Frustrations

greenglove
greenglove Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
To anyone who is interested, I want it to be official that it is not just newbies or 2* folks who are frustrated. I have a roster of 9 finished 4* characters and about 23 finished 3* star characters. Lately, the nodes have become unbelievably, ridiculously hard. On a node marked "normal" (!), I tried it with two teams of completely finished 4* star characters and got creamed. This was in the recently started simulation pve. I am not a dumb player. I have a pretty good eye for strategy. The characters I fought were lvl 252. I had level 270 characters and it wasn't even close. In my opinion, the simulation pve's and the gauntlet pve's are absolutely horrible, and need to be completely ditched. I don't have as much of a problem with the dpd quests as others have. But the simulation pve, the gauntlet pve, and the horrible way that pvp is happening at the moment leave me much more frustrated than I ever used to be. It feels to me that even the fully completely 4* star teams are no longer enough to do the nodes, and there doesn't seem to be much benefit at all right now in even having finished 4* star teams. It's like this: you work hard to finish your 4* teams and then that allows you to fight much more difficult opponents, but with no more chance of winning than before. All the nodes have become ridiculously more difficult, presumably because now I am going to need 5* teams to defeat these nodes. And this is only round one of simulations!

Comments

• My frustration right now is with a mistake upgrade I did. I upgraded Venom's purple to lvl 5 and really wanted to keep him at 4, for that power. Apparently that can't be undone. It took a while for me to collect all those covers (had black power maxed). Now I have to collect all 5 blacks and 4 purples again to have venom the way I like him? Ummm... no. I quit.
  • @greenglove

that's really interesting to hear such a statement from a player like you. It shows pretty good where the problem with MPQ is at the moment. And where will it go in future?

@Abel nothing to say about your claiming about venom. What about using him no more? There are characters who are really better than... 1*-Venom. icon_lol.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    My frustration right now is with a mistake upgrade I did. I upgraded Venom's purple to lvl 5 and really wanted to keep him at 4, for that power. Apparently that can't be undone. It took a while for me to collect all those covers (had black power maxed). Now I have to collect all 5 blacks and 4 purples again to have venom the way I like him? Ummm... no. I quit.
    Venom's honestly not that great, you'll move into 2* characters soon and never look back at him.