Question for 1300+ Scorers

emaker27
emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Do you sell most of your pulls from legendary tokens?

I'm still curious as to the purpose of introducing a primarily 4* random token, to players who probably have most 4* characters already. So maybe my assumption is off.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm waiting for the 2nd 5* before redeeming, but I can tell you, based on what covers I need, there's a 2/3 chance I'm going to draw a cover I don't need.
  • Yep. I could actually use a lot of covers (only have 5 **** max covered). Still only had one useful pull and no SS.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    I've got 8 leg tokens I'm saving so far. I have wolv, fury, thor fully maxed, and IW cover maxed. Everything else besides Star Lord yellow will be usable for me.

Other observations:
    Xforce ddq was hard, even with maxed wolv
    Fury ddq was much more doable
    I do expect to have some trouble on DDQ with my 6 cover hulkbuster.

The pve grinds definitely take a substantial time investment
    Hitting 1300 for me takes some non-negligible boosting and shielding. Anywhere from 225 to 900 HP depending on the event.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    The token made it worse for those in 4* land, because before I could specifically target the 1300 covers that I needed. Now you just have to go for it and pray. (though my praying is waiting until it gets a 10% chance)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I'm waiting for the 2nd 5* before redeeming, but I can tell you, based on what covers I need, there's a 2/3 chance I'm going to draw a cover I don't need.

Same here, but my chances will be a hair better than 50% when the second 5* hits, presuming Iceman is also added, and I don't cover max something else in the interim.
  • I have XF, HB, Lthor, IW, Electra (miss-spec), and Furry (miss-spec) maxed with others 1 to 3 covers away from perfect. I am about 50/50 on can-use vs cannot use and most of the can-use covers are like SL.

I really like the new tokens but they are less useful since most of them become iso. It would be really nice to be able to sell the 4*'s for HP or more than 1k iso.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    I'm on 6 tokens so far.
    icon_ironman.pngblackflag.pngicon_nickfury.pngblueflag.pngicon_antman.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngicon_falcon.pngredflag.pngicon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png

of those, sold Ant Man purple and HB Black.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    emaker27 wrote:

I'm still curious as to the purpose of introducing a primarily 4* random token, to players who probably have most 4* characters already. So maybe my assumption is off.

The trick is to max a powerful character with $$$ and then use that powerful character to win the rest through PvP.

I still need many of the 4*s. I'm also building doubles of my existing powerful 4*s using the covers that I'm winning.

I have a second HB, JG, and 4Pool on the go right now. I'm also winning a lot of covers for characters that I never got because they were released when I was still in the 2-3* transition.

ISO is still the main issue, because I can't bring myself to pay 130 dollars for not even enough ISO to take a 4* to level 150.
  • simonsez wrote:

I too am waiting on the 2nd 5* before redeeming. But I only have four 4*s fully covered the way I want them.

If I count all the possible covers I could draw that would be useless... it would be 20 out the 54* possibilities. So I have about a 63% of pulling something useful on at least my first draw. Plus the opportunity of a SS/(other 5* character here)

*Not including Dino in this.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I don't chase 1300 every event yet. But of the 5 legendary tokens I've gotten all ways I haven't sold any yet, but 2 into a dupe of jg, and 1 for my px dupe (keeping low level for boosted pve) and one into a 4th yellow for ant man that I will respec later. So really I could have sold 4 of the 5 so far and I have a lot of under covered 4 *s. I only have imhb, jean, and px maxed, thats it. Oh and the other token, yes star lord.
  • Prior to Legendary Token release I had four 4* cover maxed (none max leveled) and could hit 1300 when I wanted to. I've pulled 6 Legendary tokens, none were 5* but all were covers I needed. If they continue 4* releases at this rate I can't see this feature being redundant anytime soon. If I do get a dupe it's not as though I didn't need the 1000 iso from selling.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    emaker27 wrote:

If not a legendary token what should the 1300 reward be? I like the token better. When it was a specific 4* kind of stunk when it was one I didn't need. Yes I may get unlucky opening tokens and get dupes but this is better than waiting for a cover I need to rotate in.

I have 7 legendary tokens thus far and haven't opened one yet. Waiting for second 5* and iceman release. I'm missing covers for xdp, Fisk, carnage, falcap, jg..and more. Hit 1300 every PvP except one off season.

There are a few 3* players hitting 1300. There are even more hitting 1300 who only have hulkbuster and no other viable 4*s. So yes majority hitting 1300 need the legendary token.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    When it was a specific 4* kind of stunk when it was one I didn't need.
    I kinda liked being able to go easy every other PvP...
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    When it was a specific 4* kind of stunk when it was one I didn't need.
    I kinda liked being able to go easy every other PvP...
    We're pretty bad at going 'easy' in S.H.I.E.L.D. We have a sickness.

On topic. So far I've been lucky needing most of the covers I've pulled but from a pure numbers standpoint I'll probably sell 2 out of every 3 pulls.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thus far I have drawn:

Elektra (red), KP (purple), Carnage (red), Prof X (blue), IW (yellow), Silver Surfer (black)

I have sold all except Elektra, KP and SS. If not for the SS. It's a poor return.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speaking for myself, I have 3 4*s that I would trot out in PVP - HB (fully covered,) WXF (fully covered,) Carnage (525 - the differrence between 2 and 3 black is pretty darn negligable 13 more damage for friendly tiles at level 250.) I have one more fully covered - IW at 535 - yeah I'll respec her when I get more blue.

Well, I keep track of my percentages. Last season, I had a 62% chance of drawing something I needed, so I banked my tokens until this season, when the chance shot up to 69%. Since then I've opened 6 tokens, this is what I got:

Carnage Green - not needed
    Electra Black - not needed - grr, at the time I drew this I needed both red and purple
    Mr. Fantastic Yellow - sure
    Ant-Man Yellow - needed
    Kingpin Yellow - woot!
    Iron Man HB red - nope

I've gotten my last PX blue and Electra purple (she's 552, so now I just need one red?) so my chance of needing what I drew has dropped to 65% - I guess I'm banking until they add the next 5* or Bobby gets in.

Short answer - I think many of the people who can reach 1300 still need quite a few 4* covers.