Covers...

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Why is it so hard to get the covers that you actually need? I'm not complaining about getting bad covers because today I've pulled gamora, Black Panther, OBW, 2 Jonny Storm, and just now The Thing (and about 600 Hawkeye, Spider-Man) but I don't need any of these covers.

Please MPQ Gods take mercy on me and give me the Steve Rodgers, MNM redflag.png , and Dr Doom covers I need.

FYI none of the covers I've pulled have been paid for they were all won, which I should commend Demiure for since I expected to never get legendary or good 3* covers without paying for them and I even pulled Kingpin, Star-Lord, The Thing, all from standard even tokens. Great Job guys

Comments

• You've maxed Thing who has only been out for about 3 months and is 4* but you have not managed to get 5 [edit: red] MN Mags?

This is why we need to be able to trade unwanted covers in game!
  • OneLastGambit
    Grantosium wrote:
    You've maxed Thing who has only been out for about 3 months and is 4* but you have not managed to get 5 [edit: red] MN Mags?

This is why we need to be able to trade unwanted covers in game!

No I haven't maxed Thing, just pulled one cover for him, but he is pretty hard to get and though I eventually want to build him I don't have the roster space right now so he will end up getting sold.

a cover trade system would be real useful to us gamers but would mean a lot less business for demiure so I understand why there isn't one. I've pulled tons of MNMags tokens but they are blue 11 times out of ten. I even covered all of his blue in the interim just to bump up his level and expected to get the reds at some point but so far only 2 reds
  • Ah, I misunderstood what you meant by "don't need". I read as "already have" rather than "can't use".

For me the purple MN Mags were the ones that took the longest to fall, but that's just the way it is.

I run MN Mags with a 4/5/4 build. The purple is the reason to have him, the blue does just about nothing and doesn't get used by me but I'd rather have the slightly cheaper cost on the red, which only really gets used if Mags is last man standing. So he's basically a utility character for powering other blue users. So I found it particularly frustrating that the purples took a while to fall.
  • OneLastGambit
    Grantosium wrote:
    Ah, I misunderstood what you meant by "don't need". I read as "already have" rather than "can't use".

For me the purple MN Mags were the ones that took the longest to fall, but that's just the way it is.

I run MN Mags with a 4/5/4 build. The purple is the reason to have him, the blue does just about nothing and doesn't get used by me but I'd rather have the slightly cheaper cost on the red, which only really gets used if Mags is last man standing. So he's basically a utility character for powering other blue users. So I found it particularly frustrating that the purples took a while to fall.

Yeah I'm trying to build a 355 mags to use in DDQ Big Enchilada, I've yet to beat it despite coming very close a couple of times and many people state using Thor/Storm/ MnMags is the way to go, my Thor and Storm are both up to scratch.
  • That's a popular method. A lot of people swear by it.

I like using 2* Steve Rogers at 3/5/5. He can overwrite countdown tiles so the first and third waves basically can't fight back once he gets going.

If it's ninja day take some AP boosts to get Steve going quicker. 2* Captain Marvel and Thor were my mainstays as Steve's companions, but it could work with just about anyone alongside him.
  • OneLastGambit
    Grantosium wrote:
    That's a popular method. A lot of people swear by it.

I like using 2* Steve Rogers at 3/5/5. He can overwrite countdown tiles so the first and third waves basically can't fight back once he gets going.

If it's ninja day take some AP boosts to get Steve going quicker. 2* Captain Marvel and Thor were my mainstays as Steve's companions, but it could work with just about anyone alongside him.

I did have a nearly full covered Cap but sold him in favour of building his 3* variety, which I will probably use eventually. The ones I had best cover for and already levelled high enough to complete it where Storm, Thor, OBW (she dies way too fast), Hulk (not much use here), and Daken. Nearly did it with Storm, OBW and Daken once but I mustve got lucky board because I got hammered every other time I did this combo
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Check out this thread
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26330

All sorts of tips and teams for beating TBE with a 2* team.
  • OneLastGambit
    Read that thread it's what made search for my MNM red covers
  • I've said for a long time that covers should be color agnostic. So you would be able to choose which color to apply to with your cover. I really want to build a 5/3/5 XDP, but I just got another black and am at 3/4/3 now. But respec is about suffrage as opposed to a feature.
  • OneLastGambit
    I've said for a long time that covers should be color agnostic. So you would be able to choose which color to apply to with your cover. I really want to build a 5/3/5 XDP, but I just got another black and am at 3/4/3 now. But respec is about suffrage as opposed to a feature.

I'd go with this ^^ since I know swapping covers with other players will ruin their business model I think being able to change the colour of a cover you have would be reasonable. Perhaps even make it cost HP then people aren't doing it willy nilly.

Any chance of this Ice?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron Fist. Gimme Iron Fist. Need Iron Fist. Now. Gimme. I've had him stuck at 1/3/5 for months. I missed his last DDQ because I was on holiday. The one coming up is useless. He's almost never been rewarded as PvE or PvP prizes. Need Iron Fist. He's my worst covered 3*.
  • OneLastGambit
    Iron Fist. Gimme Iron Fist. Need Iron Fist. Now. Gimme. I've had him stuck at 1/3/5 for months. I missed his last DDQ because I was on holiday. The one coming up is useless. He's almost never been rewarded as PvE or PvP prizes. Need Iron Fist. He's my worst covered 3*.

I had three green covers for Iron Fist over the last month as token pulls, had no roster space and he was less valuable than the 2*s I had on my very limited roster space at the time so I sold them. I've done the same with countless others, right now I'm debating selling a classic Magneto because I've only seen 2 covers for him and the Thoress I pulled yesterday is looking that space with envy....
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

I had three green covers for Iron Fist over the last month as token pulls, had no roster space and he was less valuable than the 2*s I had on my very limited roster space at the time so I sold them. I've done the same with countless others, right now I'm debating selling a classic Magneto because I've only seen 2 covers for him and the Thoress I pulled yesterday is looking that space with envy....

I've scored well in the events that have him as a reward, but there have only been three since his release. I got 5 covers in black ages ago because it was so easy to obtain. I've just had some luck and got another purple cover in the Iceman vault (which I admit to spending money on simply in the hopes of getting one of the two Iron Fist covers in there).

Whenever I've been lucky enough to get an Iron Fist as a reward in a token it's always been black except for the one other time I got a purple. So unfair ;.;
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've said for a long time that covers should be color agnostic. So you would be able to choose which color to apply to with your cover. I really want to build a 5/3/5 XDP, but I just got another black and am at 3/4/3 now. But respec is about suffrage as opposed to a feature.

I'd go with this ^^ since I know swapping covers with other players will ruin their business model I think being able to change the colour of a cover you have would be reasonable. Perhaps even make it cost HP then people aren't doing it willy nilly.

Any chance of this Ice?

Something along these lines would drastically reduce the needless frustration from a horribly bad run of cover luck that could eventually push people away from the game entirely and it would not actually hurt sales overall as while people would need to buy less, those who will spend money on the game are more likely to do so when they have a better chance of getting something usable.