"Impersonation"

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
why they haven't used this mechanic sooner/more often to change up the whole Dark Avengers dynamic, I have no idea.

But thumbs up.

Comments

• evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    I just don't like how when Mystique impersonates Cyclops, her fake optic blasts hurt as much as the real thing
  • evil panda wrote:
    I just don't like how when Mystique impersonates Cyclops, her fake optic blasts hurt as much as the real thing

Y'know, this got me wondering what it'd be like if say.

If when Mystique uses Shapeshift, her first two abilities are replaced with the first two abilities of the person she's impersonating (color and all), and Masterstroke or her tile getting destroyed is the only way to get another Shapeshift or Infiltration out.

I can't imagine it being very usual usually but it'd be interesting.
  • OJSP wrote:

It's interesting, but Mystique can't copy other mutants' powers.. she could only change her appearance to look like anyone.

Tell that to that Cyclops and Magneto mode last PVE. icon_razz.gif
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    There has already been a similar thing in another story mode. Don't remember the exact storyline but it's one in Dark Reign where the baddies are breaking out criminals from a prison, and a couple of imprisoned Skrulls changed into Magneto and... I think Iron Man?

Anyway, from what I read, Skrulls don't actually copy their originals' powers, but they can have powers genetically engineered into them. Mystique I don't think can copy other mutants' power when she shapeshift into them, unless their physical appearance/property is part of their power.
  • So basically the Devs need to get artwork done for Mimic and use him as an unplayable enemy so they can mix and match powers to him for infinite enemy variety.

While they are at it, Super Skrull would be nice too. At least with him there would only be 12 moves to animate.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Mimic was actually on a villiainous team, the Dark X-Men, during Dark Reign - so there's no need to make him an unplayable villain, he fits the (former) storyline of the game the same as the Dark Avengers.
  • colwag wrote:
    Y'know, this got me wondering what it'd be like if say.

If when Mystique uses Shapeshift, her first two abilities are replaced with the first two abilities of the person she's impersonating (color and all), and Masterstroke or her tile getting destroyed is the only way to get another Shapeshift or Infiltration out.

I can't imagine it being very usual usually but it'd be interesting.

I just realized Rouge is a character that totally exists, and would have Ability Stealing as a totally viable and understandable mechanic for her and it'd be sick.

That is all.