It's time to end 7 day PVE events, or up their rewards.

This is probably my only complaint currently with the game as is. The 7 day PVE events can be a slog, and even with the expanded pve rewards progressions, you're still earning the same prizes, it just takes more points to do so.

The progression rewards on a 7 day PVE should be significantly increased due to the required time investment, as opposed to a PVP event, or the 3-4 day PVE event. Be this double Legendary tokens and 3 star covers for progressions, or maybe have 7 day PVE's be the one pve that includes a fixed 4 star in the progression reward.

Or better, they should split the pve events into 2 separate parts, so there isn't a long stretch in the first place, and this brings them more in sync with the other pve and pvp event lengths.

Comments

• ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Agreed. 3 days max. And new-character events shouldn't be rank based, there's too much luck, unpredictability, and manipulation of brackets.

All 3 covers should be available as Progression rewards. Maybe you give the first cover at, what used to be full progression, 2nd at 2x, and 3rd is an extremely high number.

Or do an event like Ultron for every new character, especially 4*s. Hulkbuster was so well done, despite the last wave being impossible.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    ruyen wrote:
    Agreed. 3 days max. And new-character events shouldn't be rank based, there's too much luck, unpredictability, and manipulation of brackets.

All 3 covers should be available as Progression rewards. Maybe you give the first cover at, what used to be full progression, 2nd at 2x, and 3rd is an extremely high number.

Or do an event like Ultron for every new character, especially 4*s. Hulkbuster was so well done, despite the last wave being impossible.

then how would they make their money
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    The rewards ARE higher for 7 day event. I so progression AND ranking awards as well as hp awards for the full event are DOUBLE. So......
  • The rewards ARE higher for 7 day event. I so progression AND ranking awards as well as hp awards for the full event are DOUBLE. So......

That's a small gain, on the time investment involved. With the covers and tokens being kept to the same amount, you're still expending twice as much time on reward equal to other events.

While I do realize, they can't give covers away completely freely, more event tokens or having the 7 days be an exclusive pve source for specific 4 star covers would be an improvement. Have the specific four stars for the current event given in the extended progression.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    The rewards ARE higher for 7 day event. I so progression AND ranking awards as well as hp awards for the full event are DOUBLE. So......

um 7 days = 1 leg token

3/4 days i can get 2 leg tokens so how are all rewards double
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if they ran a 365-day PvE that had 1 legendary token progression reward, and offered 100 HP for overall top 10 finish, you'd be cool with that?
  • WelcomeDeath
    Well, no, but if it followed the same formula (2x as.long, 2x the iso and hp), you'd be getting 150000 iso and 10000 hp. Also, I'm sure if there was event so ridiculous, top prize would be a 7* character that started at level 1050 and could kill all other characters with one shot.
  • WelcomeDeath
    Also, if it's a standard 7 day, you're getting 350 hp if you place top 50 each day and 7000 iso on top of final placement prizes, as opposed to 150 hp, 3000 iso for 3 day or 200hp. 4000 iso for 4 days, as well as additional event tokens, 4 more than 3 day (8 if you're in top 100), 3 more than 4 day (6 if top 100 alliance). Furthermore, the Hulk pve (the last 7-day run) included 5250 iso in progression awards and 100 hp. Current 3 day includes just 2220 iso and 50 hp.