Borrowing characters for essential nodes

Not sure if this is useful. But I was thinking that a person without an essential character for a PVE can actually pay a fee in HP/ISO to actually loan that character for a sub. This character has to be recruited into your roster slots and it will expire once the sub is over.

It will help a long way to getting the points in the essential nodes and people will be able to hit progression easier.

Just a suggestion

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has been suggested before, and i for one, would love a loaner in the 4* essentials for some of them. But , if a loaner is given out, what would be the incentive for people to grind for new releases to get a leg up in the next event?
  • As Malcrof said, definitely has been suggested and to his point, it does sort of break the hamster wheel of forcing people to grind for new characters and giving them that advantage on the next PVE. Having said that, since it seems to be all 4* all the time now, I think it should be something they do maybe for 2*/3* character essentials since 1) 2* is a tier a lot of players do not want to keep rostered just for the sake of essentials and 2) There are a lot of 3*'s out there and not a lot of ways to get them nowadays unless you've been around a long time or get lucky with DDQ and get a couple covers that way.

Or, instead of just a single 2 and 3 * essential, let players choose from a small group of them perhaps.
  • We can always do it at the costs of the shields in PVE, and not everyone can keep up with the HP cost of renting those characters.

Secondly, the characters have to take up your roster spot and will be 1 covered. You still have to make spot for it. and it will expire after the time duration(similar to how shields work)