Expired event tokens?

mikepro
mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I know I'm not the furthest along in this game at all. But I'm curious as to what happens with the tokens that you win in pve or pvp events.

So this season there's red shift and now the mystique pvp. Let's say I get a token or 2 in each one after the event expires does the token drop down to heroic or a standard token? Or does it wail till they are in pvp in later seasons.

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    They get put in a post-event token screen. They'll still pull from that same event reward list, with the same odds.

If you keep them for long enough, when the same event rolls around again, they'll become active again, and they'll pull from the new reward list, with the new odds.
  • mikepro
    So no matter what if spending them or saving them is no difference. If you wanna save them save them or spend them if you want a new cover.

Thanks for answering so quickly. I'm only on day 173 right now so I got a while to go before any thing good happens but I appreciate the help.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Pretty much that. Sometimes it makes sense to hoard your tokens, especially if you don't have enough HP to open up a new roster slot yet.
  • mikepro
    That's what I'm planning on doing is hoard my tokens for a bit cause I've got 725 imcoin.png and I am at the point of 700 imcoin.png for a roster spot. Wichita they capped it at 500
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time to move to Wichita!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think (but do not know for sure) the event tokens are based on the heroic token pull odds, so if you save them until the heroic odds change the odds of your tokens should change accordingly. I.e. if you have a token from season 18 it should still have the increased 4* draw rate that was introduced in season 19.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I think (but do not know for sure) the event tokens are based on the heroic token pull odds, so if you save them until the heroic odds change the odds of your tokens should change accordingly. I.e. if you have a token from season 18 it should still have the increased 4* draw rate that was introduced in season 19.

As far as I know this is the case - certainly when "The Hulk" was running last week it had the Season 18's draw rate until late on Thursday, then had the higher rate.

There's actually a reasonably good reason to save PVE tokens - the image for the token updates well in advance of the event. Now that Ice is telling us the upcoming events it's less important to know the event itself is coming, but it will tell you the boosted characters. Speaking for myself, I don't maintain all the 2*s - I kept 7 of them. Knowing I need to make up a new one out of my archived covers is useful.