really does have a glass chin.
  • Juggernaut, bagman, sentry
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    My go-to team is Jean Grey, Deadpool (Xforce) and Black Panther. Loads of damage, enough special tiles for a decent boost without making myself super vulnerable to tile steals, and three beefy AOE powers (4 if you count JG's passive, though I like that more for the stun). And Deadpool can headchop anyone that survives the AOE inferno.

Cyclops gets swapped in for Panther when I need more single target power or giving the other team AP could backfire hard enough to make me lose.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:
    question - if you have both dd and fury traps out and the opponent matches one, what processes? does the system know its a fury trap and pops those or does it pop (including dds) all regardless or does fury's traps get processed like daredevil's? I could see something going wrong there with how that happens.

Shockingly, I've never actually had it happen. I agree, seems like it might break the matrix...
  • Got to finally play with icon_deadpool.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_kingpin.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png team and that's fun running countdown for what, maggia pawns, wilson's gambit, and surgical strike. Throw in out of bullets for good measure and it's a lot of fun.

Usually i play DP 3 or 4, BP, and Ant Man oddly enough.

Still trying to figure out strategy.
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Love my Cyke/Kamala/Daredevil in sim. Cheap powers for lots of heal, Cyke yellow makes DD red viable, and AI even does OK with it. Great for DDQ as well, lots of time to get a million traps out.
  • Splarne wrote:
    Juggernaut, bagman, sentry

LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

For me, it depends. 2 star? Storm, Magneto, Thor.

I have loaded cage and iron fist, and they go well together plus a third ( say a loaded steve rogers ). For the DDq type final matches I use wolverine XF, Steve Rogers ans Storm mohawk. Truth be told you should select a few top tier 3 stars to load up, and then focus on getting the rest of them upgraded to at least 120.

For me I have loaded XF, wolv, hulk, IF, Cage, Magneto ( 2 and 3 *), Loki, Patch, Storm ( 2 and 3 *), hood, psylocke, human torch, thor ( 2 and 3 *), Kamala kahn, punisher, blade, black widow ( 2 and 3 *), gamora, falcon, deadpool, cyclops, captain marvel with many others decently upgraded.

In my opinion, the BEST 3 star characters to load up would be cage, IF, kamala kahn, magneto, loki, patch, hulk, rogers, thor, cyclops. Hood is good for some occasions and grey suit black widow can be very nasty.

You'll find quickly that between PVP levels, PVE levels, active enemies ( superheroes and villains ), passive enemies ( thugs / robots / ninjas ), tanks, offensive characters, defensive characters, the ideal lineup varies.

Depending on your cover draws, money spent, time invested - pick a few favorites to upgrade, and try to get a wide stable of decently upgraded folks - leaning / focusing on a few KEY ones, lots more soso ones, while ignoring the rest.