Recent Meet Rocket & Groot PVE Question

HxiiiK
HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I will be posting a few screenshots in a spoiler tab to illustrate my point in the matter

To clear the air, I am not calling the person a cheater, but I am genuinely curious where he got all the points from

Like most people, I do my 4 rotations per day (except the 2 day ones of course) with a full clear at the end. Often not full, but enough to keep me where I want to be, which is #2. But after the 2 day sub, this guy just sped past me in points, gaining a 5k lead off me out of nowhere. (do note that this is after he did worse than me in 'Luck be a Lady', with me hitting a good 3k lead off him)

So I continued as usual, then he hit his HUGE 5k lead in the middle of the sub, I was under the impression that he was just overclearing, however, at the sub's end, he was maintaining that same lead from me, even though I was already grinding out all my nodes to 1 or 2 clears left (no way I could get 3k points off those)

So I really am genuinely wondering where the hell all those points came from, and if i did anything wrong

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated; I'm a bit bummed that I didn't place 2nd, but I did slip a little due to extremely busy work schedules that I am unable to completely grind down those nodes in Luck be a Lady, but I still managed to beat him in the sub score, so I'm just trying to figure this thing out
2015-09-20%2015.52.01_zpskcr0cqkg.png
2015-09-21%2001.30.56_zpsz8cjxkmy.png
2015-09-21%2014.20.02_zpsslswm5h8.png
2015-09-22%2015.28.33_zps8bdeyfo1.png
2015-09-20%2015.51.52_zpsawoptgii.png

Comments

• This guy finished #1 by 3000 points, seems achievable to me... nothing seems too out of the ordinary

except your claim that most people do 4 clears a day then a full clear at the end

jeez louise, is that what it takes to beat a pve with 1 useful reward
  • HxiiiK
    This guy finished #1 by 3000 points, seems achievable to me... nothing seems too out of the ordinary

except your claim that most people do 4 clears a day then a full clear at the end

jeez louise, is that what it takes to beat a pve with 1 useful reward

yeap, honestly I don't know why I still show such dedication but I still do for new PvE cover releases

anyway the odd part was just out of nowhere, and it's during the last 24 hours, that he just boosted quite a bit till I'm unable to catch up.. I find that rather odd
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    This guy finished #1 by 3000 points, seems achievable to me... nothing seems too out of the ordinary
    He means the Furos fellow who did get an influx of points that seems a bit extraordinary. I too don't think he cheated but it is a bit surprising to come up with 3000 or 5000 points when doing optimum.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just chiming in on this. First off, if you suspect anyone of cheating, make sure to report it properly. (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2789)

Secondly, all it takes is 10 minutes. I have lost a top spot by starting a clear 10 minutes late. If the person in question was doing optimals with hard grinds at the end, especially in R&G, 5k points could take less than 1/2 an hour, and if he had all nodes at full points, grinding them all down to 0 as fast as he could, can give untold numbers of points.

Did you get a good look at their roster? The PVE monsters tend to be leveled very evenly, 3* and 4* alike.. to maximize health packs, so they can have 3 or 4 A teams and do 2 or more clears without ever touching a health pack.. enabling them to grind heavy points quickly.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm assuming the 54309 is the end of the 2nd sub.
    I'm also assuming 70029 is your final score.

That's 15720 for the final sub, which isn't anywhere near optimal. Top final scores, IIRC, were around 27-28k for the final sub.

I stand corrected if the 43096 was your end of 2 sub. That's light on the optimal scoring too (I was around 50k after 2, and I trailed by a thousand or two at that point), but would make him passing you in the 3rd sub near impossible.
  • HxiiiK
    what I meant was, while it wasn't optimal, the screenshot of the end of Luck be a Lady was his score 3k below mine, which by then he was still below me in the main leaderboard.. meaning the jump came from the last 24hr sub which is rather impossible seeing as I was being optimal as well with my clears, even trying my best to clear up all the nodes but he was consistently 3k above me

to the one who suggested I do a proper report, I am currently not accusing him of cheating, for fear I may have missed out something..

For the record : He was below me even till the end of the 48 hour sub, 'Luck be a Lady', in the sub itself, he was 3k points below me, meaning the jump didn't happen then. He then jumped 5k points during the last 24 hour sub (about 16 hours into it, meaning 2 rotations), in which I was under the assumption he got impatient and overcleared, so I will naturally catch up at the end where I grind down all the nodes; however, that was not the case as he consistently maintained a 3k lead from me, even when I've already grinded down a lot of my nodes

The final score is a bit low compared to other slices, I believe some reach close to 80k, I got into an easier slice so I relaxed a bit, but overtaking me at the last 24hr sub where even I was grinding optimally just strikes me as rather odd
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    i always see this kind of "out-of-nowhere points" leaders during PVE.
    i had already played as optimal as i can but still, they were up there with 4-6k points lead during sub.
    i was always wondering where the hell did those points come from
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    The overtake is a bit large hit given the closing scores in your Slice where low 70k that's not to surprising - my slice top score was 85k so you were all playing slightly less than optimally - I finished 9th with 77k so if you are leaving any points on the table by not grinding every node down to 1 point you do leave the door open for people cruising past - 4 clears a day isn't the same as a perfect 8 hour cycle as well - where there gaps where you had nodes at full points but didn't clear for a while because you where doing something as outlandish as sleeping?
  • I think it's funny I'm being accused of cheating.

