The Next 4* Should Be A Villain.

Options
2»

Comments

• Apocalypse could be 4* and his 4 horsemen could be 3*'s. All combos of them could have different synergies. It would be a good way to keep the villains fresh. It would also be an epic episode... 4 episodes, each episode featuring each a horsemen then finally ending with the 5th episode with Apocalypse. Money maker I say if I was MPQ. Too bad this is Dark Reign though...
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Celerity wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Celerity wrote:
    My honest prediction, the next 4* will be Deadpool.
    Ugh, Deadpool should be 2 or 3 stars, tops. He's not that powerful, he's just ubiquitous.

Invisible Woman and Wolverine are hardly two of the strongest characters in the Marvel universe.

I think they made IW the first 4* because her abilities are unique, and Wolverine because he's such a huge fan favorite. In the end, it's very beneficial for them to make 4*'s that people will work hard (and spend money) to obtain. Since Deadpool is by far the most requested character, it makes sense that he would be a 4*.

Deadpool is the new wolverine. Highly overrated. X force wolvie shouldnt even be, let alone a 4* and DD should have been a 2*.

So you are right about wolverine, He's pure popularity. But IW is hands down the deadliest member of the Fantastic 4 and she is often regarded -in continuity- as the one of most powerful characters in the Marvel U. Don't let Jessica Albas lame acting fool you. If you're going after the FF, you better kill her 1st.

2w71qm8.jpg

as for 4*? Overall i vote Ultron. But odds are we will see Evil sentry. as he was in the Dark Reign saga.
  • So you are right about wolverine, He's pure popularity. But IW is hands down the deadliest member of the Fantastic 4 and she is often regarded -in continuity- as the one of most powerful characters in the Marvel U. Don't let Jessica Albas lame acting fool you. If you're going after the FF, you better kill her 1st.

None of the Fantastic Four are particularly powerful in Marvel canon; they usually beat more powerful enemies by outwitting them. When you're talking about a universe with characters who can shatter planets, manipulate the fabric of reality, and move at light speed, her abilities are pretty tame overall.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Celerity wrote:
    So you are right about wolverine, He's pure popularity. But IW is hands down the deadliest member of the Fantastic 4 and she is often regarded -in continuity- as the one of most powerful characters in the Marvel U. Don't let Jessica Albas lame acting fool you. If you're going after the FF, you better kill her 1st.

None of the Fantastic Four are particularly powerful in Marvel canon; they usually beat more powerful enemies by outwitting them. When you're talking about a universe with characters who can shatter planets, manipulate the fabric of reality, and move at light speed, her abilities are pretty tame overall.
    icon_rolleyes.gif By that logic You probably think that superman is a lightweight because the somewhere out there the Anti-Monotor can collapse whole universes...

Within the context of the Dark Reign Saga and within the confines of the average superhero/villain situation, she is a power player. Her 4* status is apt.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Within the context of the Dark Reign Saga and within the confines of the average superhero/villain situation, she is a power player. Her 4* status is apt.
    Don't forget Malice, I don't read comics much but I saw that animated episode where Sue rocked a dominatrix costume and owned the rest of FF combined hands down.
    I wonder if she can be any good on defense though if you can just run oBW or the Hood against her and steal all of her AP.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Screw 4*, make a 5* Thano with 5 color abilities oh yeah
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Screw 4*, make a 5* Thano with 5 color abilities oh yeah

5 colors abilities would break the team balancing mechanic. That's the beauty of the 3 character team with between 2 & 3 abilities each. How much redundancy do you want, and what if any colors will you have no use for? It's not just the powers you charcters have.
  • razuya
    razuya Posts: 13
    Options
    If next 4* is to be a villain then thanos. Don't know about the dark reign story line (includes the whole universe?) but given the teaser at the end of the avengers movie credits it would be a good marketing strategy.

Give him 5 potential powers (one for each of the infinity gems - see the infinity saga) and players choose 3 from the 5!!!
  • Characters that would be game changing and possibly A 4* ?

Sentry
    Dark phoenix
    Beyonder
    Apocalypse
    Thanos
    Emma frost
    Deadpool
  • I love the idea of Iron Patriot coming out; Norman Osborne is the key villain and the game has centered pretty squarely on Iron Man from the beginning...it only seems logical that they introduce a Dark Avengers Iron Man. Also, they could give him yellow and blue powers and widen the hell out of the DA rainbow.

That being said, Void might be a better 4* character. Could build a pretty epic introductory PVE chapter for him (although it might be hard to do without first introducing Sentry).
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moon 17 wrote:
    I love the idea of Iron Patriot coming out; Norman Osborne is the key villain and the game has centered pretty squarely on Iron Man from the beginning...it only seems logical that they introduce a Dark Avengers Iron Man. Also, they could give him yellow and blue powers and widen the hell out of the DA rainbow.

That being said, Void might be a better 4* character. Could build a pretty epic introductory PVE chapter for him (although it might be hard to do without first introducing Sentry).

If they go with Osborne, I'd be really disappointed if they didn't go Green Goblin. I could do without another tin man.
  • Was he Green Goblin during the Dark Reign saga? I haven't really read a lot of Avengers titles, let alone parts of that storyline. I only like him as Iron Patriot because I know that's how he started leading the DA.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moon 17 wrote:
    Was he Green Goblin during the Dark Reign saga? I haven't really read a lot of Avengers titles, let alone parts of that storyline. I only like him as Iron Patriot because I know that's how he started leading the DA.

There is an awesome storyline in the Thunderbolts comic that, I think takes place during DR called Caged Angels where Osborn becomes the Green Goblin again.

And I'm not sure, character-wise, how restricted they are to the DR storyline. Thor is Marvel NOW and I believe there are some other exceptions, as well.
  • Celerity wrote:

Well, the cosmic marvel characters like Dark Phoenix and Silver Surfer are on another level.

But as far as "Marvel Manhattan" characters (Avengers, FF, X-Men, Heroes for Hire/Defenders types) she's been explicitly stated to be up there with Thor and Scarlet Witch. Heck, there was a "what-if" story where she went on a rampage and was murdering villains effortlessly by crushing their hearts with force fields... makes her seem a bit less tame. /derail
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think a decent 4* that would fit into what is going on and not super powerful or godlike and a nice movie tie in...Winter Soldier.

Otherwise go the Wolvierine route and make a 2*, 3* and 4* Magneto