I was 1st overall after 1st sub. I missed a full clear in 2nd sub but grinded like a mofo to make up for it, and because I missed a clear the last nodes were @100% when I started. I finished 2nd sub in 2nd, and did optimal clears and heavy grind at the end of 3rd sub to finish 2nd overall with 74k... I have lots of other team members who finished mid 80k's... I just got lucky and had an easy bracket.

Sorry if that upsets you, better sharpen your finger if you want to beat me, I always play fair and square!
  • Malcrof
    furos_fury wrote:
    I think it's funny I'm being accused of cheating.

I was 1st overall after 1st sub. I missed a full clear in 2nd sub but grinded like a mofo to make up for it, and because I missed a clear the last nodes were @100% when I started. I finished 2nd sub in 2nd, and did optimal clears and heavy grind at the end of 3rd sub to finish 2nd overall with 74k... I have lots of other team members who finished mid 80k's... I just got lucky and had an easy bracket.

Sorry if that upsets you, better sharpen your finger if you want to beat me, I always play fair and square!

I would have beaten you.. if that is any consilation.. but my bracket had 20 people over 70K.. my 76k only got me 22nd!

Curious, do you have an online roster? I want to know how close my guess was to your playstyle.. The PVE hardcore (looking at you LivingLegend) have much to teach those who want to join their ranks.
  • HxiiiK
    alphabeta wrote:
    The overtake is a bit large hit given the closing scores in your Slice where low 70k that's not to surprising - my slice top score was 85k so you were all playing slightly less than optimally - I finished 9th with 77k so if you are leaving any points on the table by not grinding every node down to 1 point you do leave the door open for people cruising past - 4 clears a day isn't the same as a perfect 8 hour cycle as well - where there gaps where you had nodes at full points but didn't clear for a while because you where doing something as outlandish as sleeping?

perhaps I was misunderstood, my 4 clears per day means the 8 hour cycle, I play every 8 hours and the time i do something as outlandish as sleeping was during the cooldown, once I'm up, it's back to MPQ for me!
    furos_fury wrote:
    I think it's funny I'm being accused of cheating.

like i said, I am not accusing you of cheating, I am genuinely curious as to how you managed to find the points, because I really couldn't.. you grinded up that last sub really hard, I could tell.. and so did I, I'm actually confused as to how it happened

tl;dr, not accusing, clarifying. As you claimed, I lost fair and square, then well played, sir
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    If the OP doesn't want to call anyone out, he could just post the scores in text, or provide an altered screenshot with the names blacked out.
  • HxiiiK
    MojoWild wrote:
    If the OP doesn't want to call anyone out, he could just post the scores in text, or provide an altered screenshot with the names blacked out.

In hindsight perhaps I should have, but it's fine, the player justified his score above, but what's done is done, all I was wondering is how it could have happened and how I could have improved my game to avoid that in the future
  • MojoWild
    Also, I still don't understand how the OP gets 32 hours of clears in 24 hours.
  • Malcrof
    MojoWild wrote:

2nd sub is 48 hours.
  • HxiiiK
    edited September 2015
    MojoWild wrote:

say sub starts at 12am, the clears are

12am
    8am
    4pm
    technically 12am, but that's the grinding down of nodes

a total of 4 rounds, no?
  • MojoWild
    Malcrof wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

2nd sub is 48 hours.

24/8 is still 3 right?
  • Malcrof
    HxiiiK wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

say sub starts at 12am, the subs are

12am
    8am
    4pm
    11.59pm

a total of 4 rounds, no?

You can't do a full clear in 1 minute.. if the sub refreshed at 4, odds are, you should do your final grind at around 10, givng you 2 hours to max out points, and let health packs re-fresh for first clear of new sub.
  • HxiiiK
    Malcrof wrote:
    HxiiiK wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

say sub starts at 12am, the subs are

12am
    8am
    4pm
    11.59pm

a total of 4 rounds, no?

You can't do a full clear in 1 minute.. if the sub refreshed at 4, odds are, you should do your final grind at around 10, givng you 2 hours to max out points, and let health packs re-fresh for first clear of new sub.

changed the post to reflect that (I would think my points would show that I don't do clears during the last minute)
    yeap i grind optimally like everyone else icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Malcrof
    Pretty sure this thread is going nowhere at this point, so i will lock it. If you wish to contribute tips and methods, may i suggest picking up the discussion on optimal clears etc in the existing thread (below)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5304
This discussion has been closed.